Tim simona....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So then the Tigers have tried to flog Lovett who was busted for drugs and Simona who gambled on a game. Something something caveat emptor...

Hmmm, not surprised they go after a minnow and ruin his football life, and big name players get away with gambling issues because they're stars.

Of course the NRL have to make an example of someone, and shouldn't be condoned. Would have more impact if it was it was bigger name. Does it make a difference if they're betting on games or even racing?

Find it more intriging that whilst gambling could be an issue socially and for families dealing with complications that as a society most things are sponsored by these institutions. Brookvale - Lottoland, Channel 7 sports report - NSW Tab. Each games they bring up sports odds before the games starts and half time?

Not a prude, love a bet myself. But if they are serious about this they also need to cut off the hand that feeds them as well.

In fairness do we want a player kicked out for placing a bet when a player who threatens reporters gets continuos lifelines?

That's my rant for the day!

breaches of gambling rules

Wests Tigers back Tim Simona is facing being rubbed out of the game after becoming embroiled in a betting scandal.

The NRL said they had issued Simona with a notice to cancel his registration after he was alleged to have broken rules relating to gambling on the game.
Simona has the right to appeal but has been stood down from training and will not be allowed to play before the matter is finalised.

The 25-year-old Samoan international has played 79 matches for the Tigers since making his debut against Newcastle in 2011

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eaches-of-gambling-rules-20170217-gufdvj.html

Hmmm, not surprised they go after a minnow and ruin his football life, and big name players get away with gambling issues because they're stars.

Of course the NRL have to make an example of someone, and shouldn't be condoned. Would have more impact if it was it was bigger name. Does it make a difference if they're betting on games or even racing?

Find it more intriging that whilst gambling could be an issue socially and for families dealing with complications that as a society most things are sponsored by these institutions. Brookvale - Lottoland, Channel 7 sports report - NSW Tab. Each games they bring up sports odds before the games starts and half time?

Not a prude, love a bet myself. But if they are serious about this they also need to cut off the hand that feeds them as well.

In fairness do we want a player kicked out for placing a bet when a player who threatens reporters gets continuos lifelines?

Agree with your rant. As to your question, I would take a very different attitude to having a punt and betting on your own team to lose.

Manly is making a strong statement with lottoland. It is a form of gambling that is not associated with fixable sport events. Hats off to Manly!

If the NRL ever decided to ban betting agencies from sponsoring the game, clubs, venues etc etc.....do you really think that will make one bit of difference to them?

Not that they will ban them of course, way too much money involved.

Agree with your rant. As to your question, I would take a very different attitude to having a punt and betting on your own team to lose.

Well it was the tigers? Think it would a different thing if say the team was leading by 14 and got rolled, but if you were the tigers playing a top 4 team and you were never in the hunt then what does it matter? Think they should focus more on the rorting ie miss a goal in front, unexplainably lose the ball in goal for an oppostion try.

It would be interesting to find out what this is all about! I don't have a problem with a Zero tolerance attitude on betting. It can't be any other way really. But stupid wolfman being banned for a $10 bet on Manly to win, some punishments just don't seem to fit the crime. But I guess, what price do you place on stupidity?

Huge likes. Perhaps the first silvertail to spell "they're" correctly in context.

Tim Simona faces fresh allegations over betting on Wests Tigers games
News Corp Australia
February 23, 2017 11:09am
THE NRL is still waiting for a response from Wests Tigers star Tim Simona, who faces the prospect of a life ban if found guilty of allegations he arranged for bets to be placed on opposition players.

The NRL dropped a betting bombshell last week when they issued Simona with a notice of intention to cancel his registration.

The Tigers centre was alleged to have placed a string of minor bets, including being the first tryscorer and scoring multiple tries in a game, during a betting spree last season.

It has also been alleged he used someone else’s account to place bets on opposition players he was marking to score tries.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/547970c87beda69c49bb5f163b6fec35

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8