Tim simona....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Tim Simona faces fresh allegations over betting on Wests Tigers games
News Corp Australia
February 23, 2017 11:09am
THE NRL is still waiting for a response from Wests Tigers star Tim Simona, who faces the prospect of a life ban if found guilty of allegations he arranged for bets to be placed on opposition players.

The NRL dropped a betting bombshell last week when they issued Simona with a notice of intention to cancel his registration.

The Tigers centre was alleged to have placed a string of minor bets, including being the first tryscorer and scoring multiple tries in a game, during a betting spree last season.

It has also been alleged he used someone else’s account to place bets on opposition players he was marking to score tries.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/547970c87beda69c49bb5f163b6fec35
Hope it was Foran's account - that would be too funny

So West Tigers offered Simona around to other Clubs knowing he was being investigated? Top class ethics there if that is true. Smells on Sharks and Barba.

NRL hands down Tim Simona verdict
The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago
TIM Simona has been deregistered by the NRL for a range of rule breaches, including betting on opposition players scoring against his team.

The Wests Tigers centre also lied when interviewed by the NRL’s integrity unit, bet on rugby league matches and didn’t pass on jersey auction proceeds to charities.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/4dcc0573052cb42972b0efd9efb0ce61

NRL hands down Tim Simona verdict
The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago
TIM Simona has been deregistered by the NRL for a range of rule breaches, including betting on opposition players scoring against his team.

The Wests Tigers centre also lied when interviewed by the NRL’s integrity unit, bet on rugby league matches and didn’t pass on jersey auction proceeds to charities.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/4dcc0573052cb42972b0efd9efb0ce61
He'll be signed up by the Waratahs come next week

Shocking to think that this is happening.
Wonder how many others are doing it without being caught?
Is he the only one? Me thinks he's just the dumbest.

def makes you wonder tho... they can accuse a minnow and have ample evidence within a few weeks to ban him for life....
I remember watching a few manly games in 2015 and saying to my old boy "how in the world are some of these guys playing THIS BADLY with the season on the line???"
those same games were revealed to be the ones under suspicion, and i have no doubt in my mind that the fix was most certainly in on those games... but funnily enough, even tho certain players have massive bread crumb trails leading directly too them, their mates, their family, and their betting accounts, no "evidence" can be found... seems off to me

Wish they publish his contract amount to quantify his level of greed.

Everyday people manage to work 40 hour weeks, raise a family and live honestly on much less than NRL players :nod:

Simona has a marketable talent yet it wasn't enough to maintain his lifestyle :confused:

Gambling is a cancer in our game. The NRL need to consider the consequences of having gambling companies as sponsors and the message it is sending out to players and fans alike. I am uncomfortable that we rename our ground for a gambling company. Many years ago the government banned cigarette advertising and in spite of all the protests it was a wise decision. The catch phrase "Gamble responsibly" is laughable really. The match fixing allegations have left a stain on our club and we still await the outcome of the investigation. The NRL must get its finger out and protect the integrity of the game and look for other streams of revenue. I am over the gambling ads that plague a game that is televised. Not all of us gamble on football and I pretty much wont watch a match till it kicks off now on tele to avoid it.

Gambling is a cancer in our game. The NRL need to consider the consequences of having gambling companies as sponsors and the message it is sending out to players and fans alike. I am uncomfortable that we rename our ground for a gambling company. Many years ago the government banned cigarette advertising and in spite of all the protests it was a wise decision. The catch phrase "Gamble responsibly" is laughable really. The match fixing allegations have left a stain on our club and we still await the outcome of the investigation. The NRL must get its finger out and protect the integrity of the game and look for other streams of revenue. I am over the gambling ads that plague a game that is televised. Not all of us gamble on football and I pretty much wont watch a match till it kicks off now on tele to avoid it.
The free for all on gambling is a cancer on our society. It is getting to ridiculous degrees of publicity and exposure

good to see the high road taken by the NRL..........

Gambling fraud is apparently worse than hitting women, dealing drugs, standover man etc etc etc etc.

whilst i think this guy needs to be banned surely it should be in context with the other players who have re-entered the game?

“Simona was earning around $350,000 a year, and collected a quarter of that amount given contracts begin annually on November 1.....“

Yet he auctioned WT jerseys for Camp Quality (Kids with Cancer), only to keep the proceeds :mad:

Well Ben Cousins was finally jailed this week after years of rehabs and wrist slaps. :cool:

Some people need the full force of the law to stop their decline - if that's possible @:rolleyes:

It was pretty obvious from the start he had a gambling problem, which isn't uncommon these days considering most people have a punt. Doubt he's the only one, in fact I'd put my house on it.

Very few people beat a drug habit in jail. Fact.
That wasn't my point.

Point was that lawyers keep getting these guys rehab, instead of scaring them with the reality of a lockup

Obviously it is still their choice to change or not. But at least they taste the bleak alternative if they don't :eek:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12