Time to bring back Des

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Certainly don't forget him leaving but I also don't just wipe what he did for the club as coach and a player yes what he did was wrong but 2 just wipe all the good he has done for the club is also wrong.

I agree it is a no win situation. Toovey is a legend always will be but as a club who feels toovey can pull us out of the mess.

I agree it is a no win situation. Toovey is a legend always will be but as a club who feels toovey can pull us out of the mess.

I love Toovey but he doesn't fill me with confidence when he kept saying we are confident we can keep both and both DCE and Foz will stay well Tooves with respect you are not in touch with the players because 1 has gone and the other is looking for his balls before he tells us he is gone. Coaches should have a better read on players than that.

Certainly don't forget him leaving but I also don't just wipe what he did for the club as coach and a player yes what he did was wrong but 2 just wipe all the good he has done for the club is also wrong.

He didn't do it for the club, he did it for himself. That's why he tried to pillage our player ranks when he left. Even players that were really close to him (like the Stewart's) turned on him. I remember Snake saying "Don't be a Dog, be Manly".

Whether Toovey is a good coach or not, I'm unsure. But I honestly wouldn't begrudge the guy one bit if he decided to walk away from the top job. The last 12 months have felt like hell for a lot of us watching the car crash go on, but imagine trying to manage it with obstacles continually falling your way.
Toovey is in a no win situation I doubt even the best of coaches could have managed what he has had to go through much better.
In saying that I have never seen Tooves as head coach material but he has performed very well given the environment he has been placed in.

He didn't do it for the club, he did it for himself. That's why he tried to pillage our player ranks when he left. Even players that were really close to him (like the Stewart's) turned on him. I remember Snake saying "Don't be a Dog, be Manly".

He won premierships with us as a player and a coach he will always be a champion of this club long after some of the current players are forgotten. Yes what he did was wrong but it doesn't change facts he did a lot more good for us then he has done bad. Every coach who leaves a club try's 2 take players with them. Bennett, Hasler , Cleary and also Arthur

What the hell are you going on about???
Im saying we use our masses of cash that the Penns have to buy Brad Arthur and Des as coaches then also buy hodko and Norman and all will be sweet.

You can't go wrong with two messiahs on the coaching staff

I think Brad Author has done more damage to the club than Des.
We have to think about what is best for Manly. Des has built the side into a premiership winning side in the past and I believe he can do it again.

We have to think about what is best for Manly. Des has built the side into a premiership winning side in the past and I believe he can do it again.

It really doesn't matter what we think Penn writes the cheques he will decide who is the coach.

They can stick that des Hasler up their haslers. Duck off box troll. I would rather watch the club win its first spoon than have him back.

You may get your wish and see Manly get there first wooden spoon.
I prefer to see Manly winning premierships.

De$ was great...... Right up until him and that smug assh*le Greenturd shat all over this club, the players and supporters by announcing his move to the dogs ALMOST BEFORE THE CONFETTI HIT THE GROUND.

That was a massive slap in the face. The bastarrds couldn't let us enjoy a hard fought premiership win for FIVE F*CKING MINUTES.

He can go take a flying f*ck at a goat.

A question I have, how can a coach break a contract which he has signed with a club and yet be permitted to break it without any legal ramifications unless the club chose to release him just like they would a player on contract?

Based on the feelings for Des and if Toovs is on the outer then why not approach a fresh young coach such as Maguire or Robinson or Laurie Daley, look what he has done with the NSW Origin Side?

Last edited:
Beaver or Andtew Johns to replace Tooves if he goes.hope we all look back at these posts when we make the GF and realise we were wrong to doubt Tooves and the boys
It is only round 1 ,but not that confident ,especially if both our halves leave ,which looks like is happening.

I guess at some stage after so much success we were going to have an upheaval BUT not as dramatic as this. Littlejohn isn't that bad. Where is Josh Drinkwater ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6