Time to come clean Foz!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty over all this contract BS to be honest. Scratching my head wondering when the last positive article was written about us...

So eels have watmough for 800K, Hoppa 800K and Lussick for 250K and want to add a 4th manly players for 1.2 million, that would be half their salary cap for jsut 4 players

No way should we let him go - we wont be able to find a replacement anywhere near his quality for 2015 especially at late notice so why forfeit all hope this year just in spite.

The CEO is there to not make decisions on emotion - as a fan its harder to be so pragmatic but its got to be done. Foran will be here in 2015 and has to be. Enough with the inmates running the asylum via the newspapers. Play out your contract.
Completely agree. If every team was f*cked just because one of their players had signed elsewhere for next season, Steven Bradbury would win the premiership ! Look, Foz is not only a great competitor, but an intelligent and morally decent guy. He will bust his gut for us this year whether he is staying or going. Last years derailment was due to a number of reasons, not just Gift's imminent departure.

Last edited:
Manly have offered 6.6 mil over 3 years for both DCE and Foz. So why would Foz move if we are offering them 1.2mil per season.
Our offers involves a fair amount of 3rd party deals which are not guaranteed by the NRL like money under the salary cap is.

Some on the Parra forum have been suggesting that hayne will return by 30 June 2015 and that they will re-sign him using Smith's NRL money outside the cap.

Our game will be so much better when we finally piss off player managers. The dribble that goes through the media, all to try and squeeze every last cent out of a player contract from the club. Corey Parker has the right idea and negotiates his own deals at the Donkeys. Although their may well be some other reason he and Andrew done that. It is a complete joke.

The sooner league has a player draft the better. Gavin Orr especially ****s me, he seems very practiced at using his words carefully or I will suggest bending the truth with what gets fed to the media.

As agent would have to act on the say so of the players instructions. So I am going to give the thumbs down to our two halves and say you are both very greedy individuals.

Especially someone like DCE and FOZ. 1.1 OR 1.2 mill a year. Gee good players and all, but how much does Tony Abbott get and what's his responsibility running a country compared to a little rugby league team around.

Does anyone remember that little hooker Terry Seu Seu who last played for us in 2011. I am going to suggest this terrific little player got us into the GF in 2011, he just had a blinder against the broncos I think. He may not have played on the big day, but he was in and out of first grade that year. For me I give him just as much credit as Gifty, FOZ, DCE for that years win. A terrific little player.

I have placed an article below. $55K the little bloke was getting paid.

Think back to all the crap about DCE going to the Broncos and wanting another $100k upgrade. Yet another bloke is struggling to make ends meet.

I am pretty sure I read the increases in the salary cap were implemented on the basis that the base wage of players weren't real flash.

In reality all's the inrease has done is see the top players pay doubled too around 1or 1.2 going up $600k Whilst the bottom bloke at the club has gone up around 30K.

I have no sympathy for FOZ or DCE or any rep player when it comes to negotiating these top player contracts. Sometimes I think id prefer someone like Terry who'd be over the moon with 100k a year full stop, and not some one whinging for 100k more. After all Rugby League is just as much a drain on our bottom paid player like Seu Seu's body as it is the games top paid player like Thurston.

Just my thoughts.

THIS is the true face of working class rugby league. It is Manly bench player Terence Seu Seu - who is playing season 2010 on the NRL's minimum wage of just $55,000.
He hasn't come out complaining, whining or demanding more money - unlike his $500,000-a-season counterparts - but Seu Seu is living the life of a football pauper.

He lives in Gorokan on the Central Coast with wife Elkie and their 16-month-old son Kingston, with the young family saving some valuable dollars by living with Elkie's mum Monica.

Seu Seu, 22, also drives more than 1000km a week to Manly's Narrabeen base for training five or six times a week. Petrol alone costs him more than $150. After tax and petrol, Seu Seu is left with about $550 for the week. "It is a struggle week to week," he told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.

"My wife is back working so that helps a bit but we wouldn't be able to get by if she didn't work.

"It's tough. I spend about $150 each week on petrol. Still, that's cheaper than living in Manly, where we'd be paying $400 a week in rent.

"Thankfully we aren't paying rent. Again, if we had to, we couldn't get by.

"We would all like to earn more to help ourselves and our families.

"I was on six figures at [previous club] Cronulla so it's difficult to come back to this wage."

Seu Seu's comment comes as Penrith and Australian prop Petero Civoniceva met with RLPA chief executive David Garnsey to discuss the gripes of senior players.

But it appears the players are losing the public relations battle with fans.

Asked was he irritated at the rich players' stance, Seu Seu said: "It did irritate me at the start.

"Everyone wants to earn that sort of money.

"That is the business. Too much money is never enough, I guess.

"I'm on the minimum wage and I personally think it should be raised. I reckon it should be about $100,000 - particularly when you see the money being made in other sports.

"I was earning more playing in the under-20s. But I have to prove myself this year and build myself back up.

"It is make or break for me this year at Manly.

"Had my wife not been working, my wage would have to be enough for three people."

The new collective bargaining agreement is certain to raise the NRL's minimum wage.

Seu Seu's Manly teammate Vic Mauro is driving an airport shuttle bus up to 16 hours a week to help supplement his modest wage, also the minimum $55,000.

Meanwhile, Civoniceva said he did not want strike action after a four-hour meeting with Garnsey at ANZ Stadium.

Civoniceva, a player spokesman, went to the meeting after discussing a range of issues with senior and Test players over the past week. Despite hysteria in some quarters, a strike was never going to occur.

"We have a lot to talk about [in the future] and I am sure we will," Civoniceva said.

Talking about increasing payments, North Queensland star Johnathan Thurston said rugby league was a "big drain on the body".

Last edited:
Consider this guys
So we have had gifty leave 450 k and choc 400k per season and yes i know we are paying choc 200 this season.
Kingy left also he was on around 300k.
We have signed willie on around 250k i would imagine and feleti i around the same.
Tom symonds and buhrer where resigned but i doubt for huge upgrades. We have not signed much as well when kitey left also.
At a guess choc, gifty and kingy free up 1.1 mill. Wille and feleti take up500k, now we have stevie on 350 to 400k and matty b on around the same.
Simply we have the cash for both, i believe we won't resign stevie my guess with the releases of gifty, choc and not renewing stevies we will free up nearly 1.2 mill.
Now given foz is on 600 k and dce on 550 we may have enough to keep them.

I understand the media is stirring up emotions with the fans.
It's their job to sell stories, whether true or not.

I believe if we ride along with these "stories", we are only fanning the flames, much to the delight of these two bit journos. Don't get suckered.

If the player(s) involved is not a party to these tales, don't get them riled with themes of tar and feather. It's not right.

I will not comment on all these speculations until they become fact.
Until then, I will NOT bag out a player that may become a Sea Eagle for life, for all we know.

I love for Foz to stay a Sea Eagle for life.
He's one of the toughest and most competitive player we have at five eight since IMA. Until he agrees to wear a different jersey, he's still in my good books.

Last edited:
I'd hate to say it fellow eagle fans but For an is gone and DCE will be the one that stays.

Choc and Foran where drinking at a pub on the beaches last night deep disscussion.
Only one can presume it was about the other joining the other next year as drinks where passed around and the night went on for a fair bit

I know a few Parra supporters who are convinced that Foran has agreed to play for them. That being said I know some Raiders supporters who consider themselves in the know that Snake was all but signed sealed and delivered for them for 2015. Its not difficult for these rumours to gain momentum. Similar rumblings have turned out to be true, and I'm sure others were true at the time only for players to change their minds, they are human after all.

I would be gutted if either of our halves left. They are both guns despite what some fans might say, and they will automatically make whatever team they go to better an probably a premiership contender. Seeing either of those 2 guys win comps in another teams uniform would be gut wrenching.

I'd hate to say it fellow eagle fans but For an is gone and DCE will be the one that stays.

Choc and Foran where drinking at a pub on the beaches last night deep disscussion.
Only one can presume it was about the other joining the other next year as drinks where passed around and the night went on for a fair bit
I can only presume that the deep discussion feathered friend was about Choc who still loves hanging around the Northern beaches and how he prefers to enjoy a drink there than at Parra .His 90k return trip to training at Parra as compared to the 6k return trip to Narrabeen and the disappointment of his exit from the team that he has tattoos all over his arms and chest

I can only presume that the deep discussion feathered friend was about Choc who still loves hanging around the Northern beaches and how he prefers to enjoy a drink there than at Parra .His 90k return trip to training at Parra as compared to the 6k return trip to Narrabeen and the disappointment of his exit from the team that he has tattoos all over his arms and chest

This clowns name is Broomstickbarbie and he has two posts...I'd say the discussion never happened in the first place.

Geez, is this the off season or groundhog day. I'm over it.
Time did seem to slow down after the exit of the Quantum Group...perhaps we entered an alternate universe where time moves backwards, anyway that's my Quantum Theory...roll on kickoff time.

Unpopular opinion here..

Foran is a great competitor who runs very hard at the line and occasionally breaks the line. Solid ball player and kicking game. Great defender. Sounds like a Lock forward to me - but the good locks are making 150 metres a game.
Cherry on the other hand always has a few strings to his attacking bow - great runner who breaks the line, short and long passing game, 40/20's, chips, grubbers. A true playmaker.
In my opinion Foz is not a 1.1mill a year player. Cherry is.

I can't see Foran taking Parra to a premiership on his own, he would need to go to the Warriors where a true playmaker can direct the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6