time to go tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2V will stay on. Will be crazy to get rid of him I say. These are the times where you need to hold your nerve! We will ride this through!
Nothing crazy about that!

Im backing the club management to do what's best for the club moving foward.
Have faith.
What else can we do?

In the past it was a no brainer to back management.

Not with this lot though!

And has been mentioned, would this management have sacked Hasler after a 0-4 start in 2009?

Toovey is battling 2 of his most important players showing indifference at best. Cherry has put in this year but played crap yesterday (although probably injured), whereas the other creep foran is trying his best to get Tooves sacked.

I haven't seen a professional player do what foran is doing.

I bet Tooves would love to drop him but will probably be told by management he has to pick him.

Surely others in the team will be as pissed off at foran as we are?

If Blair gets picked again this week, then I'll start t have doubts over Tooves selections.

In the past it was a no brainer to back management.

Not with this lot though!

And has been mentioned, would this management have sacked Hasler after a 0-4 start in 2009?

Toovey is battling 2 of his most important players showing indifference at best. Cherry has put in this year but played crap yesterday (although probably injured), whereas the other creep foran is trying his best to get Tooves sacked.

I haven't seen a professional player do what foran is doing.

I bet Tooves would love to drop him but will probably be told by management he has to pick him.

Surely others in the team will be as pissed off at foran as we are?

If Blair gets picked again this week, then I'll start t have doubts over Tooves selections.
Fully agree! Tom turbo is his replacement. Needs to stay in the team

Why on earth would management tell Toovey to pick Foran and DCE? They obviously have no love for these two clowns and we are getting flogged every week with them in the team. I heard one idea that they won't let Toovey drop them because other player managers won't want their star players going to a club who does that. What is that? Picking players on form and attitude! What a joke that is.
Continuing to pick them is down to Tooves and he will be judged on that and I am sure he would expect just that.

Of course tooves is manly, his past as a player is an all time great, thing is he is employed as a coach , rugby league is now a business, more so at manly , a privately owned club,the manly that we all knew and loved is gone , its replaced by a business model devoid of loyalty and passion to the area and jumper, toovey future was doubtful and mentioned by management before a tackle had been made this season, now with poor results and poor performances its only a matter of time

Of course tooves is manly, his past as a player is an all time great, thing is he is employed as a coach , rugby league is now a business, more so at manly , a privately owned club,the manly that we all knew and loved is gone , its replaced by a business model devoid of loyalty and passion to the area and jumper, toovey future was doubtful and mentioned by management before a tackle had been made this season, now with poor results and poor performances its only a matter of time
Sure Manly is privately owned but by actual fans! No one invests in football teams to make money. Who's your favourite all time Manly coach Midget Bank Manager?

Toovey can save himself by picking a team based on form, effort and attitude.

He will need to make some hard decisions, and whether he does or not, will seal his fate as coach.

I suppose it depends if our owners still hold out hope of Foran changing his mind (which he won't).

I'd imagine it would develope into another circus if he did drop Foran but I would at least be telling him he is on his last warning to put in for his team mates.

The owners may not want Tooves upsetting Foran if they think they can get him to change his mind by round 13. they would be the only ones thinking this was a chance.

It will never happen....the way he's playing, Foran has gone already!

Everyone is banging on about 2V the club legend etc etc. OK great I agree.
But Tooves has polarised certain sections of the playing group, the media and the club administration. He aligned himself with Perry and co. And that was his death sentence. He has royally pissed off KF and Choc, maybe BS too.
How and why is a mystery, but it must be something significant. Thus the collapse in morale last year.
Whatever it is-it must be lopped off now one way or the other.
I detest Foran, but how can you have a star employee working half ass for 600K, and that be acceptable. He is destroying the joint inside out. DCE is different.
He left because he had a gutfull from being doubted relentlessly. Foran is just a ****ing sook-big difference.

We'd all applause Tooves for punting Foran but I wonder if he would be allowed to?

Seems our idiot owners and ceo like the unprofessional, disrespectful bastard and may tell him he has to pick him.

Littlejohn must wonder if he'll ever get a game.

Cherry at least has put in until tonight but I think a bit of that was due to playing injured.

Keep cherry but punt that ungrateful prick Foran!
Our owners have probably told 2v not to drop Foran until 1 July as they are probably still living in fantasy land thinking that he will reneg on his Parra contract pre 30 June.

Can understand people on both sides of the Tooves debate but this can't be sacked till we get someone better is fantasy.Interim coaches are the norm.A coach is sacked to make a statement that things need to change.It happens every year in every code.McFadden,Griffin for Henjak ,McGregor are all interim coaches who kep their job and there are many who didn't.i just hope they do it now because it will be lot uglier when we are 1 and 9.and that is exactly where we are heading.Tooves does not deserve an exit like that.
Susan, I usually agree with you but not on this one. Even if we are 1 from 9 I don't agree that sacking Tooves is the answer. The arseholes in the front office created this mess and now hang Tooves out to dry to fix it up. Give him a good team without the injuries and all the **** that has destroyed this season and last season and then judge him. Not even the GREAT Brad Arthur could manage this ...

I am calling bull****. Blaming only Tooves for the mess we are in is not right. The clowns in the office created this. Sack those ****s

Everyone is banging on about 2V the club legend etc etc. OK great I agree.
But Tooves has polarised certain sections of the playing group, the media and the club administration. He aligned himself with Perry and co. And that was his death sentence. He has royally pissed off KF and Choc, maybe BS too.
How and why is a mystery, but it must be something significant. Thus the collapse in morale last year.
Whatever it is-it must be lopped off now one way or the other.
I detest Foran, but how can you have a star employee working half ass for 600K, and that be acceptable. He is destroying the joint inside out. DCE is different.
He left because he had a gutfull from being doubted relentlessly. Foran is just a ****ing sook-big difference.
It's not that simple mate. Toovey didn't piss the players off, their ego got the better of them. I have never seen such a controlling, egotistical playing group in my time of watching league and they have no doubt inhereted those traits from hasler. They have no right to carry on as they are about retention they are being payed to play football. There is every chance Toovey has handled this better than other coaches would have. I think that if any other coach took over after hasler they would also be struggling right now as the problems of back ended contracts and player ego's would remain.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6