Time to review the team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
2008 was a great year and 3yrs on and we are paying for our success.
With increase to salary to most of the players and paying above the odds for some of these players which we should of stood our ground and let them go if it was going to cost us to much.

This season will be tough but will be in the right direction for the club.

Since 2010 there have been several players down on performance and the club had let go some great talent due to the salary cap, e.g JWH, tasi, etc.

We have not had any major signings prior to 08 and the only players we have been able to buy have been T-rex and bailey who we let go now, thank god for that.

We need to look at our squad and see where are our weaknesses and where what we need to do to be a grand final contender again. It could mean letting go of some of love ones go.e.g. Kite,Rose,Robertson.

There was no go forward last week so we need to start looking at our pack.

Look at the bulldogs and souths. Let go of some talent but brought it in some better talent.

GOOD LUCK BOYS AND ENJOY THE SEASON

Yes the Dogs are a tremendous model. Buy a new team every 2 years, have a good year then a shocker, then start again  ???

Souths, wow, I wish we could have as much success as them. (lol)

Good post. I'd hate to be the one who makes these decisions. This year will be good for us. There is a lot of young talent and the opportunity is there for some of them to stand up. Any one who doesn't have a crack this year will obviously be in danger of the cut. Does anyone have any idea who is off contract this year?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Yes the Dogs are a tremendous model. Buy a new team every 2 years, have a good year then a shocker, then start again  ???

Souths, wow, I wish we could have as much success as them. (lol)

Correct.

Its part and parcel of winning premiership. Brisbane won in 06 and are still going through a similar rebuilding phase. Tigers are only just getting back to being a force after winning in 05.  Melbourne were the exception but they were cheating. Dessie had a 5 year plan when he took over at manly and I reckon he would have a similar plan in place  for a shot at another premiership. This year is just part of a process. The young guys coming through now like Buhrer, Hoppa, Oldfield, Foran and DCE are the Matai's , Stewarts, ballins etc from 05-06. Des and crusher will decide which of them they think can be part of that plan and who they think can't. However there is a difference between now and then. It is that back then manly had a policy of buying 1 or 2 marquee players each year. Bell, ox, Kennedy, kite and Lyon. They haven't been doing that this time round. I guess that's because they didnt have to upgrade the contracts of premiership winning players back then like they did this time. Two or three years passes by very quickly in football, we just need to be patient enough to wait for our time again. It will come. And it will come sooner for manly than It will for some other more fancied teams because manly and dessie and crusher know what it takes to be successful. Teams like Souths and parra don't. People like to bag T Rex saying he isn't good enough to be part of a successful team. The truth Is he doesn't need to be good enough this year because this is not the year we will win it. He needs to be good enough when the time is right for manly to win it. Mark bryant was always an average player but when the time was right for manly he played out of his skin. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the players would know what Dessie's plan is. They knew back in 08 that the plan was for them to win it that year. They would have went into 08 in the frame of mind that they were ready to win a premiership. That would make a huge difference to their confidence. Dessie got them believing they were ready. Some will say why can't they just be in that frame of mind every year. It doesn't work like that. I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.

After 1 game its hard to know where we really stand - especially all the key factors of suspension , injury , reshuffling ect. The obvious thing we lack is 1-2 more fowards (quality) not just more average joes. The exciting thing we will see as the season rolls on is some new talent - mix that with the team that kicked St G & the Storm in the ass last year & its not all bad.

So half of us think Manly will finish as premiers and the other half think we'll finish last. I guess then 8th spot again hey?

I vote we put that Casey kid from the bully video in our front row in years to come, let him smash a few of the opposition guys in the same style

mickqld link said:
So half of us think Manly will finish as premiers and the other half think we'll finish last. I guess then 8th spot again hey?
Fact is based on last season we convincingly beat the premiers ST G (without Snake) & the Storm who were at thier best - obviously these credentials mixed with this new talent - DCE , Buhrer & Hopoate- WITHOUT injuries again we can compete with any side. An 8 spot is def a possability & from there - forget being tarnished with the Seaeagle glasses- at full strength will test anyone.

Bones link said:
Its part and parcel of winning premiership. Brisbane won in 06 and are still going through a similar rebuilding phase. Tigers are only just getting back to being a force after winning in 05.  Melbourne were the exception but they were cheating. Dessie had a 5 year plan when he took over at manly and I reckon he would have a similar plan in place  for a shot at another premiership. This year is just part of a process. The young guys coming through now like Buhrer, Hoppa, Oldfield, Foran and DCE are the Matai's , Stewarts, ballins etc from 05-06. Des and crusher will decide which of them they think can be part of that plan and who they think can't. However there is a difference between now and then. It is that back then manly had a policy of buying 1 or 2 marquee players each year. Bell, ox, Kennedy, kite and Lyon. They haven't been doing that this time round. I guess that's because they didnt have to upgrade the contracts of premiership winning players back then like they did this time. Two or three years passes by very quickly in football, we just need to be patient enough to wait for our time again. It will come. And it will come sooner for manly than It will for some other more fancied teams because manly and dessie and crusher know what it takes to be successful. Teams like Souths and parra don't. People like to bag T Rex saying he isn't good enough to be part of a successful team. The truth Is he doesn't need to be good enough this year because this is not the year we will win it. He needs to be good enough when the time is right for manly to win it. Mark bryant was always an average player but when the time was right for manly he played out of his skin. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the players would know what Dessie's plan is. They knew back in 08 that the plan was for them to win it that year. They would have went into 08 in the frame of mind that they were ready to win a premiership. That would make a huge difference to their confidence. Dessie got them believing they were ready. Some will say why can't they just be in that frame of mind every year. It doesn't work like that. I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.

It's part and parcel of winning a premiership. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.  :D

Dan link said:
I vote we put that Casey kid from the bully video in our front row in years to come, let him smash a few of the opposition guys in the same style

The little sh!t that he dropped would have been in a fair amount of pain. Talk about getting slammed to the pavement. It would be safe to say that the little idiot was probably egged on by his mates.

Bones link said:
Its part and parcel of winning premiership. Brisbane won in 06 and are still going through a similar rebuilding phase. Tigers are only just getting back to being a force after winning in 05.  Melbourne were the exception but they were cheating. Dessie had a 5 year plan when he took over at manly and I reckon he would have a similar plan in place  for a shot at another premiership. This year is just part of a process. The young guys coming through now like Buhrer, Hoppa, Oldfield, Foran and DCE are the Matai's , Stewarts, ballins etc from 05-06. Des and crusher will decide which of them they think can be part of that plan and who they think can't. However there is a difference between now and then. It is that back then manly had a policy of buying 1 or 2 marquee players each year. Bell, ox, Kennedy, kite and Lyon. They haven't been doing that this time round. I guess that's because they didnt have to upgrade the contracts of premiership winning players back then like they did this time. Two or three years passes by very quickly in football, we just need to be patient enough to wait for our time again. It will come. And it will come sooner for manly than It will for some other more fancied teams because manly and dessie and crusher know what it takes to be successful. Teams like Souths and parra don't. People like to bag T Rex saying he isn't good enough to be part of a successful team. The truth Is he doesn't need to be good enough this year because this is not the year we will win it. He needs to be good enough when the time is right for manly to win it. Mark bryant was always an average player but when the time was right for manly he played out of his skin. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the players would know what Dessie's plan is. They knew back in 08 that the plan was for them to win it that year. They would have went into 08 in the frame of mind that they were ready to win a premiership. That would make a huge difference to their confidence. Dessie got them believing they were ready. Some will say why can't they just be in that frame of mind every year. It doesn't work like that. I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.

Bones for a Gibberer that was excellent

Fonz link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186898.msg323922#msg323922 date=1300319239]
Its part and parcel of winning premiership. Brisbane won in 06 and are still going through a similar rebuilding phase. Tigers are only just getting back to being a force after winning in 05.  Melbourne were the exception but they were cheating. Dessie had a 5 year plan when he took over at manly and I reckon he would have a similar plan in place  for a shot at another premiership. This year is just part of a process. The young guys coming through now like Buhrer, Hoppa, Oldfield, Foran and DCE are the Matai's , Stewarts, ballins etc from 05-06. Des and crusher will decide which of them they think can be part of that plan and who they think can't. However there is a difference between now and then. It is that back then manly had a policy of buying 1 or 2 marquee players each year. Bell, ox, Kennedy, kite and Lyon. They haven't been doing that this time round. I guess that's because they didnt have to upgrade the contracts of premiership winning players back then like they did this time. Two or three years passes by very quickly in football, we just need to be patient enough to wait for our time again. It will come. And it will come sooner for manly than It will for some other more fancied teams because manly and dessie and crusher know what it takes to be successful. Teams like Souths and parra don't. People like to bag T Rex saying he isn't good enough to be part of a successful team. The truth Is he doesn't need to be good enough this year because this is not the year we will win it. He needs to be good enough when the time is right for manly to win it. Mark bryant was always an average player but when the time was right for manly he played out of his skin. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the players would know what Dessie's plan is. They knew back in 08 that the plan was for them to win it that year. They would have went into 08 in the frame of mind that they were ready to win a premiership. That would make a huge difference to their confidence. Dessie got them believing they were ready. Some will say why can't they just be in that frame of mind every year. It doesn't work like that. I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.

It's part and parcel of winning a premiership. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I know plenty won't agree but that's my take on it.  :D
[/quote]
He's right Bones you have to break it into paragraphs or some (like me) who are very relaxed or have poor eyesight/short concentration/half cut will miss out on your wisdom. And we can't afford that.

We only played one game , so its time to give the team time to jell with a new half back , Time for the snake to get back to his best , Time to give some of our young guns time  to show us what they are made of . Its not time to start to panic and review the team after one round. The two most powerful warriors are patience and time .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8