Tipping Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks champ I marked you down

Also Ssar, you can now see other peoples tips from the previous round by going to the ladder and clicking on their name

Dan

Cool, the silvertails tipping comp setup seems to be working well.

The bonus points aspect sure does add some flavour!
Variable games and 1 or 2 bonus games in some rounds is fun.

Come on Sea Eagles!

Thanks mate.

I am happy with the bonus rounds. I think the random aspect and choosing them for some of the more difficult to pick games adds an X factor to the comp which sees the whole thing regularly shifting leaders etc.

Next year I am thinking about adding a "Double or nothing" option where if you pick 3 or less in a round (only for 8 game rounds) you can pick double or nothing for the next round, where you select the same amount of games that you got in the previous round, so if you picked 3, you can pick 3 games in the next round to be double or nothing. If you get all 3 you get double points, if you dont get those games right, you dont get the points and lose the points from the previous round.

Its a big gamble to take the option but could be really interesting. Though this year is proving easy to understand and running well so I may just leave it as is

Dan link said:
Thanks champ I marked you down

Also Ssar, you can now see other peoples tips from the previous round by going to the ladder and clicking on their name

Dan

Cool, just discovered this function after reading this thread. However in checking my tips from previous rounds I noticed I didn't get the full 4 points for correctly tipping the bonus game in Round 3, only marked me down for 2. Maybe if you get time you can check it.

all fixed mate

Can everyone check theirs?

not whilst you're sitting on top you don't!!!!

Yeh maybe a little selfish of me, but as we all know Premierships (and tipping comps) aren't won in April.

Chip & Chase link said:
Yeh maybe a little selfish of me, but as we all know Premierships (and tipping comps) aren't won in April.

They can be lost though

For a while today, The silvertails website is giving the following error:

"Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL"

If the website is down / unavailable for a significant amount of time, if I/we email our footy tips to you at this email address: (admin AT silvertails.net) (prior to 1st game kickoff), will you enter them for us when the time comes and they will be vaild etc?

(Thankfully now this site is accessible)

It will be difficult for me to update but I can if you are unable to enter the games. The site should be up now for the rest of the day.

I will be transferring to a new host in the coming days to give better stability but if I were you I would put your tips in ASAP just in case

Only the draw ruined my otherwise perfect round of tipping this week (round 7).

Haven't tipped a perfect round for over 2.5 years :p

Gonna notch one up soon!

FFS ssar we might have to put a restriction on you, keep your current form up and you should take the comp out, you are extending the lead by about 2 - 4 points a week

Bwahaha!

Well, last year in the various tipping comps I was in (not this one), I was in the top several places for much of the season.
But come the last several rounds it seemed that my horse had done it's dash and eased back to a canter, leaving me several positions below the top 3 in most of them.

Early days yet this year tho!

Also, perhaps not possible this season, but a suggesstion for next time/if possible:

List the games in chronological order for each round, or the same order as SportsTAB has them.

Footy!

we get them based on the foxsports site and they come in basically whatever order they have them in. I can re-order them easily though

Yea, last week (round 13) was a shocker for me - only 3 from 7.. Damn Dragons & Tigers both let me down \:p

This week round 14 is going well so far tho, 2 from 2 in both Fri night games and all SportsTAB bets are still live.

In fact, seeing the Broncos get flogged 2 weeks in a row AND the Knights get beaten to NIL makes for a real, real satisfying night of footy.

Footy!

I have had a shocking few weeks. I have sort of stopped trying whilst work has been busy, going to make a late run though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4