Tipping competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JEF

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Last week I tried to put my tips on one hour before the Thursday game at 7pm. The graphic said 6.30 was the cut off. I am not sure that has been the case in the past. It also said I couldn't put in tips for any games over that weekend. I had missed out on all games.That was never the case in the past as well.

I am now trying to put in my tips at 6.15 and it says I have no access. I have paid to be a Premium Member.

Can someone explain? Ok maybe I'm not too computer literate but I have never had a problem in the past years.

Help anybody?

Maybe something is not right for you @JEF. I've just tried now and I can enter my tips for Rnd 3.

You may have paid your premium membership but did you also register for the tipping comp?

You need to first click on "Tipping Competition" at the top of this page. Then on the new screen that opens up, click on "CLICK HERE TO ENTER/EDIT YOU TIPS".

Did you try this?

You need to first click on "Tipping Competition" at the top of this page. Then on the new screen that opens up, click on "CLICK HERE TO ENTER/EDIT YOU TIPS".

Did you try this?

Yup. Gave my tips round one ok so registered. . Followed same procedure. Says I can't access.

Frustrating.... Dan help!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have the 2017 tipping competitor below your name @JEF ...are you sure you registered in the footy tipping?

You don't have the 2017 add thingy next to your name @JEF ...are you sure you registered in the footy tipping?
Good point. Maybe @JEF signed up for premium membership by mistake and not for the tipping comp but then how could you enter your tips for round 1 & 2?

My tips went in for round 1. So I figured I was registered for tipping. Also paying for Premium.
Maybe I got it wrong. I thought Premium gave me Tipping Comp automatically. Odd that my tips are registered for Round 1 though. Think I paid around thirty bucks for Premium. Did I have to pay another 25 for tipping? No big deal but that wasn't made clear. But maybe I'm stupid.

Still weird my Round 1 tips are registered. Sorry folks to take up your time. More important things I realise. Just disappointing to miss out on tipping. Always have loved it. Mind you my tips are usually pathetic.

Thought Dan or an Administrator might have an insight.

By the way I don't post a lot but am an avid reader.

Maybe I got it wrong. I thought Premium gave me Tipping Comp automatically. Odd that my tips are registered for Round 1 though. Think I paid around thirty bucks for Premium. Did I have to pay another 25 for tipping? No big deal but that wasn't made clear. But maybe I'm stupid.

Still weird my Round 1 tips are registered. Sorry folks to take up your time. More important things I realise. Just disappointing to miss out on tipping. Always have loved it. Mind you my tips are usually pathetic.

Hi @JEF, yes tipping comp registration (and fee of $25) is totally different to premium membership. You need to register for the tipping comp, pay $25 and then you're in.

The process to join the competition is to first purchase the upgrade to your account by going to
https://silvertails.net/account/upgrades
and Purchase
- 2017 Tipping Competition Entry

Once purchased you can go to
- https://silvertails.net/pickem/pools
and click "Join Competition" next to the 2017 Jan Davis Tipping competition.
]

So many questions...
What happened round two?
Did you get a perfect round so you were blocked so as not to win?
Wil you have to pay again?

Hi Guys

There was an issue where some people were able to add tips for week 1 without paying...my guess is that is what happened here

@JEF as @lsz has said, in Round 1 there was a glitch that allowed some users to enter their tips without having paid up as tipping comp members. I did send a PM to all those concerned in Week 1 alerting them to that fact - click on the little envelope icon in the top banner near your name and you can access your PM's (private messages or conversations).

The tipping comp entry is separate to premium membership so you need to pay for that upgrade ($25) as well should you wish to enter. It's not too late if you are still keen, but unfortunately we can't do anything about the games that have already closed. Your tips for Round 1 have registered (3 right) but no tips for Round 2 registered. If you get in straight away you can tip the rest of this round and they will count.....and you'll still be ahead of @lsz

Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, read less and post more.

We can swap your membership to the tipping comp and refund the $5 difference then give you the minimum correct tips for round 2 and this round if you like?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8