Post-Game Discussion Titans v Manly [Round 22, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Cbus Super Stadium
14 Aug 2022 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Titans: 44
Manly: 24

299288054_10159929327935993_8736111560776740965_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be right. Just have to get the mediator back to negotiate the time, place, and agreed lists of acceptable clothing options and topics of conversation for another "honesty session". And once the mediator mediates that, everything will be sweet.

I will honestly be surprised if we win another game this year.

We'll be right. Just have to get the mediator back to negotiate the time, place, and agreed lists of acceptable clothing options and topics of conversation for another "honesty session". And once the mediator mediates that, everything will be sweet.

I will honestly be surprised if we win another game this year.
We won’t, not a hope in hell!!

We’ll finish with 7 straight losses.

The fracture is very real. There were 17 individuals playing today, not a team. The effort was terrible. 5 minutes into the game and no kick pressure to speak of.

This team is struggling due to psychology as much as personnel right now.
Yep
and has been since AFB flew the coop and Marty seemingly resigned to try and ignore the drum beat
Some our players at different ends of the town and it was thought that footy would be a middle ground that would help over come separation

The three year fainu disaster exacerbated the issue until it became chronic

I think Des thought he could manage it but could not

There needs to be significant change in our team dynamics and hoping for some announcements soon to call out individuals who put themselves before the success of the team or club

I can’t recall being so disappointed and actually angry at a performance where we didn’t seem to want to be there for each other

To the ones who don’t want to put the club first

Leave now you weak gutted dogs

I guess here is as good a place to ask this as anywhere.....

Was this game our worst performance of the season or is that still the domain of the Magic Round loss to Brisbane??

Funny ... two sides we absolutely hammered in 2021 have been arguably the two games of 2022 where we've put in our worst performances.

I’m really upset with the performance today and upset that our season was derailed by a group of guys who clearly aren’t competitors and don’t care about our jumper.
But…
The club existed long before today and will exist long into the future so I’m not gonna throw the towel in…everything is transient and so is the situation we find ourselves in now. I’m still proud to be a Manly fan!

We just dont have a competitive enough playing squad. That’s the reality. Also we dont have a particularly likeable team anymore, which sucks from a fan’s perspective

Hopefully a mini-cleanout this year. It’s not far from being good. Always had some laissez-faire players in recent seasons but a few new ones have emerged in 2022. We are good when things are good, bad when not. Definitely a little uninvested now compared to last year, hopefully we have a successful recruitment drive and clear some deadwood.

Maybe we could get some players that want to play for us and won’t faction off, too
Exactly, there is no conspiracy or player discontent, just a team of sub first grade ability.

The fracture is very real. There were 17 individuals playing today, not a team. The effort was terrible. 5 minutes into the game and no kick pressure to speak of.

This team is struggling due to psychology as much as personnel right now.
How does the fracture get resolved?!

One of the worst defensive seasons I've seen. They are physically and mentally not where they should be give the roster we have. There are 2-3 players playing with passion the rest are passengers including our hot and cold inconsistent captian DCE who is like Gagai only good for origin.
Not all of DCE's Origin performances have been as great as made out, but sometimes doing less is more.

DCE would be fine. He gets paid by short-cut glory plays and early tackle 40/20 attempts. That's why he's on millions.
Interestingly Nightly Cranberry-Evans ‘fessed up re: his own poor performance, when asked.

Maybe some of the SEQ journos need to attend every Manly game, to hold a mirror up for him when he plays like that. The Sydney crowd seem to be too diplomatic to ask those questions.

I’m really upset with the performance today and upset that our season was derailed by a group of guys who clearly aren’t competitors and don’t care about our jumper.
But…
The club existed long before today and will exist long into the future so I’m not gonna throw the towel in…everything is transient and so is the situation we find ourselves in now. I’m still proud to be a Manly fan!

I like some of this post and although the 7 boycotters have had an impact, we looked off the pace all season. Our fitness is nowhere near where it needs to be, our structure is antiquated, pedestrian and predictable. Our mental strength and intestinal fortitude is way below par and our defence lacks any resolve. our captain is mostly a fairly ordinary player, our coach seems bereft and loath to change and or owners don’t care enough to appoint a ceo and heirachy that may stop the marketing department from making horrible calls on things that shouldn’t be in there control

Just a horrible season

But…
The season was almost gone before the "derailment" issue anyway and i believe the team would of exhausted themselves out of contention anyway.

The close losses, soft mentality and fade outs are bigger issues to address and were evident throughout the season, the Rainbow excuse is more a convenient icing on the cake that nailed the coffin.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8