Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Not sure why you want to know, but you must have a bad memory because it was only 8 games ago Round 23 last year.
Woods was criticised for not scoring a try...
My point was that Jurbo is hardly a prolific tryscorer either but that doesn't preclude him from being in the team...
You just have to pick the best from what's available (which is quite a lot if you are the Rorters!)

Woods was criticised for not scoring a try...
My point was that Jurbo is hardly a prolific tryscorer either but that doesn't preclude him from being in the team...
You just have to pick the best from what's available (which is quite a lot if you are the Rorters!)
Jake can play as a link man which often allows us to create an overlap… good luck getting Sharon to act as a ball distributor… although he has a better offload than Jake I suppose…

It's a stronger side than the one that ran out last week so that gives me hope, I just wish we had one more prop available.
We’d be wise , with the Schuster money , to look for another one in 2025.

As I said just before kick off , our backs have plenty of depth , and as we are now seeing our forwards don’t.

We’d be wise , with the Schuster money , to look for another one in 2025.

As I said just before kick off , our backs have plenty of depth , and as we are now seeing our forwards don’t.
A forward with some serious leg speed would be just the ticket! Even if they were a little lighter and mobile, but fast.

I also think we should chase De Silva from Tigers to be our long term 9. He has a big future but Api will not be retiring anytime soon.

A forward with some serious leg speed would be just the ticket! Even if they were a little lighter and mobile, but fast.

I also think we should chase De Silva from Tigers to be our long term 9. He has a big future but Api will not be retiring anytime soon.
I don’t think we need another big lumbering prop , but it’s clear from the selection of Woods that the football department don’t have much faith in James , Matterson, I don’t believe Sykes can be chosen until after round 11.

So as you can see we are pretty short if we get a couple of injuries ( which we have ).

More depth is needed if we are going to be a contender.

Great to see Lodge back hope it all goes well a few short stints maybe the go for him for first game back
Woods hmm well Seibs sees something in him that benefits the team
Need to stay focused against the titans Sure Des will have something up his sleeve for this game

Would love to see GCKT slot in for Croker even if he isnt injured. He adds way more around the ruck. Croker is a bit one dimensional.

I can't see Parker making 1st grade unless we have a stack of injuries, I watched the game last week and he certainly wasn't any better than the rest of the pack, made a few straight runs, never looked like breaking the line and got taken high as usual, he didn't go looking for work and may as well had No 3 or 4 on his back

Agreed. That's why I suggested the coach is probably holding him back because he's adapting to a totally different role. Its a position we have not seen him play and I suspect for him it takes a lot of adjustment in positioning, involvement etc. He's only had a few games in the back row. Needs a little time to find his niche there. I think he's got the skill base and body size. Just needs time and experience. Later in the year I think we'll know if he's destined for a new first grade role, perhaps superior to his centre effectiveness, Hope so. Gosh he's only 27 and entering what should be his peak years in the game. Patience.

Don't know where Sykes is heading. I always think he has something to offer. He does bring some energy into the game. Last week was originally selected in Massey Cup for Mounties before being included in Blacktown. I still feel he has something to offer. Same with Dias however I haven't been promoted from the lounge to the coaches box,....yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8