To my labor voting friends

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't believe in today's society how few people are in unions.

Where I work about 50%, but when something hits the fans for those not in they join.

Unions are what made this county and america great. Pity they have lost their power and leadership.

I for one would never not be in the union but plenty I speak to are too scared to even join.

By the way I am not anti Unions in the original guise they were formed under....I am all for worker safety, holidays, long service leaves etc etc and even to a lesser extent collective bargaining but you must admit Unions are NOT what they used to be!!

I am firmly against scams / rip offs / money being sent straight to Labor (without even a vote from members to authorise)....which seems to be the way Unions operate these days. The Craig Thompson debacle is a perfect example.

Put simply Labor has "lost the plot"...and if you think they haven't then ask yourself why in NSW and QLD they are now barely a force!!

Juliar and the federal crew are next!!

In the private sector If your a good business person you're staff don't require a union.
Smart business people provide a great working environment and culture for their staff and pay them what their worth. It limits staff turnover and ensures a profitable productive business.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Don't know if this is true but I was told that all of the "Industry Super Funds" (who suggest they are "free free") actually make a motza...and are apparently owned by the Unions (Keating set this up this way)...the profits go to the Unions, the Unions donate the money to Labor.

IF that is true then it's nothing but a con (what you see on TV).

Haha - not true Mark. I hear the claims of well-read open minds but this thread does not give me any confidence.

Industry Super Funds are NON-PROFIT and have charters designed only for their members' benefits and are governed by Trustees.

As for some of the other stuff posted in here I'm not even going to have a nibble. They put blinkers on work horses for a reason. Giddy-up!

I did say "don't know if it's true have just heard".

I must say the person I heard this from was from the Super Industry, so maybe there is some truth to it??

If we found out that the Uions did own these schemes then they would not be owning them if there wasn't a buck in in.

But in saying that I'd probably agree with you MB

Quick reply Mark. The retail super industry and financial planning crowd are just bandits. I reckon you would get good advice from 2% if you are lucky.

2 - 4% commissions and life-time trailing commissions are standard. The big companies like AMP and banks live in giant glass towers built on these rip-offs. Industry super funds generally have fees between .2 and .7% depending on how much work they have to do.

ManlyBacker said:
Quick reply Mark. The retail super industry and financial planning crowd are just bandits. I reckon you would get good advice from 2% if you are lucky.

2 - 4% commissions and life-time trailing commissions are standard. The big companies like AMP and banks live in giant glass towers built on these rip-offs. Industry super funds generally have fees between .2 and .7% depending on how much work they have to do.

I'm with MTAA and fairly comfortable with them, even though I won't be back in the trade i'm planning to stick with them as they are ISF

It is exceptional sad how the refugee problems have been simplified to "boat people"

Cam there is far more to it than howard stopping boats and gillard letting them in. A number of factors contribute (world economic situation, political stability to name a few)

But why treat an issue in a human way, lets treat it like a wedge issue to gain as much political capital as possible

Brookie4eva said:
Mals said:
Unless you are in Abbott's electorate you won't be going to the ballot box & voting for the current leader of the Libs.

I am in his seat :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whoops!! haha. Of course when Abbott gets in he will give millions to the Brookvale Oval upgrade... maybe... we hope...

lsz said:
It is exceptional sad how the refugee problems have been simplified to "boat people"

Cam there is far more to it than howard stopping boats and gillard letting them in. A number of factors contribute (world economic situation, political stability to name a few)

But why treat an issue in a human way, lets treat it like a wedge issue to gain as much political capital as possible

Hang on mr bleeding heart
Australia accepts over 13000 legitment refugees each year.

These que jumpers are not refugees!!!! How many times do you do gooding bleeding heart lefties need it spelled out to you.

Australia should always open it's doors to legitment refugees but these people who wish to jump the que and enter our country ILLEGALLY should never be granted access. They burn their passports what do they have to hided.

They are Econmical immagrants nothing more.

ManlyBacker said:
Oh dear Cam, please try using a spell checker. Fro has passed out.

Go get him a glass of water and a bex so he can have a good lie down :)

clontaago said:
Mr Hockey’s methodology had me thinking about Government debt.

I turned to my favourite budget document, Statement 10, and looked at the history of net government debt over the past 20 years or so.

Using the same methodology that Mr Hockey used for interest rates and applying that to Government debt, this is what I found.

Average Net Govt Debt

(% of GDP)
Howard 1996-97 to 2007-08 5.2%

Rudd/Gillard 2008-09 to 2011-12 4.4%

As is obvious, the average level of net Government debt under the Howard Government was 5.2% of GDP; under the Rudd and Gillard Governments it’s been 4.4%.

http://www.marketeconomics.com.au/2032-mr-hockeys-methodology-applied-to-government-debt

Labor's figures look good don't they - because they inherited a HUGE SURPLUS and NO GOVERNMENT DEBT. Howard on the other hand inherited a MASSIVE GOVERNMENT DEBT.

If you want to measure a government on net government debt, the only way you can do it is by measuring the change in net government debt during their term of office.

Next debt was 18.1% of GDP just before Howard came in in 1996. When Howard left office net government debt was -3.8% of GDP. Net government debt has continously risen under Rudd and Gillard and is estimated to peak at 9.6% of GDP (assuming Labor can actually achieve a surplus as they keep telling us they can).

Whether it is fair to measure a government's economic credibility on net government debt at all is another question given that the Howard and Rudd/Gillard governments have been operating in substantially different global economic conditions.

However the figures you have quoted above do not do anything to demonstrate Labor's economic credentials and the way they are expressed is simply misleading.

Cam have a read of this

http://www.boat-people.org/?page_id=148

Or this

http://www.erc.org.au/

Fact is there is a much larger issue with over stay visa's etc...however they do not appear to be a political issue...

They were when Howard was pm and obviously once people see the alternative they want them back.

Today's news polls show Labor are totally flapped.
http://resources.news.com.au/files/2012/07/10/1226422/145041-120710-aus-na-file-newspoll.pdf
Now they suddenly want a divorce from the Greens.

I'm with Cambo on the asylum seeker issue. Many boat arrivals are full of economic refugees and a distinction needs to be made and accepted by the left leaning crowd.

As far as the ironed on Labor supporters go, enjoy your last twelve months or so of relevance before those you elected to run the country are put into hibernation for the next decade.
Gillard gone, Swan gone, Bradfield gone, Albanesse gone, Maklin gone, Emerson gone and the list goes on and on. Let's not forget that at least four Independents that Labor relies on to cling to power will also lose their seat and become totally unemployable - Oakshott, Windsor, Wilkie and Thomson all gone.

Labors alliance with the loony Greens has cost us all by way of the introduction of a wealth distribution scheme AKA The Carbon Tax and the asylum seeker impasse that is ultimately resulting in deaths at sea and Labor must be held to full account. They are in Govt, not the coalition.
Gillard knifed Rudd because "Labor had lost it's way". She cited boat arrivals as an issue that needed urgent addressing. Another shambles and another complete Labor fail under this inept Govt and it's leader.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6