To Rebuild or not to Rebuild

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rebuild or not to Rebuild

• Total voters
Of course option 2 seems the most sensible, but easier said then done. If I was in charge of retention and with a 3 year window in mind (based on an "average" contract period) then my prioritisation of players would be

* Key players - top shelf, must keeps, can build a team around if we keep these together we can build a pretty solid side

DCE, Killer, Gift, T-Rex, Choc, Buhrer

* Do your best to keep without spending stupid money - they deserve good coin and are quality players who will demand overs as they are above average in their position but not necessarily "must keeps" at any price. Probably expect that you'll only keep 2 out of the 3 at best.

Matai, Foran, Snake (only because of concern over long term fitness)

* Solid "market value" experienced players who should be able to be kept

Ballin, King, Wolfman, Mauro

* Fringe guys who look worthwhile upgrading

Whare and Tafua, depending which outside premium outside backs are able to be kept.

* Let go to free up cash

Kite, Joe G,

* Take it or leave it depending on who goes and who stays. Happy to keep if right price.

Oldfield, Rose, Harrison, Robertson, Lussick, Skinner

I don't know enough about the younger guys to make an informed judgement, but I'm sure there might be a few "sleepers" there that would relish an opportunity. Would obviously need to pick up some young props if we don't have any in the wings and then just pad the squad of 25 with some cheap younger guys. There are also nearly always experienced, solid forwards on the market who you can pick up at unders as they get squeezed out by salary caps from long term clubs.

One thing I think we could do with is a bit of spark at dummy half so a skilful young hooker would be good.

Anyway it's not an easy job and trying to juggle all the permutations must be a nightmare.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4