Toafofoa Sipley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't want a hooker that needs resting and the amount of times in a season you will NEED a utility to replace a playmaker are very few. It's a waste for MOST games. I want guys like Sipley, Tanga, Jetski and Paseka on the bench to spell the hard working pack so they can come back on and work hard again.
The team that overpowers the opposition pack almost always wins. Bench utilities don't win games...dominant, overpowering forwards do.

Today's game is very fast and it's tough for big guys to keep it up.

I want the opposing forwards to be buggered because they are being overpowered and THEIR bench has a utility taking up valuable space.

I want my hard workers regenerating on the bench, NOT resting on the field missing tackles and creating holes for the opposition.

We have enough cover through the 13 for the rare occasion we NEED a utility.
Give me a 4 BIG hard-running, hard-defending tough guys please, we'll sort something out if we need to reshuffle through injury.

I don't want a hooker that needs resting and the amount of times in a season you will NEED a utility to replace a playmaker are very few. It's a waste for MOST games. I want guys like Sipley, Tanga, Jetski and Paseka on the bench to spell the hard working pack so they can come back on and work hard again.
The team that overpowers the opposition pack almost always wins. Bench utilities don't win games...dominant, overpowering forwards do.

Today's game is very fast and it's tough for big guys to keep it up.

I want the opposing forwards to be buggered because they are being overpowered and THEIR bench has a utility taking up valuable space.

I want my hard workers regenerating on the bench, NOT resting on the field missing tackles and creating holes for the opposition.

We have enough cover through the 13 for the rare occasion we NEED a utility.
Give me a 4 BIG hard-running, hard-defending tough guys please, we'll sort something out if we need to reshuffle through injury.
I agree. How many times was Brown left on the bench for almost the entire game last season? A big powerful young forward is a much better option. Even more so when considering the existing cover that we could use in a pinch if an injury did occur.

Have not seen this guy but if you have a good eye for details he sound like he is another who will be knocking at the NRL squad door
he is a goer, i like him. And has good ball skills, can get an off load away and even pass before the line. An X factor type player we need off the bench.

Over the past couple of seasons, most coaches have moved away from the notion of impact players on the bench .... whilst they still look for a lift in energy from replacements ... the main thing they look for now is a maintaining of the structures, both in attack and defence.

The key today is to have no reduction of standard when your #1 and #2 go off.

Unless you have a rare "beast" the days of a big booper having 2 big runs, pleasing the crowd, then missing 4 tackles and shuffling off are past.
It will be interesting to see how the Storm go this year having Kasiano and Asofa-Solomona coming off their bench.

It will be interesting to see how the Storm go this year having Kasiano and Asofa-Solomona coming off their bench.

That assumes Kasiano will be on the bench, but given the fitness work he has been doing I think they are hoping for long minutes. Also Kasiano and some other players like Fui Fui have an impact whether they start or whenever they play.

My comments don't preclude a bench player having impact ... it is simply that the use of players whose soul contribution is 5 minutes of mayhem is dropping.

But, if you have that rare wrecking ball ... use it.

That assumes Kasiano will be on the bench, but given the fitness work he has been doing I think they are hoping for long minutes. Also Kasiano and some other players like Fui Fui have an impact whether they start or whenever they play.

My comments don't preclude a bench player having impact ... it is simply that the use of players whose soul contribution is 5 minutes of mayhem is dropping.

But, if you have that rare wrecking ball ... use it.
Pretty sure Bromwich and Glasby will start,not sure about long minutes or just more effective with stamina and not being a liability in defense.Pretty much all sides play their starting props for 20-25 minutes and have the rotation guys finishing off the half and then starting the first 10-15 of second before rotating out and if interchange permits bringing one or 2 back on for the last 10 minutes.The days of big boppers being on for shorter periods can still be effective if you want to take the risk of having 4 running forwards on the bench,but 5 minute players have been gone since the days of unlimited interchange(unless you were just exaggerating to make a point?)

,but 5 minute players have been gone since the days of unlimited interchange(unless you were just exaggerating to make a point?)

I was ... but Brad Arthur may be bringing them back with Jarrod Hayne and T=Rex

My point was that we have generally moved on from the player chosen on the bench solely for "impact" ... however genetics will throw up the odd few exceptions.

Case in point AFB, was expected to play a FG quality game in both attack and defence ... not just cause havoc.

I was ... but Brad Arthur may be bringing them back with Jarrod Hayne and T=Rex

My point was that we have generally moved on from the player chosen on the bench solely for "impact" ... however genetics will throw up the odd few exceptions.

Case in point AFB, was expected to play a FG quality game in both attack and defence ... not just cause havoc.
Yeah I hope he progresses further than just a bench player,would love to see him become a starter rather than just a good bench player,hopefully this is the year....

Did you see that picture of Asofa and AFB in the NZ jerseys?

Poor AFB seemed like a skinny dwarf. I'd give Bozo the Clowns right testicle to get Asofa!!!!

Sipley doesn't have great leg speed...he will need to bring his A game to feature regularly in our top squad.
Sorry Snake,I know you have some good gossip in regards to signings etc.... but Sipley has great leg speed,maybe not Usain Bolt but he stacks up well with props.He will probably start in ISP and have to earn his spot,but if there was an "are you smoking crack"button I would have to hit it...

Did you see that picture of Asofa and AFB in the NZ jerseys?

Poor AFB seemed like a skinny dwarf. I'd give Bozo the Clowns right testicle to get Asofa!!!!
Just cause he's bigger, doesn't mean he's better

I'd take AFB over Asofa anyday

Just cause he's bigger, doesn't mean he's better

I'd take AFB over Asofa anyday

Sorry, just no Harry. I normally agree with your posts but go look at the picture of them together (damn my lack of internet skills). Asofa is the real deal at 6"6 and he plays with heart.

AFB has heart, but not his size.

Would love them both tbh, but if a choice had to be made... Asofa > AFB.

I just watched the vid. Enjoyed it.

Not only a quiet well spoken guy but humble too. It was good to hear him speak about what he has to do, etc. Sometimes the fringe players can give the best insights.

I was just looking at the team profile pages over on the club website, and they have updated some stats since the start of the off-season.

It seems mr Sipley is indeed bigger than what the Warriors had him down at. LOTS bigger... he was previously listed at 185cm and 107kg. About Jake's size.

Seems he's grown to 190cm and 120kg since he started with us! I always thought players grew a bit when they pulled on the great maroon and white jersey...

So that puts him at marginally bigger and heavier than AFB, who is an absolute tank. Plus he was getting raps for his heavy lifting in the gym, earlier on in the season (Manly Daily pics about 6 weeks ago). Plus he comes across as a nice guy, who runs damn hard and may or may not (I'm choosing to go with @smokinjoe on this one) have great leg speed. All in all...I'm liking what I see!

Very scary and intimidating bench. With the storm losing a few rep players they also have plugged the holes pretty quick. This storm side will be very hard to beat once again. What a system!

Very scary and intimidating bench. With the storm losing a few rep players they also have plugged the holes pretty quick. This storm side will be very hard to beat once again. What a system!
Not wishing injury on anyone but seriously, the law of averages says Cam Smith is due for an injury layoff, bigtime.
Storm will have a very strong year if he stays fit, but if not, they could slip bigtime considering Cronk has already gone.

Not wishing injury on anyone but seriously, the law of averages says Cam Smith is due for an injury layoff, bigtime.
Storm will have a very strong year if he stays fit, but if not, they could slip bigtime considering Cronk has already gone.

If Smith gets injured, Greenburg would probably put the whole comp 'on hold' for some reason and reinstate it when (coincidentally) Smith is all healed.

The nrl would also mandate the acquisitions of all gate takings of all games to be handed over to Smith as a post injury assistance package.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10