Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Shoe1

Journey Man
One would expect that they will give us dispensation on naming the top 29 until such time the salary cap issue is resolved. Or we name a provisional 29th man based on current situation and then swap him for Carney once he is approved.
Greenberg: we have considered manly’s response and concede that manly is innocent of the charges. HOWEVER manly only has 28 players registered so we impose a fine of 1 MILLION DOLLARS.

To be fair to Baz when he signed him our roster was all over the place . So many changes to personnel. Brown was a necessary evil in the short term for a no frills no more gap solution. Now it seems that he has outlived his value and is leaving skid marks everywhere...

The length of the signing was what got me the most and i think a current sticking point. I'm happy to have a bit of a chuckle at the guy, but I will admit 90% of it is because the way he has been used - due to both not standing out and owning a position and other pickups placed ahead of him and to be honest if I was him I'd probably be a little bit filthy, but they say you make your own opportunities and for whatever reasons he hasn't really stamped a case. He is / was a decent player that has a fair bit to offer to the right club, but the way he has been used has dropped any value he may have had, too risky to pick him up while under contract at that value, and too much to pay someone to play for someone else, so a bit stuck. Not getting much gametime makes finding any form hard, and match fitness fades, younger guys come along.. and not surprisingly when he does get time, he'd be trying too hard - hence the token instant penalty or error. The role he was given, just didn't work and surely can't be carried into this season with our current roster. I think he has a real uphill battle to get out of Blacktown. So a plane to the UK might help that. Maybe a swap deal for a young bloke on min wage to help fill our squad.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The length of the signing was what got me the most and i think a current sticking point. I'm happy to have a bit of a chuckle at the guy, but I will admit 90% of it is because the way he has been used - due to both not standing out and owning a position and other pickups placed ahead of him and to be honest if I was him I'd probably be a little bit filthy, but they say you make your own opportunities and for whatever reasons he hasn't really stamped a case. He is / was a decent player that has a fair bit to offer to the right club, but the way he has been used has dropped any value he may have had, too risky to pick him up while under contract at that value, and too much to pay someone to play for someone else, so a bit stuck. Not getting much gametime makes finding any form hard, and match fitness fades, younger guys come along.. and not surprisingly when he does get time, he'd be trying too hard - hence the token instant penalty or error. The role he was given, just didn't work and surely can't be carried into this season with our current roster. I think he has a real uphill battle to get out of Blacktown. So a plane to the UK might help that. Maybe a swap deal for a young bloke on min wage to help fill our squad.
The role we gave him seems to be the type of roll he always gets.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If we end up with Carney then the NRL have done us a favour. I'd have had him over Pearce or Hodkinson. Pearce is an expensive pretender and Hodkinson is too injury prone to be a starting half.
For the price tag, Carney is streets ahead of Hodgkinson. Pearce is more of an unknown, he may have absolutely carved up alongside DCE with a point to prove, but we’ll never know. The bald headed steaming turd who oversees the ruining of our great game made sure he put the brakes on that.

manly al

First Grader
Toddy could send up an N R L chauffeured Limo to bring Carney down to the Northern Beaches and Manly to gain some redemption for some of his past and present sins against Manly .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16