Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind snaring him given the malaise we are in. However, the chances of the NRL approving a contract before 30 June will be along the hell freezing over line. Irreparable damage will be done by then.

I wouldn't mind snaring him given the malaise we are in. However, the chances of the NRL approving a contract before 30 June will be along the hell freezing over line. Irreparable damage will be done by then.

We just need to play like busteds, maybe even create some sort of off field drama, so Todd thinks we’re already ****ed and drops his guard...

I think that the NRL would be ****ting themselves that the Penns are going to walk. They’ll approve Carney as we are imploding. Todd needs 16 teams & the NRL don’t have any coin to keep Manly afloat if the Penns walk.

No they didn't. They reject our application for Suli to play on his Dev contract. He needs to be upgraded to the 30.

Just to reply in the same tone you used...yes they did!
He only needs to be upgraded because of a contract agreement between him and us.

Moses Suli provides Manly with new salary cap headache

By Adrian Proszenko & Christian Nicolussi. Sydney Morning Herald

The Sea Eagles asked for, and were granted, an exemption to name Suli for the Roosters encounter due to the club’s injury crisis.
Under the new contracting rules players outside the top-30 squad can only be considered in exceptional circumstances, a situation that applies to the 19-year-old. At the moment his contract status is as a development player, but the NRL approved the move because there were no fit top-30 contracted players capable of filling in at centre.

Suli's management, however, has an agreement that he be elevated into the top 30 - with a wage befitting that status - before he makes his debut for the club.

There were a series of frantic calls between Manly and Suli’s manager on Tuesday after the teenager was named on Manly’s team list, but no deal had been struck. Unless a suitable upgrade is forthcoming Suli will be pulled from the round-nine match.

It has been reported THIS WAY by some of the other "more legit" sources as well, maybe not by the hack you may have read it by. There is so much crap written about us that we need to be VERY careful what we believe...me included.

No offence intended, I always enjoy your posts .

Last edited:
Just to reply in the same tone you used...yes they did!
He only needs to be upgraded because of a contract agreement between him and us.

Moses Suli provides Manly with new salary cap headache

By Adrian Proszenko & Christian Nicolussi. Sydney Morning Herald

The Sea Eagles asked for, and were granted, an exemption to name Suli for the Roosters encounter due to the club’s injury crisis.
Under the new contracting rules players outside the top-30 squad can only be considered in exceptional circumstances, a situation that applies to the 19-year-old. At the moment his contract status is as a development player, but the NRL approved the move because there were no fit top-30 contracted players capable of filling in at centre.

Suli's management, however, has an agreement that he be elevated into the top 30 - with a wage befitting that status - before he makes his debut for the club.

There were a series of frantic calls between Manly and Suli’s manager on Tuesday after the teenager was named on Manly’s team list, but no deal had been struck. Unless a suitable upgrade is forthcoming Suli will be pulled from the round-nine match.

It has been reported THIS WAY by some of the other "more legit" sources as well, maybe not by the hack you may have read it by. There is so much crap written about us that we need to be VERY careful what we believe...me included.

No offence intended, I always enjoy your posts .

In a recent interview Suli said something like 4 times he hopes to be back in first grade soon. If the above article is correct then I hope that maybe he tells his mgt to go away for the weekend so he gets to play.

Then again, a deal is a deal.

In a recent interview Suli said something like 4 times he hopes to be back in first grade soon. If the above article is correct then I hope that maybe he tells his mgt to go away for the weekend so he gets to play.

Then again, a deal is a deal.

"There were a series of frantic calls between Manly and Suli’s manager on Tuesday after the teenager was named on Manly’s team list, but no deal had been struck."

I'm pretty sure a deal amenable to both parties was struck. It would have been Gorman on the other end.

The kid is happy here and WANTS to play FG.

He will play this weekend and it left enough money in the kitty to sign Carney in a few weeks.

Have faith.@:cool:

"There were a series of frantic calls between Manly and Suli’s manager on Tuesday after the teenager was named on Manly’s team list, but no deal had been struck."

I'm pretty sure a deal amenable to both parties was struck. It would have been Gorman on the other end.

The kid is happy here and WANTS to play FG.

He will play this weekend and it left enough money in the kitty to sign Carney in a few weeks.

Have faith.@:cool:

Thanks mate. There are a few other threads on here about the situation which I hadn't yet gotten to (just woke up) and it looks all sorted. :)

giphy.gif

END MOSES’ EXODUS!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8