Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
He would fit in perfectly there.

Myles could S**t on people and Carney could piss on them.  The perfect poo wee couple.

Hope he doesn't go there, he's made an effort to clean up his act served his time and deserves another shot - like to see him end up somewhere like the tigers where he can play 1/2 back, there’s a lot of player that have done worse than Carney and got away with it in the past.

I'd be very surprised if the Rorters haven't got him locked away.  As I've posted in the past, and I'll be consistent, he'd be good in Manly colours. 

As others say this club could be very bad news for carney they seem to have a culture that won't help his behavior

tookey link said:
He would fit in perfectly there.

Myles could S**t on people and Carney could piss on them.  The perfect poo wee couple.
Classic  :)
and Freddie can show them the way, the blind drunk leading the blind drunk. JWH must be wondering what he is in for.

Who on earth would leak to the media that they are thinking about changing their mind on signing up unless it was a tactical decision to gain advantage in negotiations.

IF the guy really wanted out due to his past and what they're going through now then i applaud the bloke.  Otherwise i really don't have an opinion apart from KEEP FORAN AWAY FROM THE ROOSTERS.

Just thinking, sign Ox cheap, lose Cuthbo, JWH, Hall and Le Strange, re-sign Robbo and Williams... that could make for a good offer for Foran?

eggson link said:
IF the guy really wanted out due to his past and what they're going through now then i applaud the bloke.  Otherwise i really don't have an opinion apart from KEEP FORAN AWAY FROM THE ROOSTERS.

Just thinking, sign Ox cheap, lose Cuthbo, JWH, Hall and Le Strange, re-sign Robbo and Williams... that could make for a good offer for Foran?

And use the ghost of Monas coming back cheaply as a bargaining tool to hammer down Orford's contract price. Then snap up Beaver for a reasonable one year deal.

Eggson this is sounding very Yes Minister - machiavelli never had it so good  ;D

Does anyone have any news on Beaver - whether he's re-signed with Bradford or whatever?

brookiegreg link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=181007.msg231646#msg231646 date=1247107138]

And use the ghost of Monas coming back cheaply as a bargaining tool to hammer down Orford's contract price. Then snap up Beaver for a reasonable one year deal.

Eggson this is sounding very Yes Minister - machiavelli never had it so good  ;D

Does anyone have any news on Beaver - whether he's re-signed with Bradford or whatever?
[/quote]

From memory I think beaver extended his contract with them, but I'm not positive.

These things are cyclical. Do you think players are not going to the Bulldogs anymore because of what happened with Coffs Harbour, salary cap rorting, etc? No. Players will go to the Roosters. $ + sydney location > club's reputation, especially when a club can clean up its act fairly quickly.

There's a lot of mathematical formulae in that post Crusher which some posters may not understand.  I've given you a smite for that. 

NRL player 'lit man's genitals on fire'

NRL's notorious bad boy Todd Carney and a friend are accused of burning a man's buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh, after deliberately setting his pants on fire, the Seven Network reports.

The newly-signed Sydney Roosters footballer had been holidaying with mates at Airlie Beach in north Queensland when the alleged incident occurred.

Proserpine Hospital confirmed a man was admitted for burns on New Year's Day.

Queensland Police have also confirmed the injuries, but say they will only investigate if the victim makes a formal complaint.

There's no suggestion the attack was malicious but Carney has an infamous past.

The 23-year-old former Canberra Raiders player has been convicted for drink-driving, arrested after a high-speed police chase, charged with malicious damage, accused of urinating on a man at a Canberra nightclub, and even been banned from his home town of Goulburn.

The Raiders sacked him, and just as it looked like his career could be all but over, the Roosters offered him a lifeline.

Carney is due to take the field in the next few weeks, pending the result of an inquiry now underway at the club.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is bloody awesome !! Not that the bloke got burnt, but how this bloke can attract trouble is amazingly funny, I guess they were trying to light a fart and it could cost him his career. On the down side, if he does get the punt, it free's up big money for Foran

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11