Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
This bloke never learns

Police charge former NRL player Todd Carney with malicious damage

March 07, 2009 Sacked Canberra playmaker Todd Carney is in trouble again, charged by police with malicious damage after an alleged incident in Goulburn last weekend.

The former NRL bad boy was allegedly captured on CCTV cameras jumping on several cars in Goulburn, south of Sydney.

Carney and another man have been arrested and charged and will appear in court next month.

Police viewed the security footage before making the arrests.

The latest incident comes just a week before Carney was due to play for Atherton Roosters in the Cairns and District rugby league competition in an attempt to save his career.

With the NRL refusing to register Carney for 2009, he signed with English club Huddersfield, only to have his visa application rejected due to drink driving offences.

AAP

Some people allegedly never learn.

I still can’t believe the reports that he wanted 400K next year, you’d have to have rocks in your head to pat him that given the risks associated with his past record.

<div id="post_message_780640"> THE Roosters will boast the NRL's hottest scrumbase trio next season, with Todd Carney agreeing to join star playmakers Mitchell Pearce and Braith Anasta at Bondi.

With incumbent NSW halfback Pearce secured until 2013, Carney will arrive at the club as a five-eighth and enable Anasta to shift to lock.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Carney and Roosters officials reached an agreement several weeks ago for the ex-Raiders ball-player to resume his NRL career with the tricolours.

Sacked by Canberra last July after a string of alcohol-related incidents, Carney is prevented from playing NRL this season. He accepted a footballing lifeline from far North Queensland two weeks ago, joining local side Atherton Roosters and playing his first game in eight months.

But it can now be revealed that Carney headed to the tropics with his future beyond 2008 already finalised after negotiating with the Roosters several weeks ago.

Although no contract has been signed, The Daily Telegraph understands both parties have agreed in principle to a four-year deal that will make Carney a Rooster until 2013.

The Roosters wanted to monitor Carney's rehabilitation in Atherton during the next month before making an announcement.

Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan last night refused to confirm the club had secured Carney's services. "We are going to monitor his behaviour and have a think about it," he said.

"We are interested in quality players and we'll see how things go.

"He hasn't signed anything yet."

Carney's manager David Riolo scoffed at suggestions that a deal had been done.

"You can write whatever you want - I don't know where you are getting your mail from," Riolo said.

"He hasn't agreed to any terms."

But Penrith - one of several clubs in the race for Carney's signature - last night confirmed they were now looking elsewhere on account of the Roosters winning out.

"We were in there with the best of them," Panthers general manager Mick Leary said.

"As far as I knew we'd matched the dollars other clubs had put up but I haven't spoken to his manager David Riolo for about a month. We were keen to obtain a new halfback but I'm sure there will be other opportunities that present themselves."

Carney, 22, spent most of his time in Canberra as a halfback. Although he will wear the Roosters' No. 6, he could still play first receiver on the opposite side of the ruck to Pearce. Officials also believe he has enough utility value to fill in at fullback.

Carney's signing will place pressure on the Roosters to retain Anthony Minichiello and Setaimata Sa, who are off contract after this season.</div><p> __________________</p><p><a href="http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...06066,00.html#" target="_blank">http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...06066,00.html#</a> </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/todd-carney-signs-with-roosters.html">Read the full article</a>

ManlyBacker link said:
DSM5 will be shattered.

No doubt he has gone to the right place. The graveyard of NRL careers.

atleast he can keep his habits up :p

Roosters, the team talent forgot.

I always thought the Todd Carney headlines were quite funny. I'm not saying I approve of this guy's behaviour but as for having a laugh, his off-field indescretions have been a little more entertaining than most others.
We certainly don't need him at Manly though. The Roosters can have him.

I am disappointed, although 'shattered' is going a bit far.  He is a talented player and given our lot around the scrum base at the moment he would have been a good addition in 2010.  I find it strange he'd go to where the booze flows freely at the insistence of the coach and as 'Manly Backer' correctly states, is the graveyard of NRL careers. 

The roosters arnt known for drinking - its the other stuff that they are rumoured to be into that makes htis interesting

He will be able to take turns with Jake Friend in driving home after bonding sessions.  If Jake doesn't want to drive any more then Carney wil just trample all over his car and piss on him.

I met a guy recently in canberra who knows Carney and his family.  lets just say that carney is just like the rest of his family. 

Roosters are now denying everything. Reminds me of the complete 'cock-up' they did with the Bennett attempted signing. But read between the lines - they want him but some fool opened their mouths, again.

"Sydney Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce denies that his club has secured a four-year deal with former Canberra half-back Todd Carney.

Carney was sacked by the Raiders last year and deregistered by the NRL after a series of alcohol related incidents. He is currently playing local football in Northern Queensland for the Atherton Roosters and was recently banned from his home town of Goulbourn for 12 months after damaging property.

Reports this morning have suggested Carney has all but sealed a deal with the Roosters for next year and the Bondi-based club is keeping tabs on the number seven during his stint in Atherton.

Noyce says that reports of a deal are inaccurate. "I think as Peter O'Sullivan said today, Peter looks after all of our recruitment issues, we haven't signed Todd Carney," he said.

"He's put his hand up a couple of weeks ago and was honest and said that he was looking at him and he may be a consideration down the track. "But that's a long way down the track. Again I reiterate what Peter said. We haven't signed him, his manager said we haven't signed him so we haven't signed him."

Roosters coach Brad Fittler also said no deal had been reached but would be happy to have Carney at his disposal. "I think Todd Carney's a talent, there's no doubt," he said. "He has issues like most of us. So if he can get through them, he's a good player. It'd be a shame to lose a talent like that."

at least pissing on people might not cause a rUckus in the nightspots the roosters go to.  Actually its probably the norm for most of those places. 

Fluffy link said:
The roosters arnt known for drinking - its the other stuff that they are rumoured to be into that makes htis interesting
You are kidding Fluffy. Sure about the other stuff but talk to anyone in the Eastern Suburbs about players found in various watering holes and the Roosters have a lot more form than Rabbits, Rah Rahs or even the Swannies.

Is apparently on the verge of doing a backflip on his deal with the Roosters due to all their drama's recently, and people are telling him he should not go to a club which is so heavily into the booze

Hope this isn't the case, if it is it makes Foran moving there all the more likely

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10