Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Chip & Chase link said:
Todd Carneys inability to stay on the wagon is one of the worst kept secrets in the Eastern Suburbs. Blowing 0.05 at 7am either means he was straight out of the nightclub, or it was one hell of a bender if he couldn't sleep it off. Good to see he takes his \"business\" meetings so seriously... probably only meeting Politis to collect his brown paper bag anyway.

Yeah, just heard on the radio news that he was pulled over by the cops and blew 0.052 but should be on zero as he is only on his P's

didnt gallop pretty much force the raiders to set him loose now the rorters can keep him for related offence?

He was supposed to be banned from driving until 2012 after this incident in 2007:
Just before 6pm on 18 May 2007, despite being disqualified from driving, Carney drove a ute belonging to teammate Steve Irwin. Police began to pursue the vehicle after noticing the wheels of the ute momentarily lose traction as it went around a corner. Despite the police car having its sirens sounding and lights flashing, Carney refused to stop his speeding vehicle, leading police on a high-speed chase through the back streets of the Canberra suburb of Bruce. After turning into a dead-end street, Carney stopped the car and fled the scene on foot, leaving his mate Steve Irwin in the passenger seat. Irwin told police Carney was the driver.

Still I too am pleased at his apparent turn-around last year. Maybe he is another Johns, everyone knows but no one is telling.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Since January 2010:
Setting a bloke's pants on fire.
Allegedly caught with an old woman's prescription medication.
Injuring himself falling off a balcony pissed.
Drink driving.

I'm still surprised how little was made of the prescription valiums he and Jake Friend were caught with. I guess the feel-good "Gee, hasn't he turned his life around" angle is a better one, at least for now.

DSM5 link said:
Gallop's reaction will be interesting to read.  
images

Guys, who hasn't driven after a long night out the night before? He was low range. Mistakes we all make growing up (or just older in my case :))

Who gives a ****. Like Choc speeding on Sydney Rd FFS - nothing in it....i've done it 1000 times

Wait low range? Still making the headlines for less than great reasons
Personally i dont think his crime really warrants paper coverage but since he got it for duality he must get 4 weeks on the sidelines,no exceptions

But his on P Plates,he should know better especially with his name

Chip & Chase link said:
* waits for Gallop to hand down 4 week suspension as the reigning Dally M medallist and face of the NRL brings the game into disrepute *

Exactly. Gallop made his double standards bed. Lets see if he knows the inner springs have given way when he falls out of bed for this news.

Low range does not carry jail but it is a criminal offence carrying a fine and a period of disqualification from driving. Which makes it a lot more serious than being refused service at a pub because someone thinks you've had too much.

Luckily for Todd he is not the face of the game (he is merely the Dally M winner as the best and fairest player in the game).

Must be all smiles at the ABC's Offsiders. They will now be able to spend 15 minutest trashing NRL's vile culture and give just a minute or two on the St Kilda schoolgirl soap opera.

Todd Carney's NRL promo clip scrapped

James Phelps From: The Sunday Telegraph February 27,
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/todd-carneys-nrl-promo-clip-scrapped/story-e6frexnr-1226012508014

THE NRL yesterday reacted swiftly to Todd Carney's fall from grace, cutting a clip featuring the 2010 Dally M Medal winner from a promotional video to be shown at the season launch this week.

Just two years after sacking Brett Stewart as the face of the game, the NRL scrapped a 20-second video of Todd Carney just hours after the star playmaker was charged with low-range drink driving.

"We're not talking about a major plank in the season's promotion or even the day," NRL chief executive David Gallop said. "But it wouldn't be in anyone's interest to have Todd as one of the players introducing the season review video, nor do we think it would be the appropriate message to send."

The NRL, monitoring how Carney's club, the Sydney Roosters, was reacting to his latest indiscretion, issued a statement last night claiming the player's drink driving charge "warrants close review by all parties." The game's governing body is deeply disappointed by the actions of Carney following a breakthrough year both on and of the field.

"Todd has been a real example of what people can achieve in turning their life around and there needs to be a sense of perspective about what has happened and what the next steps should be," Gallop said. "I'm aware that no one is more disappointed than Todd."

So according to Gallop, Todd deserves us maintaining a sense of perspective and our support during this "unfortunate" time. Where was this perspective and support when Brett was publicly persecuted for being a drunken rapist on nothing more than hearsay and hysterical media reports. Gallops idea of perspective then was a four week suspension in another of his kneejerk reactions, and then he didn't even have the decency to apologise when Brett was cleared of both the rape AND the drunkedness. The guy is a muppet.

nah,like Inglis,they,ll all feel sorry for him and shower heaps of support on him and say he was hard done by,well he did apologize to everyone in the paper,so that should make everything ok,shouldn't it,he will never do it again,he will never drink again,enough of this crap,he has said this before,he should be punished,his mate Friend was wasnt he,depends on how much money you have and who you play for.

Ryan link said:
Guys, who hasn't driven after a long night out the night before? He was low range. Mistakes we all make growing up (or just older in my case :))

Who gives a s**t. Like Choc speeding on Sydney Rd FFS - nothing in it....i've done it 1000 times
If so you're a fool Ryan and a danger to innocent families who are unfortunate enough to share the same streets as you drive. And there's a difference between drifting 5k above the speed limit and 50k above.

Admitting there's a problem is stage one of growing up.

Why in the paper did it say only brett Stewart was dumped from the promotional film two years ago? Inglis got dumped aswell. I hate the tools running this game and most of the media.

was actually impressed by Smiths comments this morning.

basically said that Carney had a few people falling over themselves to tell him what he wanted to hear, and that these messages were clouding the issue and that he was still a long way from through his problems with the grog.

never been a fan but i think he nailed it there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11