Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

RiverEagle

Bencher
Go manly said:
This carney stuff is disturbing me.Forget for the moment what punishment or what considerations or lattitude should be given to carney.Because Fu.... if I realy know.

Rightly or wrongly,I feel uneasy about the attention it is attracting

Not long ago,we had a thread about depression,mental health and what pressures are placed on people regarding expectations.We noted this with a warning of containing heavy content.

Much of these expectations real or perceived can have a real impact on individuals and those around them.

I am a real novice with social media and forums such as this but do read enough about how people feel harrassed or even bullied or discriminated against on social media or forums such our great site where we can share stories of the mighty manly warringah sea eagles.

However,I can't even imagine the feeling of despair,helplessnes of having an act like this exposed(when it was not meant to be)and joked about,ridiculled and commented on by millions of people.

I too,laughed at the jokes but now have a feeling of concern for the man.

I know it can't be supressed but ...,Imagine his mum,familly and the man himself.I just know what it is like to stuff up bigtime and just wonder how the fu-- did that happen

I reckon that there have been many people who have behaved or acted in a manner at times when they thought no one was looking that would be embarrising if it became public.

I even sugest that in the confines of dressing sheds and mad mondays before the digital world came to town that similar or equally embarrsing antics would have gone down hidden in the sanctions of teamship.Race days,Bucks and hens nights are notorious for poor social behaviour

Again,really divided in my own mind on sacking or not but do not think we have put enough work in understanding why did he feel that he had to skylark like that in front of a friend.I would bet that he was not the first and that the shot would have been shared by others who had done the same thing.snort the salt and lemon in the eye party trick.

ANY ONE HEARD OF SWORD FIGHTS LADS.USED TO HAPPEN REGULARY ON THE SGC HILL Just never captured on camera.

I hope that he finds the help he needs and can some how realise his talents and put them to good use.

I agree with you regarding him needing help.

He was interviewed by Weedler (on Nein) and he was quite unrepentant and lacking in insight, at that stage at least.

His attitude was it was no big deal, the negative attention didn't bother him much (he was a stronger person than that...). And he even said he didn't think he would be sacked if not for Steve Noyce's agenda against him.

The first step in getting the necessary help you need, is admitting there's a problem in the first place.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree mate, I am with ya on that
It,s just sometime people don't know what they don't know.

The 2 most common statement that is littered throughout any comebacks from any type of rehab is that" I didn't realise that I had a problem - Or - I know what the issue is and can deal with it-
I dunno know where this kids sits,but he is not strong enough or have the right support/environment to act out what is required.

RiverEagle

Bencher
They were saying on the Footy Show he does have good support, good people around him @Go manly

There was some concern about the friends he may associate with away from the footy club, but Beau Ryan and Eric Grothe Jr. both said he'd get the support and help he needs mate.

Which is good.

As others have quite rightly said, he didn't belt anyone or rob, rape or pillage, as it were. Just one too many breaches of a footy clubs standards.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Carney actually hasn't been suspended by the NRL. The NRL have said they would make a call on his future should any club lodge a contract for him and none have.

JenEagle

Bencher
Mateo was very good tonight. If tooves gets him playing like that consistently and we all know that's been the issue for feleti he will be the but of the year

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I like carney as a player, and would be a solid replacement for DCE...

But no thanks, he is too much of a handful.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You couldn't do it. Titans probably will. The bubbler would be in his element in Surfers.

winnyason

Bencher
Really, who is more naturally talented on the market ....hodgo with the metal knees and field goals. Maloney yes but some how roosters will find a way to get him.
We will go after Kane Evans, Docker and napa I would imagine, need one established half on market a big ****ing no to sezer he was rubbish today no no no do not touch him.

God

Bencher
In a heartbeat he's a dickhead but no doubting the kid can play and if he was to come onto the market given DCE has signed elsewhere he'd be the next best talent available.

winnyason

Bencher
We we after him back in his Canberra days, no doubt he will be linked to us. Comes cheap given dce at titans, sharks refusal, parra blown there cash we would have to be shot he we wanted ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15