Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
No it isn't, as only specific genders may utilize it at any given time.
Legal definition is that a person has the right to expect privacy in the confines of a toilet.

If Carney had pissed himself in the middle of the dance floor at Northeys - then that would constitute a public place.

I have posted a poll at the top of this thread asking if he deserved to be sacked over his latest faux pas.

HappilyManly said:
Legal definition is that a person has the right to expect privacy in the confines of a toilet.

If Carney had pissed himself in the middle of the dance floor at Northeys - then that would constitute a public place.

So are you saying Carney is perfectly within his rights to be doing what he was doing, when any other male at the venue could have walked in and seen that filth?

Can we also have one, asking if Andrew Johns really is a d1ckhead and should never have been made an immortal.

I would assume all players have certain clauses in their contracts re acceptable behavior standards, especially those that can impact sponsors (lets face facts the game has moved from on field only performance standards)

Clubs are commercial entities - if they had not sacked him what do you think sponsors would have said? If they had any left

The 'public" place is the photo appeared on my facebook page and 10's of thousands of other peoples.

I would agree with you HM and Eaglechick if this was his first, second or even third chance, but this is the THIRD club he has been sacked from. I don't think given their sponsorship position the sharks had any choice once the photo went "public"

At 28 years of age, he is no longer a "little boy" and given his prior experiences, how stupid would he have to be, to do something so ridiculous in front of someone with a camera, and think it wouldn't go viral?

Frogz said:
Can we also have one, asking if Andrew Johns really is a d1ckhead and should never have been made an immortal.

There is nothing stopping you from creating a new thread with the poll asking that yourself :p

HappilyManly said:

You are better at fishing than Napper.
Classic stuff.

manlyfan76 said:
HappilyManly said:

You are better at fishing than Napper.
Classic stuff.

I love your legal advice @happilymanly ;0)

The rate at which Carney is deconstructing, will soon have a bevy of Lawyers latching on :s

I find it disturbing as he clearly has psycholigical problems that are passed off as just drunkeness.
Self harm is a tragic downward spiral :(

Hopefully we don't get a Choc Mundine side show and somehow he gets professional help :angel:

Of course he deserved to lose his job! As did Robert Lui at the Cowboys (obviously). What Taufua did on the Gold Coast was pretty disgusting too, obviously on a smaller scale though. Hopefully it was a one off. If he had a record anything like Carney's surely we would have been less forgiving of him.

While Joey says "he didn't hurt anyone", he hurt his club while they are already at a low point in their history. They already have no sponsors. Why would any company ever want to come on board with that ticking time-bomb in the team? You do (and many did) have to ask what were they thinking signing him in the first place?

Cronulla's only option was to get rid of him. Rumours around today suggest he was close to having his contact torn up already this year and the Sharks probably wish they punted him earlier.

If Carney was a Manly player I would want him gone.

Could not agree more HM, he absolutely needs help. I get so tired of a society where every issue is black and white with no grey areas. I used to teach and he reminds me (to a much greater extent) of some of the 'naughty' kids I had in various classes. Specifically they were all not that bright but lots of fun and would often find themselves in trouble at the instigation of others or because they just got caught up in the moment. Some aspects of their ability to figure things would have improved as they got older, but never their intelligence. And intelligence really does make a huge difference in these things.
Now add to the 'not too bright' scenario, the fact that professional footballers are hero worshipped by fans and mollycoddled by clubs and you start to see how this could happen.
My understanding is also that he had a pretty nasty childhood, and some never grow from that.
I just hope that someone in Rugby League looks out for him because what we have now is a simple young man with zero coping skills who has been severed from the one thing in life he knows how to do and whose earnings are now zero.
This is where the culture of Rugby League needs to stand up.

Some serious prison time is just around the corner for Toddy unless he wakes up & drags himself out of the trough lollies.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Could not agree more HM, he absolutely needs help. I get so tired of a society where every issue is black and white with no grey areas. I used to teach and he reminds me (to a much greater extent) of some of the 'naughty' kids I had in various classes. Specifically they were all not that bright but lots of fun and would often find themselves in trouble at the instigation of others or because they just got caught up in the moment. Some aspects of their ability to figure things would have improved as they got older, but never their intelligence. And intelligence really does make a huge difference in these things.
Now add to the 'not too bright' scenario, the fact that professional footballers are hero worshipped by fans and mollycoddled by clubs and you start to see how this could happen.
My understanding is also that he had a pretty nasty childhood, and some never grow from that.
I just hope that someone in Rugby League looks out for him because what we have now is a simple young man with zero coping skills who has been severed from the one thing in life he knows how to do and whose earnings are now zero.

Why should Rugby League have an obligation to him?
He made his own choices

Av8r said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

Why should Rugby League have an obligation to him?
He made his own choices

Rugby League is a community and a good community looks after its weakest.
Rugby League is a business making millions for some while using talent (yes, at a fair price) and discarding the barer of that talent often before they're 30 and with zero other skills.
There are no assaulted women or children here, no 'one punch' comas, no gunshots.
And as to "he made his own choices", can we go back to the 'not real bright' part?

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Good post, I'm sure we all went to school with a Todd carney or two.

I reckon most of us would agree he needs some help, now more than ever.

As an isolated incident this would've been a problem (and I do still wonder if it wasn't an intentional effort to get out of his contract). Or at least more to how this photo made it's way to social media.

I just believe, after half a dozen or more serious ''last chances'' and 3 clubs, enough was enough.

Doesn't mean Cronulla and/or the NRL and the RLPA shouldn't usher him towards counselling or rehab.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10