Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
I for one would be very happy with Carney, Cornish and Hastings. Let them all have a crack and see who comes out on top.

On another note I think that Hiku would be a good 5/8 or left side playmaker. He has good footwork a good eye on the ball, knows how to hit the line and would be better suited to defending closer into the action. Also he grew up playing fullback in NZ junior rugby. You have to be able to kick a ball from fullback in rugby or be the fastest player on the field..... So I'm guessing he could kick if needed, cause he ain't no Usain Bolt.
Playing him at 5/8 next year would free up a position on the wing for Gutho, so he can learn the centres better of killer, and if we can jag Carney on the other side I think we would have a decent backline.

Then we just need some brutal, no nonesnce, meter eating forwards.

I wrote earlier that we should get Carney on a one year deal but as someone else wrote, he probably wouldn't come unless is was a three year deal.
Do what all the others have done - sign him up long term ( with the usual long list of conditions ) and if he stuffs up we terminate the last couple of years. All we need is a year close to his first at the Chooks and if he has grown up we'll get a few extra.
Win win situation.
Plus he'll raise our tattoo - and dickhead - quota now that Choc has left.

The nightmare just continues to roll along. You couldn't even imagine throwing those names around six months ago (hell, Dan would've been within his rights to throw you off the site!).....how did it all go so wrong, in such a short space of time.:banghead:

I'd rather someone who pissed in their own mouth than a wife beater any day of the week. Unless I had to kiss them or share cutlery. Then I'd want neither. So a very big yes to Carney, just keep him away from my mouth! :think:
Yeah, Carney will go alright, he can definitely play football.

Sportal is now confirming their own rumour. FMD the stuff that passes for sports media these days...

The nightmare just continues to roll along. You couldn't even imagine throwing those names around six months ago (hell, Dan would've been within his rights to throw you off the site!).....how did it all go so wrong, in such a short space of time.:banghead:
Sorry wombat...I never read your postings as I cant stop looking at your avatar!

I'd rather someone who pissed in their own mouth than a wife beater any day of the week. Unless I had to kiss them or share cutlery. Then I'd want neither. So a very big yes to Carney, just keep him away from my mouth! :think:
You do realise he didn't piss in his mouth don't you? Surely you realise it was an optical illusion as intended.

I think Carney is probably a good guy who does some very very stupid stuff on the ink and a great player however I am not sure what sponsors and us fans are supposed to think if we swap dce for carney.

Contrary to popular opinion, I would prefer we DIDN'T go after Carney. I was not impressed with his football at Cronulla, and remember the day he turned up to Brookvale Oval with the most ridiculous bleached hairdo. I remember thinking at the time, "man I am glad that idiot does not play at my club". He had a shocker and we put 40+ points on the scum, and my "gladness" was reinforced.

Flash forward a couple of years, and this goose could potentially play for Manly. I am so much concerned that he will reoffend, and I think the bubbler was a storm in a tea cup, but...I don't think he has ever been better than an average first grader outside of the bumper year he had in 2010 playing for the Chooks. On his day, he can be good, but "his day" comes 4 times a year, amongst a host of average games and injuries.

Further, he will be a month off 30 this time next year, and moving into the twilight years of his career. I don't so much mind when forwards play out their formative years at the club, but halves are the nucleus of a rugby league team, and I would prefer we look to build in these crucial positions with a long term goal; that's why I would like Cornish or Hastings (or both). There are worse outcomes than Carney, like Sandow and Hodkinson, but I hope we don't sign Carney to a lucrative four year deal and expect him to dig us out of a hole; I don't think he has it in him.

Signing Carney is a bit like the Dragons signing Benji Marshall; they just don't look right in the jumper, and it all smacks of "mercenary for hire". Whereas, if we signed a couple of young guys, we can make em "Manly".

Contrary to popular opinion, I would prefer we DIDN'T go after Carney. I was not impressed with his football at Cronulla, and remember the day he turned up to Brookvale Oval with the most ridiculous bleached hairdo. I remember thinking at the time, "man I am glad that idiot does not play at my club". He had a shocker and we put 40+ points on the scum, and my "gladness" was reinforced.

Flash forward a couple of years, and this goose could potentially play for Manly. I am so much concerned that he will reoffend, and I think the bubbler was a storm in a tea cup, but...I don't think he has ever been better than an average first grader outside of the bumper year he had in 2010 playing for the Chooks. On his day, he can be good, but "his day" comes 4 times a year, amongst a host of average games and injuries.

Further, he will be a month off 30 this time next year, and moving into the twilight years of his career. I don't so much mind when forwards play out their formative years at the club, but halves are the nucleus of a rugby league team, and I would prefer we look to build in these crucial positions with a long term goal; that's why I would like Cornish or Hastings (or both). There are worse outcomes than Carney, like Sandow and Hodkinson, but I hope we don't sign Carney to a lucrative four year deal and expect him to dig us out of a hole; I don't think he has it in him.

I don't think the club would be willing to pin any long term hopes on him. Which is probably the spanner in the works during negotiations.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10