Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Keating makes Sandow and Hodkinson look like JT surely he has been released to join the ESL

Umm he just left the ESL at the start of the year, released on compassionate grounds as he wanted to return home!

As for Carney, ask yourself this.....how many chances does this guy require to prove he has grown a brain ??

All this talk of us being able to convert him and turn his life around sounds like a case of Florence Nightingale syndrome. Why do people think Manly have some magic formula to fix his obvious issues ?? The main reason we have no d#ckheads here is because we didn't sign them in the first place.........now there's a formula that works so lets stick with that.

My wife pays no attention to the footy AT ALL but a few weeks back she came home and asked me "How negotiable is this whole supporting Manly thing?" She had heard that Toovey had said Manly were considering Carney and couldn't believe I could still support a team with him in it.

I explained that while I didn't want us to sign him because there has been enough drama without the inevitable bad press and rebuilding after we have to sack him, there are a number of current NRL players who have done much worse things than Carney.

When I explained what the likes of Lui, Packer, Ferguson and Inglis had done she vaguely remembered those incidents and agreed they were worse but the fact is NOBODY needs to be reminded of what Todd Carney did and the next team to give him another chance (we all know someone will) will be seen as stupid by fans, sponsors, potential sponsors and the general community, firstly when they sign him, and then again when he blows it.

Do we really need more negative press to scare sponsors away?

Its embarrassing enough bring a rugby league fan when these atrocities hit the front page, let alone when they are from my team!

No more dickheads please. Following the footy is supposed to be fun.

As for Carney, ask yourself this.....how many chances does this guy require to prove he has grown a brain ??

All this talk of us being able to convert him and turn his life around sounds like a case of Florence Nightingale syndrome. Why do people think Manly have some magic formula to fix his obvious issues ?? The main reason we have no d#ckheads here is because we didn't sign them in the first place.........now there's a formula that works so lets stick with that.
Ohh.We have dickheads here.Dont kid yourself.We also just released king dickhead last year..

A piece on Sportal this morning saying we are now full tilt after Carney. I will believe it when it is announced (that is now my official line). I believe that though is to play 5/8...

Not surprised. He is probably the only talented half left on the market, but he comes with more risk I am comfortable with.

Hastings and Cornish... cmon Joe make it happen.

Sign him ffs.. Put all the PAST issues to the side and realise the bloke can play football.

I am hearing names of Keating, Hodkinson & Sandow and I am almost shedding a tear at my desk at the thought we may sign one of the above.

Carney CAN play football, he HAS cleaned up his act, while the photo incident was STUPID thats all it was, stupid. He did not hurt anyone give him a chance(I understand he has had his fair share), we need a player with the type of quality he can provide.

Carney gets my vote for number 6, from what I have heard also he gets on very well with team mates and is a hard worker. If we were to sign him and he wins over the team then he will win over the fans also.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10