Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Parra are now after Tim Simona as well.

FMD they must have a $10m salary cap.

Mate, I reckon they are going to carve up their squad at seasons end. My bet is the players dont know what is about to hit them.

Many a Parra player will be looking for jobs in the off season.

If they dont see that writing on the wall, good on them.

Hope Sandow stays. Manly rumours still has him linked to us :eek:
If we sign Sandow the club can forget about me renewing our 5 memberships next year because I wont pay to watch that bloke in a Manly jersey. He is a turnstyle in defence and plays one good game in 4.

Admittedly it he has more good games that Foran but at least foran is going at the end of the season so we wont have to watch his pathetic attempts to impersonate a footballer for too much longer.

Feral fan? Me? OK I like it. If you read my comment I am correct though .....
I applaud your work Wombat. I love the references to Ricky Stuart and Bubbler Boy @:D.
Equal first last year, currently last - no wonder us one-eyed Sea Eagle fans are tilting on the edge.
Keep up the good work.
Team - start winning!

ok do we want to win games? danny wicks is on sterlo tonight, russell packer is back....does anyone really think that carney is worse than these guys? I'll throw robert lui in there aswell...ridiculous. Yep, he has gotten pissed and done the wrong thing...spare me the posts of i dont want him in my club. We have an immortal coaching our club that has willingly said that he took drugs most of the career (i love the guy by the way). I say get him in if we can, blood a young half for a year, if that isnt going to work...look at it again. 2 cents.

ok do we want to win games? danny wicks is on sterlo tonight, russell packer is back....does anyone really think that carney is worse than these guys? I'll throw robert lui in there aswell...ridiculous. Yep, he has gotten pissed and done the wrong thing...spare me the posts of i dont want him in my club. We have an immortal coaching our club that has willingly said that he took drugs most of the career (i love the guy by the way). I say get him in if we can, blood a young half for a year, if that isnt going to work...look at it again. 2 cents.
You are right (about Carney)
To me more instructive was the interview with Jason Taylor - especially his line about not losing it at the refs if you lose, very wise, very enlightening

I'll spare you the post

I'll spare you the post
honest question - did you see the interview? Yes it may be pre-fab, but he came across sincere and a better person. It is not impossible for a person to change, and in light of our repeatedly bemoaned position - who do we target in his stead?

honest question - did you see the interview? Yes it may be pre-fab, but he came across sincere and a better person. It is not impossible for a person to change, and in light of our repeatedly bemoaned position - who do we target in his stead?

I presume we are talking Carney?
I didn't see the interview I will say this he is 30 years old he has been to 3 clubs and been let go.

Because of our predicament I would probably give him a 1 year deal with incentives as he has more to lose than us.

I certainly couldn't and wouldn't have anyone involved in domestic violence at the club so Lui no way.

@Mavin concur about Lui

Was talking about the interview with Wicks, another example of people changing and eventually learning from mistakes. Maybe Carney is a perpetual idiot, but as many readily tell us we are stuffed, so what's the risk?

@Mavin concur about Lui

Was talking about the interview with Wicks, another example of people changing and eventually learning from mistakes. Maybe Carney is a perpetual idiot, but as many readily tell us we are stuffed, so what's the risk?

what is our risk currently? not much. look at the alternatives, a bunch of players that clubs dont want or are over hyped (hodkinson). Give him a year with an option in our favour based on good behaviour and incentives and we are right.

The risk as I see it is (talking Carney) is say we grab him as our experienced 5/8 to play outside a rookie half they strike up a good combination and we are surprising everyone and in the top 8.

We get to r16 and have a big win we are all excited than we wake up to the same news the other 3 clubs have woken up to and Carney has gone off the rails.

That stuffs our season sponsors are calling and saying why did you sign this guy.

That may all sound far fetched but it is what the club will be thinking.

The upside is certainly he can win us some games and help our young halves but there is also a risk.

I have no doubt the club are thinking about him.

Ask any insurance company and they'll tell you males under 25 and males over 25 are very different risks when it comes to stupid and reckless behaviour.

This is because male brains don't fully develop until the late 20s in the prefrontal cortex. The prefrontal cortex controls sound decision making.

Look at the Gallens, Birds, Matais, etc and you'll tend to see more sound decision making in their latter years than their earlier years. Statistically, age-wise, there is far more chance of Todd being mouldable into a team player now than ever before. Alcohol is probably the biggest threat because it disables prefrontal cortex control.

The risk as I see it is (talking Carney) is say we grab him as our experienced 5/8 to play outside a rookie half they strike up a good combination and we are surprising everyone and in the top 8.

We get to r16 and have a big win we are all excited than we wake up to the same news the other 3 clubs have woken up to and Carney has gone off the rails.

That stuffs our season sponsors are calling and saying why did you sign this guy.

That may all sound far fetched but it is what the club will be thinking.

The upside is certainly he can win us some games and help our young halves but there is also a risk.

I have no doubt the club are thinking about him.
yeah but all players are a risk, and sponsors love to back a winning team....just look at this year. i'd share the same concerns as well by the way

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10