Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Being as soft as I am these days, I'm always happy to give someone another chance in the maroon and white, because of the off field culture around the place.

People forget what Addin Fonua-Blake did years ago. API Koroisou was in the paper for going from yard to yard pissed. Taufua spat on a police officer didn't he? Walker almost killed himself when overdosing, and breaks hands on doors, Hastings wasn't liked at The Chooks apparently, Thompson was a wild child when young, Brown suffers from depression (poor guy). Etc, etc etc.

We don't hear about these things guys, once these players have been around the place for a while, because our club embraces them, supports them, and encourages extra curricular activities - I know that 100%.

This is a happy, tight knit group that enjoys each other's company. As I understand, there are no micro groups, or head swells. It's one in, all in when it comes to the social hub at the club.

Therefore, I actually think our culture might be a GOOD thing for Todd Carney (and I agree, he was a flog up until he left for the U.K.). We'd re-ignite him and help him grow both on and off the park in my opinion.

For that reason, and because @wheel requested one. Christmas yart attached:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiwieski

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Shaun Lane
20. Toaofofa Sipley
21. Kelepi Tanginoa
22. Tom Wright
23. Jonathan Wright
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brad Parker
26. Jackson Hastings
27. Lachlan Croker

Sorry about the spelling guys, had a few drinks on holidays.

Being as soft as I am these days, I'm always happy to give someone another chance in the maroon and white, because of the off field culture around the place.

People forget what Addin Fonua-Blake did years ago. API Koroisou was in the paper for going from yard to yard pissed. Taufua spat on a police officer didn't he? Walker almost killed himself when overdosing, and breaks hands on doors, Hastings wasn't liked at The Chooks apparently, Thompson was a wild child when young, Brown suffers from depression (poor guy). Etc, etc etc.

We don't hear about these things guys, once these players have been around the place for a while, because our club embraces them, supports them, and encourages extra curricular activities - I know that 100%.

This is a happy, tight knit group that enjoys each other's company. As I understand, there are no micro groups, or head swells. It's one in, all in when it comes to the social hub at the club.

Therefore, I actually think our culture might be a GOOD thing for Todd Carney (and I agree, he was a flog up until he left for the U.K.). We'd re-ignite him and help him grow both on and off the park in my opinion.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiwieski

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Shaun Lane
20. Toaofofa Sipley
21. Kelepi Tanginoa
22. Tom Wright
23. Jonathan Wright
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brad Parker
26. Jackson Hastings
27. Lachlan Croker

Thats a top 4 side .

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiwieski

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Shaun Lane
20. Toaofofa Sipley
21. Kelepi Tanginoa
22. Tom Wright
23. Jonathan Wright
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brad Parker
26. Jackson Hastings
27. Lachlan Croker

Great post Ryan

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiwieski

18. Frank Winterstein
19. Shaun Lane
20. Toaofofa Sipley
21. Kelepi Tanginoa
22. Tom Wright
23. Jonathan Wright
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brad Parker
26. Jackson Hastings
27. Lachlan Croker

Strong looking squad in any one's terms , should be some quite intense competition for i st grade positions .

I still think Carney wouldn't be a bad pick up IF we can get him. All the other BS aside, he would at the very least give us an experienced cover should DCE get injured or Qld have their own injury crisis and they have no choice but to pick him.

At least if we had him and something happened with DCE, we would still have an experienced half which is a much better thing than having to rely totally on young and relatively inexperienced halves to lead the side around.

I still think Carney wouldn't be a bad pick up IF we can get him. All the other BS aside, he would at the very least give us an experienced cover should DCE get injured or Qld have their own injury crisis and they have no choice but to pick him.

At least if we had him and something happened with DCE, we would still have an experienced half which is a much better thing than having to rely totally on young and relatively inexperienced halves to lead the side around.
We need a goal kicker
For what its worth .....

QUOTE="BOZO, post: 981038, member: 2243"]We need a goal kicker
For what its worth .....
[/QUOTE]

Nice find! Just demonstrates that great goal kickers who can perform under pressure win you games or at the very least give you opportunity to win them. Would rather have JT running in our squad.. But realistically, TC would slot in beautifully at a fraction of the price..

Seriously guys this thread started 10 years ago he’s not the player he was then.Give hastings a go otherwise why did we sign him ffs.
Well it didn't really start 10 years ago, it's a recent thread combined with an old one, but aside from that, what are we going to do if Cherry gets injured? Play Hastings and Croker who've played a handful of games at halfback between them?
Sure Hastings/Crocker and Cherry might work if everything goes to plan but we need an experienced half as backup, and at this stage, like it or not Carney is looking like our best option at this stage.

We do not need Todd Carney!! We have better younger options!
Well I think our coach would beg to differ.. Why would he have gone hard after moylan and Pearce if he thought we had better younger options? Sure our youngsters are talented and may be very capable, but as @Ned mentioned above, we need an experienced option as a contingency for injury or if our youngsters are not dealing with first grade too well.. TC is a fitter and more robust option than the injury prone hodkinson imo.

what are we going to do if Cherry gets injured?
Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
I recall Api has filled in at half and did quite well. If that happened we still have Brown to plug a hole at hooker, with support from the rookie hooker.
True that Pearce was Plan A for a time, but we'll have new plans now.

Todd would be a great pick up IMO. Hastings doesn't seem to be an option for some reason but we really need a good goal kicker. We really fluffed our way through last year with kicking but we can't afford to do that if we want to push for a title. Carney would bring a lot to club despite his checkered past. What a weapon to have that can control the game leaving DCE free to roam. Will be super cheap as well. Too many pros that out way the cons for what we need right now. Get him!

Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
I recall Api has filled in at half and did quite well. If that happened we still have Brown to plug a hole at hooker, with support from the rookie hooker.
True that Pearce was Plan A for a time, but we'll have new plans now.
Of course, but how many finals games are we going to win with Brown at hooker. There was talk we were looking at Hodkison for that depth of experience so I'm guessing the coach sees a need for it. If so where do we get it, some on here would say take hodko even with the risk of his dodgy knees, some say get Carney and risk embarrassment of another 'incident' or go into next season with 1 experienced half and hope for the best. In an ideal world we wouldn't need anyone else but where we are right now if Cherry goes down we our season is basically over, we'll win a few here and there but won't be able to compete with the top teams.

Last edited:
Starting to look at the darker side and agree Carney would be a great pickup , he is 29 and hopefully moved on from previous indiscretions. The younger brigade we have will get their chance and they are the future of the club Carney suits our current needs , experience , kicks goals and as good as Green was in defence.

Starting to look at the darker side and agree Carney would be a great pickup , he is 29 and hopefully moved on from previous indiscretions. The younger brigade we have will get their chance and they are the future of the club Carney suits our current needs , experience , kicks goals and as good as Green was in defence.
He’s 32 in June. I don’t think he has played in a high quality comp for a few years. I prefer the young guys we have.

Apparently the Manly board ruled out recruiting Carney just over a week or so ago , maybe they could have a change of heart but there would have to be some fairly hasty negotiations soon if Carney is still on the radar and is judged to be still up to N R L standard . Even the Cowboys seem reluctant to make an effort to accommodate him at present . The fact that the club has now released both Green and Cullen and acquired essentially a 5 / 8 in Ccoker would seem to suggest another half to recruit is still a priority . Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, but also whatever conjecture and taking into account Walker's situation , the goal kicking issue remains also of course something of a concern . A fit and able Carney may have been a good option but the circumstances seem to be working against this right now .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12