Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
[seem to have got cut off ] to conclude , a fit and able Carney may have been a good option but the circumstances seem to be working against this right now .
Cows have JT, Morgan and Temarie, so hard to see them add another half to their roster @:cool:

I believe that Manly will unearth the next half from our current ranks :nod:

It will be exciting to watch and footy can't come soon enough :inlove:

Point taken but the Cowboys could still be a bit thin if Morgan is unavailable and J T goes down with an injury although their 20's half back looks O K . Cade Cust finished last season really well and may eventually improve to N R L level and i have every hope with Croker and Hastings to do the job required but every indication is still that Baz is on the look out and hunting another capable half or half back , even just for some cover.

Well it didn't really start 10 years ago, it's a recent thread combined with an old one.
Actually, it's a combination of 61 other Todd Carney threads plus a group of recent posts that were transferred out of the Joel Thompson thread into this combined mega thread.

Starting to look at the darker side and agree Carney would be a great pickup , he is 29 and hopefully moved on from previous indiscretions. The younger brigade we have will get their chance and they are the future of the club Carney suits our current needs , experience , kicks goals and as good as Green was in defence.

Carney could be a great/awesome/amazing pickup for us. Yes, he more than ticks all the boxes (See above). Yes, He could also be the difference between top four and premiers in 2018. BUT He could also destroy our season and damage our culture irreversibly for however long we sign him for. Worth the risk??? Big call TB. Hope it works out for you.....and for us. It would be the against the odds, comeback story of comeback stories if it does.

Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
I recall Api has filled in at half and did quite well. If that happened we still have Brown to plug a hole at hooker, with support from the rookie hooker.
True that Pearce was Plan A for a time, but we'll have new plans now.
"]Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
Correction ......
Most teams struggle if their top players are out and they don't have quality and experienced depth to cover them

I think we need a Todd Carney type player if we are to win a comp next season . If we get him we will go close and im a " give hastings a go sort of bloke . He may deliver but the Crokers , custs and wrights are a year or 2 away in my opinion .
Birds of a feathered stick together here brad :)
Carney solves 2 problems . 1 goal kicking 2. Security in having an experienced halve to fall back on.

"]Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
Correction ......
Most teams struggle if their top players are out and they don't have quality and experienced depth to cover them
I think we have cover with the likes of the young blokes i mentioned bozo , but only as cover and not from the get go.

Most teams struggle if their top player is out and we are no different.
I recall Api has filled in at half and did quite well. If that happened we still have Brown to plug a hole at hooker, with support from the rookie hooker.
True that Pearce was Plan A for a time, but we'll have new plans now.
Taking the quality Api away from hooker and weakening the hooking role and putting a Nate Myles type player in Brown who is passed his best and weakening the spine ?
Bad move feathered friend

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
Taking the quality Api away from hooker and weakening the hooking role and putting a Nate Myles type player in Brown who is passed his best and weakening the spine ?
Bad move feathered friend
I was going to mention , lets not forget my mate Lewy brown but you beat me to it haha .

I think we need a Todd Carney type player if we are to win a comp next season . If we get him we will go close and im a " give hastings a go sort of bloke . He may deliver but the Crokers , custs and wrights are a year or 2 away in my opinion .
Love your optimism Brad, but we are a snowflakes hope of winning the comp next season.

Its a fair side mate with the addition of Thompson and the likes of Carney, we'd give it a crack dont you think ?
Any side with DCE The Turbo boys Walker, Thomo , Kappow and some young up and coming players that may surprise will be in it with a chance to win it .
We'd give it a "crack" for sure !!!
f2671fe619f4993a15f5992d727910e3--eagles-teeth.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12