Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Rex link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186551.msg317955#msg317955 date=1298709717]
Guys, who hasn't driven after a long night out the night before? He was low range. Mistakes we all make growing up (or just older in my case :))

Who gives a s**t. Like Choc speeding on Sydney Rd FFS - nothing in it....i've done it 1000 times
If so you're a fool Ryan and a danger to innocent families who are unfortunate enough to share the same streets as you drive. And there's a difference between drifting 5k above the speed limit and 50k above.

Admitting there's a problem is stage one of growing up.
[/quote]

I think you're the one in denial Rex. I can't believe for a second that you & your type are as clean as you make out to be. All this attitude does is encourage the media to keep dragging the game through the mud and ours is the club that suffers the most.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186551.msg318076#msg318076 date=1298763003]
Guys, who hasn't driven after a long night out the night before? He was low range. Mistakes we all make growing up (or just older in my case :))

Who gives a s**t. Like Choc speeding on Sydney Rd FFS - nothing in it....i've done it 1000 times
If so you're a fool Ryan and a danger to innocent families who are unfortunate enough to share the same streets as you drive. And there's a difference between drifting 5k above the speed limit and 50k above.

[/quote]

I think you're the one in denial Rex. I can't believe for a second that you & your type are as clean as you make out to be. All this attitude does is encourage the media to keep dragging the game through the mud and ours is the club that suffers the most.
[/quote]

You read this as a matter of personal cleanliness?  Really Duff?

A person who approves Choc exceeding the speed limit by 53kph, not 5kph, and supports that approval by saying he's sped like Choc did around our streets 1000 times is an immature fool, and if telling the truth is a danger to our families and kids, and unfit to hold a licence.  Pretty simple really. And if you agree with Ryan's warped logic then you're in need of some growing up too Duff.

Same with Carney.  Claiming ignorance that he could still be above a "P" plater's zero alcohol reading the morning after a big bender is ludicrous, especially for someone with his long history of alcohol abuse.  To me he remains alcohol dependent and in denial. As Fro said, his coach Smith was quite accurate in his assessment this morning, unlike Carney.

If these acts didn't put others' health and safety at significant risk, then that would be a different matter.  But that's not the case.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186551.msg318116#msg318116 date=1298770517]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186551.msg318076#msg318076 date=1298763003]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You read this as a matter of personal cleanliness?  Really Duff?

A person who approves Choc exceeding the speed limit by 53kph, not 5kph, and supports that approval by saying he's sped like Choc did around our streets 1000 times is an immature fool, and if telling the truth is a danger to our families and kids, and unfit to hold a licence.  Pretty simple really. And if you agree with Ryan's warped logic then you're in need of some growing up too Duff.

Same with Carney.  Claiming ignorance that he could still be above a "P" plater's zero alcohol reading the morning after a big bender is ludicrous, especially for someone with his long history of alcohol abuse.  To me he remains alcohol dependent and in denial. As Fro said, his coach Smith was quite accurate in his assessment this morning, unlike Carney.

If these acts didn't put others' health and safety at significant risk, then that would be a different matter.  But that's not the case.
[/quote]

Good points Rex.The other thing that some people seem to forget here,is,.053 is an offence for any driver,P plater or full license.He broke the law!!

The worst of it all is the NRL's hopelessly lost, inadequate and shameful response. 

Here we have Gallop abusing Stewart in the strongest possible terms for supposedly getting drunk - a fact unproven and in dispute.  Add to this a 4 week suspension and a $100k fine.  Even if Stewart were guilty of what Gallop alleged, then he risked harm to NO-ONE except himself.  He broke no law.  He caught a cab home.  He was a clean-skin, acting responsibly within society's bounds for the rest of the population.

Compare this to Carney, a long history of law breaking, alcohol abuse, risking others' lives, abusing others' rights.  He does it for the umpteenth time, breaking the law, risking others' lives, and the NRL response reported above is to issue a statement last night claiming

the player's drink driving charge "warrants close review by all parties."

WTF? And that:

"Todd has been a real example of what people can achieve in turning their life around and there needs to be a sense of perspective about what has happened and what the next steps should be,"

Unbelievable. He's PRAISING the guy right immediately after he's caught DUI!

Gallop is fundamentally erratic, irresponsible and way, way out of his depth.

There are definite double standards here, a first offender gets 4 weeks and a huge fine, a serial offender gets a slap on the wrist and a pat on the back that he has done so well up until this point.
There definitely has to be some kind of conduct code with set punishments for each disciplinary breach, take the emotion out of the decision.

TokyoEagle link said:
There are definite double standards here, a first offender gets 4 weeks and a huge fine, a serial offender gets a slap on the wrist and a pat on the back that he has done so well up until this point.
There definitely has to be some kind of conduct code with set punishments for each disciplinary breach, take the emotion out of the decision.
I see your point Tokyo, but what was Stewart's first time offence exactly? Being falsely accused?

Good point Rex, was talking more about the perception at the time though. You would have thought that Gallop being a lawyer should have had more respect for the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Compare the sympathetic treatment that Todd the Drunk is receiving in the media to the outright lies and mistruths that were printed about Brett. Perhaps Brett should have "contemplated retirement" after his gross misconduct in catching a taxi home, then maybe the media grubs would have written something fluffy about him.

This type of preferential influencing of public opinion through the media can only be brought about through pressure from above.... I wonder from how high that pressure is being exerted ? Gallop has already revealed where his sympathies lie in this matter..........

Chip & Chase link said:
Compare the sympathetic treatment that Todd the Drunk is receiving in the media to the outright lies and mistruths that were printed about Brett. Perhaps Brett should have \"contemplated retirement\" after his gross misconduct in catching a taxi home, then maybe the media grubs would have written something fluffy about him.

This type of preferential influencing of public opinion through the media can only be brought about through pressure from above.... I wonder from how high that pressure is being exerted ? Gallop has already revealed where his sympathies lie in this matter..........

''You do get crazy thoughts running through your head and for a split second quitting went through my head to save all the drama, but then I realised that's the easy option and for all those doubters and detractors out there it would have made them happy to see me quit,'' an emotion-charged Carney told The Sun-Herald.

What the contemplation of retirement, for a split second ?? I almost broke into laughter when i read that, I couldn't believe he said it.

Chip & Chase link said:
Compare the sympathetic treatment that Todd the Drunk is receiving in the media to the outright lies and mistruths that were printed about Brett. Perhaps Brett should have \"contemplated retirement\" after his gross misconduct in catching a taxi home, then maybe the media grubs would have written something fluffy about him.

Mate the Rorters are the darlings of the Sydney media/social/legal set and therefore nobody should be surprised at the reactions going on here. That pissweak Gallop will not upset his wigged suited mates who all bankroll this bunch of pricks so just wait and see how quickly the dust settles as it all gets swept under the carpet. Pathetic is what the double standards of the NRL are.

''I'll get through this. I've gotten through a lot worse. It's a minor hiccup but at the end of the day I shouldn't have done it.  Todd Carney

Gallop has sure got his message through to Todd, loud and clear.

Todd should try holding his breath, that is the traditional remedy for hiccups. But I guess you can't drink while holding your breath...

Rex link said:
The worst of it all is the NRL's hopelessly lost, inadequate and shameful response. 

Here we have Gallop abusing Stewart in the strongest possible terms for supposedly getting drunk - a fact unproven and in dispute.  Add to this a 4 week suspension and a $100k fine.  Even if Stewart were guilty of what Gallop alleged, then he risked harm to NO-ONE except himself.  He broke no law.  He caught a cab home.  He was a clean-skin, acting responsibly within society's bounds for the rest of the population.

Compare this to Carney, a long history of law breaking, alcohol abuse, risking others' lives, abusing others' rights.  He does it for the umpteenth time, breaking the law, risking others' lives, and the NRL response reported above is to issue a statement last night claiming

the player's drink driving charge \"warrants close review by all parties.\"

WTF? And that:

\"Todd has been a real example of what people can achieve in turning their life around and there needs to be a sense of perspective about what has happened and what the next steps should be,\"

Unbelievable. He's PRAISING the guy right immediately after he's caught DUI!

Gallop is fundamentally erratic, irresponsible and way, way out of his depth.

Spot on. Very frustrating :-\

lol. The funniest bit was the Rorters trying to make out that they were helping him all year last year. They dropped the ball big time with his rehabilitation. Now they want him to go see a consellor again? Wake up, if they had paid for him to go all last season he wouldn't be in this situation. They hired a guy with a mental health problem, as an employer they had a duty of care to look after the bloke. No one who was an alchololic will ever fully turn there life around, it is always going to be work in progress. Looks like the Kiss of Carney, has come home to roost.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
lol. The funniest bit was the Rorters trying to make out that they were helping him all year last year. They dropped the ball big time with his rehabilitation. Now they want him to go see a consellor again? Wake up, if they had paid for him to go all last season he wouldn't be in this situation. They hired a guy with a mental health problem, as an employer they had a duty of care to look after the bloke. No one who was an alchololic will ever fully turn there life around, it is always going to be work in progress. Looks like the Kiss of Carney, has come home to roost.

Does stuffing a player in rehab effect the salary cap?

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:

From what I have heard his whole family are trouble

Calling him an alcoholic & going on about his "problem" is a load of crap to make people feel sorry for him. I'm sure I drink more than him & can put him under the table.

He's just a d1ckhead who won't do what he's told. He doesn't have a drinking problem, he has a discipline problem.
An alco has a swig first thing in the morning & last thing at night every single day. I'm sure he does not live that way. He just sees others out living it up & can't control himself even though that's what he's being paid to do.

Ryan link said:

I give a s**t Ryan, the guy was told by a judge that he offended again he should get a jail sentence. He told everyone that he gave up drinking, he must of had a skin full the night before. He was caught DUI 9am next morning, how he had a licence in the first place amazes me.

Carney should cop 4 weeks and his club fined 100k.

The roosters have had Nate Myles s**t in a motel corridor, Jake Friend on multiple driving charges, Setemana Sa DUI and unlicenced and Anthony Watts thrown out of a bar a few nights ago.

Gallop hasn't got the balls to do anything because of politis, and I'll be amazed if he cops more than a slap on the wrist and a fine.

Remember Carney has been proven GUILTY of drink driving, yet Brett was not proven guilty of anything but copped it from the media big time.

Time to teach the Roosters that they are not untouchable.

BTW Ryan if you've been doing it aswell I hope you get caught because I don't give a **** if you kill yourself. It's the innocent victims who are mamed of killed by people speeding or drink/driving that I give a **** about.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8