Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought Albert Hopoate was going to be the next big thing. Those boots are filled by Koula. Kid is a machine. Not sure how Harper wins that spot back ?

Secondly, we have another player in Kaeo Weekes who's probably way more skilled, but just as talented waiting for his shot.

Would love to see him snatch the 14 jumper this week in place of Lawton.

I thought Albert Hopoate was going to be the next big thing. Those boots are filled by Koula. Kid is a machine. Not sure how Harper wins that spot back ?

Secondly, we have another player in Kaeo Weekes who's probably way more skilled, but just as talented waiting for his shot.

Saw Weekes' higlights in flegg the last week. Too fragile and soft in defence.

It’s hard to get into this team but once you’re there you have to get injured or **** up to get out of it.

Koula is the first centre I’d select in the squad. Good defender, fearless and plenty of pace. A waste of time sitting him down behind Harper and or Parker. He has proven he is more than ready.
Agree , Harper has been poor but was good late last year and i was a fan of his but Koula definitely stamped his name on the Centre position , but he will need to do this week in week out .

Saw Weekes' higlights in flegg the last week. Too fragile and soft in defence.

He SMASHED it in the trial this year against men and first graders alongside Humphreys in the halves. In fact, that was when we started producing points..and they had pretty much a full strength team

He SMASHED it in the trial this year against men and first graders alongside Humphreys in the halves. In fact, that was when we started producing points..and they had pretty much a full strength team
I share your optimism for Weekes but there must be a reason they’ve moved him back down to Flegg instead of playing NSW Cup

I share your optimism for Weekes but there must be a reason they’ve moved him back down to Flegg instead of playing NSW Cup
I have a feeling that flegg plays to the manly system, and trains at Narrabeen, but Blacktown's NSW cup may be a bit outside the system. So the reason may be while he's young enough for Flegg (and gordon and humphreys) keep him close under the watchful eye of Des, and they can more easily train with the first grade squad.

I could be wrong though.

Before it gets forgotten, was it koula who absolutely smashed shaquille Mitchell on his first run (it was from a tap)? The guy was completely stopped in his tracks. Smashed him back to reserve grade.

What was the story with covid protocols and then being ok to play? Was pleasantly surprised to see him training pregame.

Had some glimpses of goodness but also some rookie errors to balance it out. Needs more time and more ball to develop. Needs some help to keep refining his defence.
Next week he'll be up against Farnworth, should be a good duel.
Who will we pick to mark up on Staggs?
Whoever we pick, both our centres will need to be on their toes in defence.

Koula is still very much a rookie. His natural talent, potential and long term value to Manly is obvious. Has to be nurtured. Can be expected to learn, develope and improve his game every week. Just hope he stays healthy. Manly have a lot hanging on him. Not mucH depth in the centres now with Parker out and Harper revealed as not NRl.standard.
Next week he'll be up against Farnworth, should be a good duel.
Who will we pick to mark up on Staggs?
Whoever we pick, both our centres will need to be on their toes in defence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10