• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader

This is a massive signing. The current NYC NZ lock. Think of the fan fare the club made of signing Chee Cam yet this kid is on par and nothing. We aren't moving along too badly at all. I'd say he is training with the a grade squad, and pencil him in to see NRL. This is definately a manly signing, a second tier contract with Blacktown.

He may only be a kid but credit where credits due, I love Bozo's direction, young and quality. Jake toured with Australia at lock. Sironen will play back row but best position 5/8 or lock. Add this kid, he looks to have some soft and sweet hands.

I'm thinking our backrowers are either monsters like lane and Kapow, or ball playing, hole runners everywhere you look.

Last edited:
The highlights tell me one thing - this guy is well ahead of the curve in understanding the game and how to find holes in defensive structures (okay - two things).

Will be very interested to see how he goes.

Problem is Hoops is that we need some quality and experience to jot the ground running next year to improve us and get back to winning ways. You win more and you attract better players, sponsors, fans etc. I agree the kid has huge potential

Agree experience around youth helps.

Perhaps Bozo's playing a longer game.

But there is still a long long time until June 30 2017.

I still think the clown has more signings to come, especially if Matai hangs up the boots.

We will be a young, energetic, (fingers crossed fitter) and fast.

DCE, Darcy, Kapow. They are the next generation of elder statesmen now. This is there time to shine.

Liking this... Brian Kelly, Shaun Lane, Tom Amone, Dylan Walker, Jamil Hopoate, Meehan, Tom Wright... all have true potential. Plenty of respectable talent at Blacktown Workers now too, it seems. I am starting to believe in "The Plan"...

Last edited:
Bozos has always loved his forwards big and hard. He seems to have a new found love for ballplaying forwards this year. It's almost impossible that Bozo would not have some serious man love for James Graham. And then add he is a Pom.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
Bozos has always loved his forwards big and hard. He seems to have a new found love for ballplaying forwards this year. It's almost impossible that Bozo would not have some serious man love for James Graham. And then add he is a Pom.
You can have all the best ball players, but you need the big hard men to make the yards. Look at the dogs, they remain in the eight because of their big strong pack and let themselves down with their backs..... Balance is hard

He looks like a great pick up! I know those pesky highlight videos can make people look like the next immortal but he does appear to be more primed and ready for First Grade than Hoppa Jnr, and I have a lot of belief that he too will debut in 1st's this year. As the previous posts have mentioned, things are building nicely and guys like Kelly, Meehan, Amone, Locke etc look like the right attitude and ability that we needed to recruit. So many new players, far from a complacent or guaranteed position in any team. This could turn out to be a competitive and productive off-season for the new guys to gel and excel!

If memory serves two of our first signings were two young guns an 18yo and a 19yo, that everybody jumped on and bagged.

It is starting to look like our lower grades are also in for better times.

Gotta say - These You tube highlight reels can be hard to gauge....thing is you can't fox the ability to ball play...some of those passes at the line (which we have lacked) are poetry in motion - seems to have the ability of engaging the correct defender and times the pass to perfection - this is a natural ability that coaching can help, but not teach....a fan of this signing.

Just to let you guys know, the Eels offered him a pittance to stay (he wasn't even going to be in their top 25 squad) and Manly offered him more money. He is not the next big thing pried from the grasping hands of his junior club (a la Ponga), he is just a NYC player that is looking for an opportunity that wasn't afforded to him at Parramatta.

Now I am not saying that he won't develop into a solid first grader but he is not tipped as one of the hottest young players on the market or anything of the sort. There is a highlights reel of Jack Littlejohn tearing up the NYC so don't let a youtube clip be the basis for any excitement.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8