Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree, I always saw a bit of a young choc in him, half our trouble is we can't seem to settle on a forward pack, I know we've had a spate of injuries this year but with players going up and down between firsts and reserves so regularly there's little opportunity for any of these blokes to shine or even become accustomed to the players alongside them let alone get combinations going, the good sides pretty much run the same pack week in week out, no wonder our blokes look like strangers out there, I know I'll get howled down but imo he's got potential that's being misused at present.
Yep, I agree he has potential. Recall him doing some good, Buhrer-esque things in the past, like running onto grabbers, good inside support runs etc. To me though, he's going to be a useful backup player, someone who will always turn up and be enthusiastic whether in reserves or firsts, but I just don't know if he will make that next step. Remember he is already 25/26, so don't know how much more he will develop.

He is a tough guy though, and can do good things, so I am glad we have him.

He will make it. He will be in a grand final 17 for Manly, hopefully as winner. Think Shane Rodney, Mark Bryant, Glenn Hall. He has that level in him. I believe in @Mark from Brisbane

I don't understand the Leary "hate" on here, he's been thrust into how many different roles, and often given 10-12 minutes on the field.

The only time he's played a full game he won our MVP of that game.

Enough said!!

I think the balance of the team has been hard to put a finger on. At the moment three props and a utility in the bench has looked good. If we could settle on, say:

Myles
Parcell
Lawrence
Taupau
Buhrer
Jake

Brown
Vave
AFB
Lussick/Starling

Then fine. We will start winning games. As much as I like Red and Bleary they don't get a gig in my first team as they are behind Buhrer and Brown in the ball running utility in my mind. Matato too but he seems out of favour.

I think the balance of the team has been hard to put a finger on. At the moment three props and a utility in the bench has looked good. If we could settle on, say:

Myles
Parcell
Lawrence
Taupau
Buhrer
Jake

Brown
Vave
AFB
Lussick/Starling

Then fine. We will start winning games. As much as I like Red and Bleary they don't get a gig in my first team as they are behind Buhrer and Brown in the ball running utility in my mind. Matato too but he seems out of favour.

More and more I am of the opinion that Kapow should be moved to prop, Lussick given a long run in reggies, and Symonds into 2nd row.

8 Kapow
9 Parcell
10 Myles
11 Buhrer
12 Symonds
13Jake

Brown
Vave
AFB
Lawrence.

I don't understand the Leary "hate" on here, he's been thrust into how many different roles, and often given 10-12 minutes on the field.

The only time he's played a full game he won our MVP of that game.

Enough said!!

I agree!
I remember reading that he didn't make many metres in the Brisbane game. I was at this game, we had great seats and although things were not going Manly's way, I thought Leary was one of the few positives - he was enthusiastic, aggressive, and hitting hard in defence. I recorded the game but didn't bother to watch it but at the game live I remember cheering for some of his hits in a game in which there was little to celebrate.

More and more I am of the opinion that Kapow should be moved to prop, Lussick given a long run in reggies, and Symonds into 2nd row.

8 Kapow
9 Parcell
10 Myles
11 Buhrer
12 Symonds
13Jake

Brown
Vave
AFB
Lawrence.
Very much agreed regarding Kapow. I think it is the same mentality that Tooves had when he kept playing T-Rex for 80 minutes, despite him getting consistently worse. He said something along the lines of "with a player that is capable of doing what he can do, you keep him out there as much as possible..." But for mine, he was carrying a passenger much of the time, and the rest of the team was worked that much harder to make up for it.

NOT saying that Kapow is a passenger by any means, but his main strength is his, er...strength. His lateral movement in defence is not that good, and since we aren't providing good ball to fast-moving outside forwards, he is getting the ball standing still, then having to accelerate quickly - also not a great forte. Put him in the middle again, and get Symonds, or my preference, Mateo on in the back row. Then he can play two strong 20-minute bursts, and carve up in the middle of the field 'cos he'd be getting good early ball from a fast, energetic hooker in Parcell.

Leary reminds me of the cartoon tassie devil. Lots of body movement.we have way too many forwards so its hard to work out where he sits.he is handy and may prove to be more than that once we get the balance right. He is good for depth but if he made the team week in, currently he would be the weakest link.

He is very myles like as a player in his abilities. Probably no room for both of them in the team

Very much agreed regarding Kapow. I think it is the same mentality that Tooves had when he kept playing T-Rex for 80 minutes, despite him getting consistently worse. He said something along the lines of "with a player that is capable of doing what he can do, you keep him out there as much as possible..." But for mine, he was carrying a passenger much of the time, and the rest of the team was worked that much harder to make up for it.

NOT saying that Kapow is a passenger by any means, but his main strength is his, er...strength. His lateral movement in defence is not that good, and since we aren't providing good ball to fast-moving outside forwards, he is getting the ball standing still, then having to accelerate quickly - also not a great forte. Put him in the middle again, and get Symonds, or my preference, Mateo on in the back row. Then he can play two strong 20-minute bursts, and carve up in the middle of the field 'cos he'd be getting good early ball from a fast, energetic hooker in Parcell.

All good, but tooves didn't play T-Rex. Although we may as well blame him or Barrett.

Sorry people....false alarm. My young fella @lillchip has been playing games with you all. I've grounded him and told him if it happens again I'll make him support Parra.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6