Tom Trbojevic reveals return date - this season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

max

NRL 2023: Tom Trbojevic reveals Manly Sea Eagles return date

By DEAN RITCHIE

Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic’s pectoral rehabilitation is on track with the star fullback well aware his scheduled 11-week recovery could have him back in two of the finals.

While reluctant to declare himself a certain starter in the finals, Trbojevic has revealed his recuperation is “going good” and his arm came out of a sling last week.

The Sea Eagles will also need to carefully consider whether it’s worth risking their $1m a year champion for a game or two over the back-end of this season.
And, clearly, Manly has the task of reaching the finals before Trbojevic can play.
Trbojevic injured his pectoral just two minutes in State of Origin II on June 21 in Brisbane.

This masthead revealed in July that Trbojevic could be available for a shock finals comeback.

“The time frame is 11 weeks. They say 12 weeks is probably the number but (maybe) a week earlier, we’ll see.
“(Week two), I’d be a chance. It would have to be a few weeks into the finals, that’s if we get there.

“I’m not thinking about it – I just want to get myself right and we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. I’m not getting my hopes up too much.
“I just got out of the sling a week ago so I’m getting back to moving it. I will start my strength pec stuff next week. I’ve got to see the surgeon next week.
“It’s weak but I’m not in any pain.
“I haven’t really asked them this but I’m assuming that once you get your strength back then you’re good to go and start training again. I assume that’s the process.

Asked how he was progressing in his recovery, Trbojevic said: “Yeah, it’s going good.
“It’s obviously hard to watch (games) and I’d love to be out there but I have come to terms with it and I’m just trying to help out where I can.
“I sit in the (coaching) box and help out there. I re-watch the game and look at ideas on how we can be better.”

It was initially expected Trbojevic would miss the remainder of this season but the club now has optimism he could return for a late, and anticipated, cameo should Manly sneak into the playoffs.
Brothers Jake and Ben Trbojevic are back playing together after mid-season injuries.
Manly is aware Dolphins halfback Sean O'Sullivan was ready to return from a pectoral injury after a 12-game lay-off.
O’Sullivan injured his pectoral against Brisbane in round four but was back in round 17 against Parramatta. He could have played in round 16 but the Dolphins had a bye.

Reuben Garrick has done a sound job replacing Trbojevic at fullback.

What a **** article - makes no sense, Tom hasn’t even seen the surgeon to get an update on his progress…..

If he is 100 percent fit and we are in the finals , he plays .
He can go down first game back this year or next so let it rip.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8