• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who scored all our points then??
Lyon did. He was also disappointing and inconsistent as he has been so far this season. There were some very good moments from him, but it was mixed with garbage, including 2 shockers off the top of my head...
1. Dropping the ball cold, giving the Eels possession and a new set of 6 in our half.
2. That awful miss on Rad when Rad ran around him and scored in the corner (and that was one of a few times he missed him during the game)

If you think last night's performance from Lyon is what constitutes the "best" then I'm sorry, but I completely disagree

Those reckoning Scott was somehow faster than Turbo (lol) are also claiming Scott is faster than Semi - who couldn't make any ground on Turbo at all.

Those who don't get what happened need to revise primary school geometry lessons. If Turbo had trusted his speed and run straight instead of diagonally, Semi would've been lucky to get him, and Scott certainly wouldn't have got within cooee.

The condition of ground was very poor last night and I think this was a big factor in why he was run down. Without the nice firm, flat ground to run on, it was very hard to for him to get up to speed. There were also many divots about which would have made it extremely difficult for him and increased the chance of him rolling an ankle or doing a knee.

The condition of ground was very poor last night and I think this was a big factor in why he was run down. Without the nice firm, flat ground to run on, it was very hard to for him to get up to speed. There were also many divots about which would have made it extremely difficult for him and increased the chance of him rolling an ankle or doing a knee.

Seriously mate - wake up & smell the roses champion.
"The ground was soft and full of holes" lol

So your saying that the part of the ground Scott was running from was an Olympic training track ?

If you had a closer look at the run, both scott and turbo start about 15 meters in from opposing sidlines.

Whilst Turbo puts the foot down, Scott must turn and chase. @ the half way line Turbo has a meter on Scott, but both are running diagonal lines meaning they both cover equal distance. Semi is also gaining easily.

Turbo gives up because he knows he's no chance and loses the ball.

Turbo is no turbo. He's slower than a 30yo + second rower with wonky knees and a bung shoulder.

He'll lose all confidence in his ability from here in I'm afraid boys.

Had we won last night no one would have had anything detrimental to say about TT...........give the guy a break! He didn't let the tries in!!

Two of the tries were scored down his sideline when he came in off his wing. Lyon was left scrambling trying to cover the gap he left.

Our right edge defence missed 14 tackles between them on Thursday night. Killer and Api missed 5 each while Tommy and T-Red missed 2 each.

Although their tries were mostly from our mistakes, its no coincidence that 3 of the Speels 4 tries were down that side.

On the other hand, between them Jorge, Skivy, Kapow and Walker missed only 6 tackles between them.

As for Tom and his run.....I think he found the difference between open space in the U/20's and open space in the NRL. In the U/20's he would have been under the posts. The NRL has better defenders and players who know the value of not giving up the chase.

In saying that though, I think Tom's head wasn't really in the game on Thursday night and given his personal circumstances I'd say that was understandable even though he did run for a game high and a (so far) NRL career high 219 metres, plus he came away with a try assist. The same could be said for Jake who other than his usual 46 tackles was also a bit quiet.

You know, despite playing 5 of this years 7 games on the wing, young Tommy is currently leading our try assists with 5. No other Manly player is even in the top 20.

Last edited:
Lyon did. He was also disappointing and inconsistent as he has been so far this season. There were some very good moments from him, but it was mixed with garbage, including 2 shockers off the top of my head...
1. Dropping the ball cold, giving the Eels possession and a new set of 6 in our half.
2. That awful miss on Rad when Rad ran around him and scored in the corner (and that was one of a few times he missed him during the game)

If you think last night's performance from Lyon is what constitutes the "best" then I'm sorry, but I completely disagree

I heard Dally Messenger once dropped the ball, and I don't think Lyon is the first person Rad has beaten.

That you consider two things that happen to every single player in the game to be "shockers" is a worry.

Those reckoning Scott was somehow faster than Turbo (lol) are also claiming Scott is faster than Semi - who couldn't make any ground on Turbo at all.

Those who don't get what happened need to revise primary school geometry lessons. If Turbo had trusted his speed and run straight instead of diagonally, Semi would've been lucky to get him, and Scott certainly wouldn't have got within cooee.
I totally agree.

One issue I see with Turbo is that he doesn't back himself in the top grade yet. He has done something similar on a number of occasions where his first thought seems to be "where is my support?", then looks around and slows down too much in the process. He didn't do this in the under twenties - he would run flat out and back himself and then look for support if needed.

He needs to get a little more confidence and trust his speed and ability when in attack.

I heard Dally Messenger once dropped the ball, and I don't think Lyon is the first person Rad has beaten.

That you consider two things that happen to every single player in the game to be "shockers" is a worry.

That's fine. As I said, If you are happy with the performance of Lyon the other night that's your choice.

Not everybody drops a ball in a game as your comment insinuated, nor would I judge him on that incident alone. The miss on Rad was terrible, and it was also one of FIVE missed tackles for him (the highest of any player on the ground).

In my opinion that was a shocker, and I'm sure Lyon would be the first to put his hand up and admit he was well below his own high standards.

That's fine. As I said, If you are happy with the performance of Lyon the other night that's your choice.

Not everybody drops a ball in a game as your comment insinuated, nor would I judge him on that incident alone. The miss on Rad was terrible, and it was also one of FIVE missed tackles for him (the highest of any player on the ground).

In my opinion that was a shocker, and I'm sure Lyon would be the first to put his hand up and admit he was well below his own high standards.
Starting to think this reaction HK is emotional....these players like Lyon & Snake, though not great but world class players will be short lived....& in 2-3 weeks will be singing their praises.

Last edited:
Seriously mate - wake up & smell the roses champion.
"The ground was soft and full of holes" lol

So your saying that the part of the ground Scott was running from was an Olympic training track ?

If you had a closer look at the run, both scott and turbo start about 15 meters in from opposing sidlines.

Whilst Turbo puts the foot down, Scott must turn and chase. @ the half way line Turbo has a meter on Scott, but both are running diagonal lines meaning they both cover equal distance. Semi is also gaining easily.

Turbo gives up because he knows he's no chance and loses the ball.

Turbo is no turbo. He's slower than a 30yo + second rower with wonky knees and a bung shoulder.

He'll lose all confidence in his ability from here in I'm afraid boys.
Your the best fake manly supporter ever. Tom was not run down, he was hearded towards Scott by semi plus Tom wasn't at full pace he was worried about Semi. Scott had a 30 meter start. Tom is the next Australia fullback and a Nsw fullback. Shut up go give james hasson a blowjob

Starting to think this reaction HK is emotional....these players like Lyon & Snake, though not great but world class will be short lived....& in 2-3 weeks will be singing their praises.

How did you come to the opinion that my reaction is emotional? That's an interesting choice of labels as I'm one of the few people listing specific examples and incidences to back the opinion I've formed. And if you read the opposing views that have been in discussion with me directly, they are not providing specifics.

The best argument mounted is that because Snake came back into the team and we started winning, therefore snake is the reason we won. Anyone who is familiar with logic, or scientific study will point out the flaws in that argument. Not to mention, completely ignoring the fact we have lost 2 games with him. Now, he may indeed be a significant factor in certain improvements in the team (I've acknowledged as much throughout multiple posts), however, that does not change the arguments I have mounted about poor performance in various key aspects of his game.

If anything, I have gone out of my way to leave emotions and adulation for players aside and look at it honestly and objectively. I save the emotions for the ups and downs during the actual games. :)

Your the best fake manly supporter ever. Tom was not run down, he was hearded towards Scott by semi plus Tom wasn't at full pace he was worried about Semi. Scott had a 30 meter start. Tom is the next Australia fullback and a Nsw fullback. Shut up go give james hasson a blowjob
You're being a bit naughty Turbo. But I like it.:D

How did you come to the opinion that my reaction is emotional? That's an interesting choice of labels as I'm one of the few people listing specific examples and incidences to back the opinion I've formed. And if you read the opposing views that have been in discussion with me directly, they are not providing specifics.

The best argument mounted is that because Snake came back into the team and we started winning, therefore snake is the reason we won. Anyone who is familiar with logic, or scientific study will point out the flaws in that argument. Not to mention, completely ignoring the fact we have lost 2 games with him. Now, he may indeed be a significant factor in certain improvements in the team (I've acknowledged as much throughout multiple posts), however, that does not change the arguments I have mounted about poor performance in various key aspects of his game.

If anything, I have gone out of my way to leave emotions and adulation for players aside and look at it honestly and objectively. I save the emotions for the ups and downs during the actual games. :)

You are simply pointing out problem issues.... the fact Stewart has been involved in 5 tries for Manly....picked up in defence by 50% & Manly only started winning since he came back, show facts rather than opinion.
Keep in mind specifics...as in statistics.... apart from showing winning difference...are very subjective.
Not sure who /when/why you battled to prove your indiffences, but truth is ...regardless of your honest observation, Manly improved dramatically with Stewart & are 3-2 with him & potentially 5-0 with him.
Let's have a stand off for now & talk in 5 weeks time....I accept "honest " apologies mate, so your all good

You are simply pointing out problem issues.... the fact Stewart has been involved in 5 tries for Manly....picked up in defence by 50% & Manly only started winning since he came back, show facts rather than opinion.
Keep in mind specifics...as in statistics.... apart from showing winning difference...are very subjective.
Not sure who /when/why you battled to prove your indiffences, but truth is ...regardless of your honest observation, Manly improved dramatically with Stewart & are 3-2 with him & potentially 5-0 with him.
Let's have a stand off for now & talk in 5 weeks time....I accept "honest " apologies mate, so your all good

:rofl:

Yes, completely agree with that fact. However, that fact does not mean that Stewart CAUSED that improvement. It merely demonstrates he was part of the team when improvement occurred. There are other variables involved, which could have had an impact on that change, and like Stewart's presence, cannot be measured. You have just formed an opinion based on the fact there was improvement (which I understand and respect).

Lol re honest apologies. I expect to some extent, Snake will show his brilliance, albeit, in more infrequent inconsistent doses compared to past (my opinion). I hope as a fan he does much more. If you read my arguments fully and carefully, you will find I have not suggested he be dumped or immediately swapped out for Turbo or whoever else. I have just pointed out his poor and/or inconsistent performances in certain specified aspects the last 4 games, and questioned how this sits with his future and the transition with Tom.

I also hope that anything I have posted hasn't upset you to the point you feel you may require an apology in 5 weeks @:D

Not that upset champ... You deserve an opinion right or WRONG....
Personally feel the team will/would have grown each passing game.
Difference is not so much what we see ON the ball....but what Stewart brings to each player individually...this is why we are 3-4 instead of 1-6.
I can see why people are concerned with certain uncharacteristic errors Snake has made, especially against Eels, but watch out when calling out a champion of his standards....will leave you looking stupid as he cuts loose in a team gaining momentum in the near future.
Forget any apologies in 5 weeks....regardless of results can see you are a crazed Seaeagles supporter as am I...we hold no grudge.....simply stick solid through thick or thin unlike other fair weather supporters....

Lyon has been far from his "best" this year, and last night was again inconsistent and disappointing from him
Still he is the third highest point scorer this season in the NRL. Not a bad effort for a so called inconsistent out of form player hey...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8