Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is a great signing - young, talented & outside the square - no doubt can attack & probs be in the 9's pre season.
Defence is the big question with RU players but he appears a solid lad so if the attitudes good, should handle it.
Looking foward to a few of these new signings in action, could be some spark & fast paced footy at Brookie in coming years!!

He should start in the NYC, see how he goes there for 1/3 of a season. If he excels, move him to Premier League for a 1/3 of a season. If he excels, shift Lyon back to Centre and give him a go in firsts.

With Gutherson, Hiku, Matai, Trbojevic, Lyon, Stewart, Taufua & DCE all trying to squeeze into 7 spots as it is, things are tight, and competition is rife for positions in the team.

Reading some FB posts about him from people who have watched in GPS they reckon he thinks tackle is something you take fishing

Wow. What a step, what speed, what passing ability, what defense. He's not as solid and tough as Foran...yet. But he's a damned lot more clever. What a balance with Cherry-Evans.

Has Manly wrapped up Demetriou and Knight. Two fine talents in U20s. Demetriou looks like a young Noel Cleal only faster.
I hope so, surely bozo would have the spread on all the NYC players and no doubt there's been agents sniffing around, players of their obvious class need to be tied up asap.

He has a long way to go before even being considered for first grade but it's good to see the club taking a punt on some talented youngsters.

Had surgery on his knee today. Hopefully it went well. From all reports his defence needs a lot of work, both technique wise and attitude wise. Attack looks promising and from what I've heard he's a pretty decent kid. Worth a go.

Wow. What a step, what speed, what passing ability, what defense. He's not as solid and tough as Foran...yet. But he's a damned lot more clever. What a balance with Cherry-Evans.
Surely that analysis isn't from the highlights? He tackled a 40kg 15 yr old.

The way he moves reminds me more of blake Austin than anyone, seems like a bit of a hog. Not the Classy Union Fly Half I had on my Christmas list. Obviously a talent no doubt but I'm not sure he will gel with DCE seems to play off the cuff similar to DCE, I think DCE really shines with Forans regimented left side taking care of the organising.

Bit of a smoothie i believe.
Surely that analysis isn't from the highlights? He tackled a 40kg 15 yr old.
People talking him up for first grade after watching a sevens highlights packagePlease !didn't even make australian schoolboys. If you look into it you will see a kid called dan england in the Aussie schoolboys team ,vice captainof our harold matts team 2 years ago, how comes we let this kid go?ps a local junior as well

Any truth to the rumour that James Beam and John Walker will be the props, with John "Jack" Daniels at hooker next year, or is the person who told me that taking the piss?
I believe Glen Fiddich has also signed.

Yes I guess I was getting overly excited by a few snippets of the youngster's play. Mind you he is only 18. But I guess I'm living in hope that before I die I see another Fulton like player emerge...and I guess I should remember Fulton was 17 when he first played for Manly firsts. The dreams I'm afraid of an old fart.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7