Tom...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have to look at the positives. Even though we lost we did it too our selves. Jakes no try, plus the one where is was stripped by the grub plus Jorge dropping a pass where he had potential to score. Next year will be better

Young Tom has progressed so much so quickly that seeing an error like that reminds you that he is so young and inexperienced. As horrific an error it was and how costly it was. I credit him for attempting to attack the bouncing ball. The percentage play was to dive on it. He will be a better player for this mistake.

'The bounce of the ball win', that's the only life lesson Turbo needs to take from the game.:)

Whilst Manly needs to learn that everyone rushing up to stop a field goal, exposes the tryline for a chip and chase play. It was a clever play by Grubby. :clap:

Manly's Season ended at Pirtek at any rate :mad:

Young Tom has progressed so much so quickly that seeing an error like that reminds you that he is so young and inexperienced. As horrific an error it was and how costly it was. I credit him for attempting to attack the bouncing ball. The percentage play was to dive on it. He will be a better player for this mistake.
This was definitely a great learner for him, he will have a lot of respect for the Little Grubber Kick from now on......

Tom is fine. He's developing into one of the very best. If he didnt make mistakes at his age I would be worried. You need errors to teach you where you need to improve. He's not a robot. He'll make many mistakes as he develops, but he'll get better and better. This discussion will be a 'what the heck are they talking about' issue in a year or two.

Tom Turbo, the one player that didn't deserve to miss that ball. I'm so disappointed for him, he is battered and bruised and on one leg and still was there at the end. Hopefully this isn't a ben hunt incident.

Turbo, it wasn't Tom's fault.

The blame rests squarely with Barrett for not sending a runner with a message half way through the play telling him to catch it.

PS( getting down to the low ball is another reason a 6'5" 120kg lad will be in the 2nd row by the time he is 25)

He is hobbling around on one leg, I'm sure his mobility is being affected by it so those low rolling balls are extra tough when you're 6'4.

Imagine if Dylan Walker had let the ball go through his legs for the match losing try.
He would be hammered from post to post on the forum.
First graders should not make those mistakes
I was thinking about that sort of thing not long after it happened, image if it was Brown or Williame he would be crucified.
But then I started to realise that for every mistake Tom makes he does many great things and always puts on maximum effort. Can the same be said about walker?

that ball did a Benny Hill on him,if Killer had kicked the penalty then he wouldn't have to had played at the ball,the kid 19 ,he will get to superstardom in his own time

Who knows, after over 80 minutes of football, Tom's dicky ankle mightn't have allowed him to move as freely as he'd have liked, hence the miss.

Last edited:
He's still essentially a boy holding his own in one of the toughest competitions in the world. We are only witnessing a fraction of both Tom's and Jake's potential.

that ball did a Benny Hill on him,if Killer had kicked the penalty then he wouldn't have to had played at the ball,the kid 19 ,he will get to superstardom in his own time

If Jake had not dropped the ball twice over the line. If, if, if.
Mistakes have cost manly on every close loss. The good teams do not make those errors on a consistent basis.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6