Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To the tune of Hall & Oates’ ‘Back Together Again’:

Turbo’s injured again, Turbo’s injured again, Singing the same old story,
Turbo’s injured again, Turbo’s injured again,
The old injuries never end,
Gives you reason to abuse him….

Well with a bit of luck - he will be right for round 1 all the best Turbo
But maybe he should consider other types of treatments , special strenthening exercises and preprations to get his hamstrings right once and for all - Maybe Latrell's treatment in USA should be considered as an alternative treatment
Go Manly Go Turbo

Look he a champion player when fit dominated origin, tests and won a dally m.
It sucks, we do need to essentially have a first grade level back up. As it seems at best your looking at 16 to 18 games a year.
But we be crap without him (as we have seen) and 3/4 comp would foam at mouth to have him.
Be back round 1

Sadly this is his career we all know he will play great games for us but we can't rely on him that is the sad truth.

I expect him to be fit for round 1 but with his history I think it is a safe bet that he injures a hammy again this season.

This isn't a one off with him and we can't have confidence in him coming good he is always on the edge.

I feel bad for him really as he could have been an all time great now sadly he will be remembered for his body letting him down

The best part is the injury occurred in the off season the bad news it just confirmed his hammy's are chronic.

I wish him well for his sake but also ours as we need him desperately.

Hello!!!!!!

Frank Walker from National Tiiiilllllllessss
haha reminded me of this
knuckle.jpg

11 weeks this Saturday before our season opener. After seeing that I'm not confident he will be fit as with his history they will be ultra conservative.

Be interesting to see who gets first crack in the trials hopefully Weekes.

does That pre-suppose that there is anything that can be done ...
Not really but just thinking of the massive value of players in some sports, especially in the USA. Or European soccer. If a $50m player hurts a hammie what does their club do? Are we doing that? I guess also because couldn't help noticing the Chooks Rabbitohs sent Mitchell to the US, we sent Turbo to Melbourne...why didn't they just send Mitchell to Melbourne?

Last edited:
It’s time we move on from him as permanent fullback. Fair enough he may return next year. But we need to stop stuffing around with these setbacks and place a new permanent number 1. Weekes or Garrick the obvious choices.
If he wants a spot in the 13 he needs to come back as either winger or centre, if he goes down again it is not detrimental to the spine and combinations.

Hopefully Seibold and Flanno drop the hammer on it.

11 weeks this Saturday before our season opener. After seeing that I'm not confident he will be fit as with his history they will be ultra conservative.

Be interesting to see who gets first crack in the trials hopefully Weekes.
Yeah, good opportunity for Weekes to showcase his talents in case Tommy or Garrick can't make it.

It was reported that Turbo won the YoYo test at Sea Eagles training two days ago. (In previous years, DCE dominated in this test). I wonder if this was a condition for his hammy tearing the next day? Is this type of training (bursts over a short distance till exhausted) counter productive for his hamstring health?

"The Yo-Yo test is a maximal aerobic endurance fitness test, involving running between markers placed 20 meters apart, at increasing speeds, until exhaustion."

The training regime that kept Turbo's hamstrings in good shape throughout 2021 was regular high speed sprint drills

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10