Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From Paul Crawley

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Less than a day after Manly posted a TikTok video cheering on Tom Trbojevic as “last man standing” in a preseason Yoyo torture test, the champion fullback has suffered another shattering hamstring injury.
And while it remains to be seen how long the superstar Sea Eagle will be out of action after he was sent for scans on Wednesday, it has definitely delivered new coach Anthony Seibold his “biggest challenge” since taking over from Des Hasler.
That is the expert opinion of the respected NRL Physio Brien Seeney, who told The Daily Telegraph: “I think Seibold’s biggest challenge going to that club is keeping Tommy on the park at this stage.
“Because it is obvious whatever, I guess, training methods they have gone with so far just aren’t getting the job done, unfortunately.”
CASUALTY WARD: Injury news from every club
Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has suffered yet another hamstring injury. Picture: NRL Imagery

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has suffered yet another hamstring injury. Picture: NRL Imagery
It comes after The Telegraph broke the news online on Wednesday that Trbojevic had gone down clutching at his right leg during an opposed session at Narrabeen.
It is Trbojevic’s fifth hamstring injury since 2019.
But while the initial three occurred on his left leg, this is now the second in a row on his right leg - the same hamstring he injured during his infamous late night sprint down the Corso in February 2021.
On this occasion Trbojevic was said to have been only cruising and not sprinting when he pulled up at training, but he immediately knew he had a problem.

He was then helped from the field before he sat with his head between his hands looking absolutely gutted.
Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov confirmed the club was awaiting scan results: “Tom didn’t finish the training session and has gone off for a precautionary scan.
“I can’t say any more.”
A shoulder injury suffered in round 11 was the end of Tom Trbojevic’s 2022 season. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

A shoulder injury suffered in round 11 was the end of Tom Trbojevic’s 2022 season. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
INJURY MANAGEMENT COULD GET TRICKY
Seeney gave his verdict on how delicate and difficult it will be managing the training workload given Trbojevic worrying history.
Seeney said while it was most likely Trbojevic should be fit for Round 1, unless it had been completely torn off the bone, he added in a Tweet: “Obviously of more concern is adding another strain to his hamstring injury history”.
Asked to elaborate on that, Seeney explained: “When I say concern, if it is his right again, you are adding more scar tissue to the hamstring.
“There is more danger of weakness to persist, strength deficit, those kind of things.
“And especially because his right you would say is his good hamstring … but obviously it has gone again.”

He said the fact the injury occurred when he was not running at full pace “is a good thing”.
“Because usually at full pace it is going to be a significant tear or something like that,” he continued.
“But it depends what they have done with him training-wise over the last couple of weeks.
“Whether there has been too much build-up of load or something like that.”
Asked how the club would likely manage it in the future, he added: “I think Seibold’s biggest challenge going to that club is keeping Tommy on the park at this stage.
“Because it is obvious whatever, I guess, training methods they have gone with so far just aren’t getting the job done unfortunately.
“I thought (it was going OK).
“It won’t be quite two years (since the last hamstring injury), but it will be nearly two years since he suffered a hamstring injury.
New Manly coach Anthony Seibold will be hoping Trbojevic is ready for Round 1, given the team’s horrible win record without him. Picture: AAP.

New Manly coach Anthony Seibold will be hoping Trbojevic is ready for Round 1, given the team’s horrible win record without him. Picture: AAP.
“Effectively 2019/2020 were his bad years, and the start of 2021 was the ‘Corso’.
“So he hasn’t had one since the start of 2021.
“That’s the thing. I thought they had some sort of program in place and they seemed to be on top of things.
“The big thing is, even though it is another hamstring, it would have to have been completely torn off the bone for it not to be right for round one.
“They have got the best part of two and a half months until round one. Even if it is a grade two you are usually looking around six to eight weeks, which would still have him right.
“But they can take it extra slow with him (because it is preseason).
“He couldn’t have done it at a better time.
“It is just now, moving forward, I think it is how they are going to manage him in season to make sure that the risk of hamstring injuries is as low as possible.”
Reuben Garrick will likely replace Trbojevic, should he not be fit for Round 1. Picture: Getty Images.

Reuben Garrick will likely replace Trbojevic, should he not be fit for Round 1. Picture: Getty Images.
ONE MAN TEAM
The statistics show Trbojevic has only played a total of 44 of 97 Manly games since 2019, and without him the Sea Eagles only win 33 per cent of their matches.
Although his list of injuries extend beyond hamstring issues, having also suffered shoulder, knee and pectoral problems.
This season he did not play after suffering a shoulder injury in round 11.
Manly’s first trial game is against South Sydney in eight weeks at Gosford on February 10, while the Sea Eagles face Canterbury in their season opener on March 4.
Reuben Garrick is the most likely replacement for Trbojevic should he face an extended break.

More Coverage​

Market Watch: Is race for Moses down to three?NRL Rookie Watch: The 3 players to watch at every club
However, Garrick is also on the casualty ward after suffering a late season-ending shoulder injury himself.
The club is hopeful Garrick will be available for round one as well. The other option to play fullback would be youngster Tolutau Koula.
“NRL” physio strikes again!

Tele: Hey nrl physio will you offer a detailed opinion on a patient you haven’t examined?

Nrl physio: sure!

Just listening to 7 News reporter Michelle Bishop on SEN, she said she’d heard it is not too serious and likely a 3-4 week injury.

Hopefully true but we are likely to hear from channel nine or the Telegraph he will be out 9 months.
Media love guessing and then say see I’m in the know when they actually get one right.

The longer it takes to hear anything the worse the injury is.

The only positive out of all this I can’t see so much of the salary cap going towards Turbo on his next contract if these injuries keep continuing.

Maybe it’s time to move him into the centres, surely he won’t be as missed if he is injured playing there and find a fullback who is going to play every game.

The worst part of this imo, is not Tom has this reoccuring haamy issue which is NO surprise....just breaks any faint hope I had that his run of injuries may be over and we were in for a full injury free season of Tommy for 2023.....a reality check really !

There are far more valuable (in $ terms) athletes in other sports around the world, so we just need to find out who treats them when they have similar issues - and then just hope we haven't left it too late.

does That pre-suppose that there is anything that can be done ...

Just in hindsight , think that after being out for a while in early 2021 , Turbo did not have any more hammy issues or of note , before having that terrific run of form . Then last season, that knee issue that hindered him a bit early on before the season ending shoulder injury . So in that regard , since early 2021 and apart from the other day and unless i have missed something , seems to have done O K in regard to hammy issues . That pre game or probably pre training publicized stretching routine was apparently quite effective in recent seasons , maybe he did not apply it sufficiently recently , or conversely , maybe he should be trying some other variation . Still have the notion that suspect hammies are not as serious as say knee or shoulder injuries but in Turbo 's case unfortunately , the injuries are just not confined to any one set area .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10