Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A bit furious though with Woods telling the world it's a mental thing. Really not his place.
You think? Hardly a state secret I'd have thought. Noting Tom apparently tells everyone it's not a physical problem, aside from the one game he missed.
Do you think no-one has noticed he's not playing or running at full pelt! So if not physical injury it doesn't leave many explanations! @:D

You think? Hardly a state secret I'd have thought. Noting Tom apparently tells everyone it's not a physical problem, aside from the one game he missed.
Do you think no-one has noticed he's not playing or running at full pelt! So if not physical injury it doesn't leave many explanations! @:D
Sorry. The point really is about one team member publicly discussing the mental state of another. Not really a team then is it?

If I worked with you and I was struggling mentally and everyone in the organisation knew it, that's one thing. If you went and spoke about my problems in the media, I'd want to ****ing kill you.

seibs and DCE lined up the bus and all but threw schuster under it last week. this not so much

when woods says its mental i dont think he is alluding to an illness, but a lack of confidence. thats sports talk . his relationship with tom is probably the only thing to consider and if they are sweet its a non event. pretending helps no one.

now if woods leaked that tom was having night sweats and stiffy issues, well thats not cool unless he heard from lady of the woods i suppose.

all made up as a joke, no truth

seibs and DCE lined up the bus and all but threw schuster under it last week. this not so much

when woods says its mental i dont think he is alluding to an illness, but a lack of confidence. thats sports talk . his relationship with tom is probably the only thing to consider and if they are sweet its a non event. pretending helps no one.

now if woods leaked that tom was having night sweats and stiffy issues, well thats not cool unless he heard from lady of the woods i suppose.

all made up as a joke, no truth
Agree. Storm in a tea cup. He's not questioning his mental health. He's just saying he's struggling to put his injuries out of his mind. We can all tell that - it's very normal for that to happen. Nothing to see here - move along. Let Tommy work his way back at his own pace. Let Woodsie say what he's gunna say. I'm sure the only person who could be affected by his words (Tommy) probably couldn't give a crap what he said.

Agree. Storm in a tea cup. He's not questioning his mental health. He's just saying he's struggling to put his injuries out of his mind. We can all tell that - it's very normal for that to happen. Nothing to see here - move along. Let Tommy work his way back at his own pace. Let Woodsie say what he's gunna say. I'm sure the only person who could be affected by his words (Tommy) probably couldn't give a crap what he said.
mal meninga and michael o conner were 2 past legends that also had public struggles about overcoming the mental aspect of injury. many many more. its rumoured mal employed an arse wiper because he thought he might hit a hairy snag and take a whole arms off, such was his luck

the new day is to talk about your struggle to your support group and a man can admit when he is hurting in more ways than ever.

Sorry. The point really is about one team member publicly discussing the mental state of another. Not really a team then is it?

If I worked with you and I was struggling mentally and everyone in the organisation knew it, that's one thing. If you went and spoke about my problems in the media, I'd want to ****ing kill you.
Fair enough I hadn't thought of that, assumed it was more like what jbbJames described.
Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

mal meninga and michael o conner were 2 past legends that also had public struggles about overcoming the mental aspect of injury. many many more. its rumoured mal employed an arse wiper because he thought he might hit a hairy snag and take a whole arms off, such was his luck

the new day is to talk about your struggle to your support group and a man can admit when he is hurting in more ways than ever.
I'm now sorry I chose to read some ST over lunch.

Its must be tough for Tom. So much talent and but so much time out. He knows chronic injuries have ended other careers prematurely and that is the demon he needs to excise. I'd be playing him at 5/8 for a few weeks where he doesn't have to stretch out in open spaces as much at least until he gets his confidence back and Schu gets fit.

Its must be tough for Tom. So much talent and but so much time out. He knows chronic injuries have ended other careers prematurely and that is the demon he needs to excise. I'd be playing him at 5/8 for a few weeks where he doesn't have to stretch out in open spaces as much at least until he gets his confidence back and Schu gets fit.
From his debut I've always been nervous watching Tommy, with an injury seemingly just around the corner. Initially he looked like a rangy colt, unstable in his still developing body. As he grew into it, the injuries just kept piling up. I feel so, so sorry for this good hearted lovely young man.

Last edited:
Well, teddy hasn't been watching Tommy play this season. How can you pick him for Origin? Origin is brutal and unforgiving.
As I said in an earlier post, playing in Origin with elite players again could be the trigger for Turbo to regain his confidence. This would also benefit the Sea Eagles. On form, Graham deserves a centre spot, but Turbo could be selected on a wing.

So
1 Teddy
2 Crichton. Turbo?
3 Mitchell
4 Graham. Turbo?
5 To’o. Turbo?

No Turbo for mine, it’s to much of a gamble, not for Tom, for the blues. That’s a pretty strong back 5 and on form Tom shouldn’t displace any of them, sept say he has a blinder on Sunday and we roll the Sharkies off the back of his game, that will add some pressure to the process.

Well, teddy hasn't been watching Tommy play this season. How can you pick him for Origin? Origin is brutal and unforgiving.

Origin probably isn't the place for it, but maybe a getting through a brutal game like Origin is just what his head space needs to click back into gear. Forget the injuries, head down, bum up and just play.

You could see on Friday night when he all but pulled out of putting Cobbo over the sideline (which he could have done so damn easily.....) that he's worried a collision like that will see him injured again.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8