Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The biggest question for me is Turbo's lack of speed.

He's had no structural injuries (ACL etc), which is why his lack of speed is so strange.

Surely you cannot simply lose that speed in such a small window of time? If you see him live, he looks physically as good as he ever has.

It just makes me think that he is playing within himself when it comes to hitting top speed, because there is the fear of re-injuring himself.

He's had no structural injuries (ACL etc), which is why his lack of speed is so strange.

Surely you cannot simply lose that speed in such a small window of time? If you see him live, he looks physically as good as he ever has.

It just makes me think that he is playing within himself when it comes to hitting top speed, because there is the fear of re-injuring himself.
There are controlled studies that indicate a loss of speed with hamstring injuries. You’ve only gotta look at Matt Moylan to see the impact they can have. He has never been lightening but he used to have pretty good acceleration and after so many hamstring injuries, he gets run down by forwards now. I remember a Titans prop running him down a couple of years ago.

Tom’s lack of speed is a real worry because he looked like he was trying to run fast yesterday and simply couldn’t. I was right in front of the Nikora break on the hill there and Tom looked determined but was running in quick sand. Frightening.

So why don't we hear of Latrell having to own the fkn ground, and learn to run again as if in someone else's body?? Starting to think Knowles was paid by Souths to fk up our biggest asset. Would've much rather we get a fully functioning Tom for 8 weeks a year, than 24 weeks of this shiite

Maybe the backs could be positioned a bit deeper to allow Turbo a bit more room but also maybe or more likely just not enough effective go forward and quicker play the balls to have the defence more on the back foot and curb their line speed a bit . Cooper Johns not the most creative or sharp attacking type of 6 as well Dunno for sure , but those sweep plays that have had Turbo really shining and dangerous when he has played , almost non existent for a while now .

The Telegraph has not missed. Stating Fittler cannot pick him for NSW after an embarrassing game vs Cronulla.

SPEED LIMIT - sharks forward leaves Turbo in wake.

But we have been saying this all year

Lets see, last 3 weeks

A Tigers prop forward caught Turbo before he pass to DCE

Cobbo left Turbo gasping for air after he burnt him for speed.

Cronulla 2nd rower goes past Turbo as if he is Woods.

If he was a horse, he would be retired and out to stud.

Attachments

• 20230515_110111.jpg
    20230515_110111.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 14
There are controlled studies that indicate a loss of speed with hamstring injuries. You’ve only gotta look at Matt Moylan to see the impact they can have. He has never been lightening but he used to have pretty good acceleration and after so many hamstring injuries, he gets run down by forwards now. I remember a Titans prop running him down a couple of years ago.

Tom’s lack of speed is a real worry because he looked like he was trying to run fast yesterday and simply couldn’t. I was right in front of the Nikora break on the hill there and Tom looked determined but was running in quick sand. Frightening.
But there was zero loss of speed with those other hamstring injuries. He came back almost faster and stronger at times. Plus the most recent injury was quite minor in comparison to those previous injuries (he was back in 4-6 weeks). I can't see this recent injury being some sort of circuit breaker that meant he has lost all his previous speed.

The Telegraph has not missed. Stating Fittler cannot pick him for NSW after an embarrassing game vs Cronulla.

SPEED LIMIT - sharks forward leaves Turbo in wake.

But we have been saying this all year

Lets see, last 3 weeks

A Tigers prop forward caught Turbo before he pass to DCE

Cobbo left Turbo gasping for air after he burnt him for speed.

Cronulla 2nd rower goes past Turbo as if he is Woods.

If he was a horse, he would be retired and out to stud.
Happy to see this come true, he needs to prove himself again at club footy level first. He's only a shadow of his former 2021 self. What's a real worry is his defence, it's just basically throwing out an arm for Tom these days.

As I and a few others have been saying ... Tom's problem isn't a lack of confidence in his skills. He proved that with his silky little pass to his brother to put Garrick in. The real problem is that he has little to no confidence in his legs right now. He just will not stretch out for any more than 10–15 metres, and even then he's not running hard ... Nikora burning him proved that.

Tom may not be getting injured right now, but whatever Knowles has put in his head seems to have had a negative affect.

Here’s my 20 cents worth, I doubt his lost much of his speed, his just not allowing himself to use it anymore by running like he can.
I base this on the try he scored against the Storm, he burned Munster, not the quickest bloke , but no slouch either, if you watch that try again, he hit the burners for a few seconds and nailed Munster in a heart beat, then backed off to score comfortably, why he hasn’t gone on to trust his body and let it rip a few more times since then, I wouldn’t know, but its fair to say it’s probably structured around the Knowles situation.
If he didn’t go over there and try and change his gate and all the other BS, like owning the ground and what not, he would of just healed the hammy and returned to his devastating best, by just playing what he sees and running freely, just footy, no head BS.
I say put the muscle back on you worked so hard to gain, then lose and just run, there‘s no knowing if your old running style was to blame for the hammies in the first place, it’s time to trust the body again.

I’ve had a lot of experience with hammy injures.

He will be back is my prediction. As long as he is building without injury that’s the main thing.
That seems to be the case if he was training at 80% last week and that is the fastest he has worked since that last injury. Clearly an ultra conservative approach which is limiting what he can do on field if he sticks to it.

+1. Turbo has only ever looked threatening when Schuster is @ 6. But I cannot understand the reasoning for signing Johns when Weekes has been around the club for years and knocking on the door.
We signed him because we are the USA of the NRL .....

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

We sign any dud and the results show it. That there was a discussion about signing Flanagan Jr says it all.

ut its obvious to me - that Latrell got some different education to what Turbo got
Weird, and yet their physiques are almost identical!
Sorry for that sarcasm (🙇‍♂️) but really, each body and each injury is different, so how Mitchell is going has no relevance to Tom so far as I can tell.

Anyway he's not our main problem, Schuster's failure to stay on the park has been the major problem. Especially considering Croker's limitations at dummy half, and the fact the replacement 5/8s just haven't come up to standard.

Even if Weekes had been knocking the door down with top performances in the reserves we'd have more options. As it is, we are having to be patient, while Tom slowly improves, and the team slowly does ... everything! (get it?) :giggle:

Justin Timberlake Idk GIF

Tom isn't going to do jack sh*t out there until we get some playmakers around him. In 2021 he had Foran, Walker, Schuster, Jake, DCE either side of the field and he was running rings around teams because of the space those players created. Now he has Johns , who is deadset a speedbump one side and DCE whose trying to do everything the other. It's not going to work at all. We desperately need at least 3 ball players out there. Jake back in at prop, Schuster , if ever, back to an edge runner or playmaker at 12, GCKT at 9 and then perhaps Croker, Humphries or Materson at 6, Lawton to 13. If we don't find some creativity in those positions then Tom will continue to be completely ineffective.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8