Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I feel hugely sorry for him. I think his head is in all sorts trying to go from what's come naturally his whole life to seemingly the opposite.

And, even if he can stay away from all media (mainstream and social), he'd still be very aware that his nickname is 'Turbo' and he no longer has that which gave him his moniker.

Incidentally ... any codebreakers here?

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
I think any team in the current competition will struggle when a high percentage of their salary cap is sitting on the bench. If this groin is another long term injury a discussion needs to be had surrounding his contract situation or even potentially stepping away (only if he decides it’s what’s best for his body) but either way we can’t talk premierships until we are at least in a position where we can rely on our top #17 taking the field weekly and lasting 80 minutes.
He's on a long term contract, so, not much to discuss.

I wonder if there's any chance it was a bit of a wake up, as in he's so afraid of injury that he wants to come off at the first sign of a twinge only to discover its nothing?

One of the highlights of the 90s was getting regular updates on Ian Roberts' groin, he had a chronic issue, but still played at a very high standard.
Jeez. Updates on Ian's Groin back in the day. Now they would be some interesting statistics.

I wonder if there's any chance it was a bit of a wake up, as in he's so afraid of injury that he wants to come off at the first sign of a twinge only to discover its nothing?
In the famous words of one Braith Anasta,I’m no doctor but,I suspect his hesitance at the moment to go full throttle,a new running style and protect his hamstrings is causing issues elsewhere.

In the famous words of one Braith Anasta,I’m no doctor but,I suspect his hesitance at the moment to go full throttle,a new running style and protect his hamstrings is causing issues elsewhere.
I think it was more a case of slippery conditions and quite easy for your foot to slide along the wet grass, causing you to stretch out. Similar to Regan against the broncos last Friday night.

I think it was more a case of slippery conditions and quite easy for your foot to slide along the wet grass, causing you to stretch out. Similar to Regan against the broncos last Friday night.
Yes that probably was a big factor to it too,as DCE said at yesterday’s press conference.

Great news! I think we need to have a bit of patience with turbo. He has played such little footy over the last couple of years that even if his body was 100% it’s going to take the better part of this season to get his confidence and game back. Adding onto that he is learning new mechanics with his running style and seems to be thinking before doing. Hopefully with enough reps he can move it from left brain to right brain. I’m regards to moving him to centre Siebs made a good point in the presser that what’s not seen is how well he is organising our defensive line. Although we have had a few leaky games imagine how bad it could be with a rookie back there!

He's a top tier player and its always frustrating having such players out of the game. What will be will be as they say, but I expect all of us are hopeful that he gets through these issues not too far in the future and return to the field to become the amazing player, we know he is.

My wife works for a surgeon who operates on hernias (amongst other things), she said they have a lot of patients who have this injury but think it's a hernia.

She sends them to a physio in North Sydney who specializes in this injury and has developed specific exercises to fix this.

Great news! I think we need to have a bit of patience with turbo. He has played such little footy over the last couple of years that even if his body was 100% it’s going to take the better part of this season to get his confidence and game back. Adding onto that he is learning new mechanics with his running style and seems to be thinking before doing. Hopefully with enough reps he can move it from left brain to right brain. I’m regards to moving him to centre Siebs made a good point in the presser that what’s not seen is how well he is organising our defensive line. Although we have had a few leaky games imagine how bad it could be with a rookie back there!
I'm trying Yoda, I'm trying.
Recover well Tom.

Attachments

• 94a97cef39b7e202a1af94ae28c3aa84.jpg
    94a97cef39b7e202a1af94ae28c3aa84.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
Rain forecast all weekend so I wonder if that'll factor into whether he plays or not.
Wasn't it at Campbelltown during Covid we (and other teams) had multiple leg injuries (from memory, Turbo, Walker), and some discussions over the playing surface? I saw a lot of slipped footings yesterday, and maybe this played on our players' minds a little?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12