Tommy T Progression.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are f*&king serious?

Without going into too much detail just look at our win/loss record with him playing and him not playing - you may call that revisionist history but most of us undertstand what he means to this club and its success over the past decade.
Try some factual details. How did Snake win us the roosters game?

And let me add. I love Snake and am well aware of his value and importance. At the same time, I like to deal in reality and be honest. He had a very poor game against the roosters, so I'm not going to sit here and make some mythical story because I didn't like what happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy is in the mix for an origin wing spot. Hopefully Bozo will see he isn't rushed in this year though.
Especially because this will be another loser year because Gallen insists on his retirement Lap of Honour.

Our record without Snake, has been glaringly obvious over the years. But that is about to change, it's been that way for over a decade. Without disrespecing a true Manly great, he does appear to be weak physically, compared with opposition players. Our captain does also. Tom is running 200 mtrs pretty consistently, which is outstanding at his age. I feel it's disrespectful, to force a club legend/s, to retire. But in saying that, I think it's obvious that at least two of our current starters, need to hang up their boots.

Interestingly Buzz Rothfield has a bit on Tom as a bolter for Origin in his column tomorrow. He said he's a certainty for the City Team and Laurie Daley is a huge fan and will be keeping a close eye on him.
Didn't he have Tommy in the training last year emulating Billy slater for their defensive drills? Which to me says they see a lot in him and thought it would be good to have him around origin camp.

I'm a bit torn on Tommy with origin, I do remember in 2011 hoppa being picked after 7 games or something and he performed very well (much better than last year). I'm just not convinced Tommy is ready this year. City, definitely great idea.

The question is will the experience on the wing (with perhaps the chance to fill in at FB on whatever occasion Snake is out) be more beneficial to his development than putting him at FB to learn from the position directly.

I tend to believe that for the rest of this year it is the better approach looking at the overall impact it may have on the team. However, I would question whether that approach should go any further than this season, and the change may even need to be considered sometime this season if Snake continues to struggle.

It depends on how he learns. Getting a couple of days as the "boss", trying things out, improving / making mistakes and then having the luxury of going back to a lower pressure role and watching how one of the best in the business handles things. Rinse and repeat.

Works well for a lot of people in a lot of industries - I can't say for sure it will work for Tom T but I hope he's making the most of it.

Regardless - the kid is good, he will go far :)

Just read an article in the paper which says Tom T is all but assured a spot in city origin. Daley is is a big fan of Tom and is close to locking him in for a spot on the wing in origin.

Just read an article in the paper which says Tom T is all but assured a spot in city origin. Daley is is a big fan of Tom and is close to locking him in for a spot on the wing in origin.
He certainly deserves the recognition, I just freak out about the possibility of injuries.
I think it was last year against Penrith when he picked up that ankle injury, and it's seemed to trouble him a few times since then.

Our record without Snake, has been glaringly obvious over the years. But that is about to change, it's been that way for over a decade. Without disrespecing a true Manly great, he does appear to be weak physically, compared with opposition players. Our captain does also. Tom is running 200 mtrs pretty consistently, which is outstanding at his age. I feel it's disrespectful, to force a club legend/s, to retire. But in saying that, I think it's obvious that at least two of our current starters, need to hang up their boots.

It is sad but Matai and Lyon have lost a bit of speed and other clubs are targeting this. Unfortunately, all some fans remember is the Matai big hit and forget about the half a dozen or so missed tackles. Brett Stewart is becoming a target as well. With these three in the same team, we will be a mid-table team at best.

Snake has proven me wrong too many times when I thought he was done to say it's time for him to move on. I think this year should be his last though. He will carve it up in the UK for another three years or feel the pressure of a young buck coming for him and the increased physicality and intensity of NRL footy. But I'm happy to be proved wrong. Tommy will be right stepping up as Acting Fullback now and then and watching and observing in those occasions he is on the wing.

Andrew Johns had him picked in his blues side in the footy show this morning. I really liked his team.

Joel Cain made a good point on the Warriors roosters coverage that minichelo spent 3 years on the wing before moving to fullback and RTS did a similar apprenticeship.

Especially because this will be another loser year because Gallen insists on his retirement Lap of Honour.

Paul Gallen. Plays 47 minutes of round 1, misses the next 6-8 weeks through injury and is selected as captain for NSW.

Selections like that and they wonder why Queensland has won 9 of the last 10 series.......

Paul Gallen. Plays 47 minutes of round 1, misses the next 6-8 weeks through injury and is selected as captain for NSW.

Selections like that and they wonder why Queensland has won 9 of the last 10 series.......

If Gallen is the brains of the outfit we are doomed. But I am liking the number of young blues available. Problem is they wont get a look in. If Farah plays we are double doomed.

Even if Tom was ready next year for the 1. You don't move on a champion. Rotating fullbacks, like the Roosters did with Mini, or playing that old head on the wing like the Roosters did with Mullen is the way to go. Forget what number they both have on there backs and where they play, the longer Tom is in the same side as Brett the better he will be. Not the other way round.

If I was Tom (lol at me) I'd be listening and learning from snake's organisational skills at the back.

Team mates (and others) say snake's execution of the organiser role at the back is tremendous in helping Manly to win.

Once tom gets a handle on that.... roses on top of chocolate fountains (or something)

It is sad but Matai and Lyon have lost a bit of speed and other clubs are targeting this. Unfortunately, all some fans remember is the Matai big hit and forget about the half a dozen or so missed tackles. Brett Stewart is becoming a target as well. With these three in the same team, we will be a mid-table team at best.

I think everyone is underestimating the value of these 3 players Snake, Skivvi & Killer.

We loose them, we loose our culture. They are our leaders and the one driving that culture into our NEW team with NEW coaching staff.

Its no coincidence we started winning once snake got back on the field, sometimes there is more to winning games than scoring or setting up tries. He is one of our leaders and when he plays the rest of the team play more confidently.

Tommy T will have the 1 jersey 100%. He is still very green and needs more time to develop, his running game is really good but there are other aspects of his game that he needs to work on and that will come with time and experience. I think all this origin talk is way to premature IMO

How did brett help us beat the roosters? Fact is without brett at fullback we would be be lucky to win another game all year . Its no fluke since round 3 we have been much better. Geez.

That's rather selective story telling. Lol. How exactly did Stewart win us the rooster's game? Was it all those bombs he was defusing? The missed tackles? Oh, and last night was just a little "quiet" due to an injury! Lol No wonder the bloke is a legend of mythical proportions with a lot of the revionist history writing going on around here.

Haha, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I think it is time re Stewart and I will take the opinion of
Gould over the posters on here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8