Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don 't think that i have ever noticed a previous situation in Manly 's case and signing a junior like Latu Fainu on his present deal . 300 k per season for 4 seasons finishing next season , so certainly hope that he can or will be able to show some good level form after hardly being noticed last season . Just some exceptional ability shown a couple of seasons ago albeit in the under 16 's Just seems also quite a big lad these days and certainly hope that he has still maintained his overall ability . Will be evident soon enough with his inclusion now in the reggies and the additional demands there . With so much talent shown as a junior [ which he is still technically ] am still quite hopeful that he can kick on well now with a good injury free run .
Yeah obviously not all juniors become first grade stars but Latu has alot of hype. If he aims up in nsw cup it certainly food for thought given he and Josh schuster are both number 6s.

Probably can go to a relatively higher range for Koula but no more . Recall that the N R L back in the day had a form of a fighting fund to combat some union poaching , Joey Johns picking up like a mil bucks per season combined , unheard of over 20 odd years ago Unlikely these days unless there is some unexpected union activity or attempts raiding wise . Maybe cashed up a little bit but doubt that Union can manage or offer more then one or two big deals at a time or over some extended time . For a range of reasons ,hopefully a good chance that Manly can tie down Koula long term
The story's gone cold on Koula just lately since Suiialle took a big chunk out of what they can afford. They'll probably got for a few mid range 500k signings I'd say.

Marty was still on a back ended deal with Manly finishing last season . May have missed something but was not aware they are not permitted now if that is the case
I think Marty’s contract was signed before the below.

I remember Greenberg coming out a few years ago with this but this article suggests a strategy to limit how much a contract can increase by each year & approval can still be given by the auditor:

So backended contracts are allowed by the NRL again?
Sometimes they are not backended contracts feathered friend

Sometimes they are Back handed contracts

Either way they are both affective

The moral of the story
game plans
Defensive lines
records
and salary caps are all meant to be broken

I wonder what Talau's signing for 2 years so early in 2023 for 2024/2025 will do for team harmony, considering we are only 7 rounds into the season.

Both Harper and Parker are both off contract this year, without being re-signed. Parker is a Manly junior and if Talau is being signed ahead of him, I can see issues amongst the team.
Garrick is being paid centre $$ and Myers is a lot better prospect than Talau.

Of course we haven't re-signed Koula yet.

Why did we sign Talau??

Surely backline depth?

With Koula’s & Tuipulotu’s injuries & Garrick’s HIA we were very quickly found threadbare in the backs department.

Having depth means competition for spots so can only be a good thing.

Didn’t Seibs recently say something about Parker possibly transitioning to the back row too?

Surely backline depth?

With Koula’s & Tuipulotu’s injuries & Garrick’s HIA we were very quickly found threadbare in the backs department.

Having depth means competition for spots so can only be a good thing.

Didn’t Seibs recently say something about Parker possibly transitioning to the back row too?
Parker not a back rower

I wonder what Talau's signing for 2 years so early in 2023 for 2024/2025 will do for team harmony, considering we are only 7 rounds into the season.

Both Harper and Parker are both off contract this year, without being re-signed. Parker is a Manly junior and if Talau is being signed ahead of him, I can see issues amongst the team.
Garrick is being paid centre $$ and Myers is a lot better prospect than Talau.

Of course we haven't re-signed Koula yet.

Why did we sign Talau??
Valid point. i would assume it would-have them playing for there futures in the coming months . Footy can be cut throat and there club of choice and return will depend a lot on what they do with the opportunities presented right now. They are in the shop window

no way both are retained is my view, maybe parker

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8