Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You’ve come to a battle of the minds unarmed,go back to working on your conspiracy theories that other clubs are cheating the cap and Manly are hard done by
Booooom. Smashed me. How’s that bundy going? You know your defending Souths right? Lmao 🤣
To the minder that’s no doubt near you, please explain to @Nordburg that it’s a MANLY site. And please take the Alcohol off him.

Lines out…

Well signed and confirmed looks like. Not mad with it, he's not a massive upgrade from Parker and Harper but he's still better. Ceiling is there, it's whether he isn't another injury prone player we've signed. Him and Myers can fight for that centre spot in 2024, wouldn't mind him coming early though.

I'd like to think that, if you're Talau, you'd only sign with Manly if you believed that you could do a better job than what the Manly centres can & are producing.
As a Manly supporter that's fine with me!

Can't say I've seen much of him but bolstering our centre stocks is an obvious move. Parker apparently has chronic leg injuries so his future is unsure, and Koula may become too expensive for us.
Nice to know that someone is at the wheel planning future recruitment anyway.

Can't say I've seen much of him but bolstering our centre stocks is an obvious move. Parker apparently has chronic leg injuries so his future is unsure, and Koula may become too expensive for us.
Nice to know that someone is at the wheel planning future recruitment anyway.
Yeah at least there looking at change out there. Assume Parker and Harper won't be retained.
Assume centres next season Talau, Koula and upgrade Fletcher Myers. Like to see us chase Kalyn Iro

Whatever speculation or consideration to bring another centre in , surely highest priority is to extend Koula 's contract span , Just don 't get that type of quality on a regular basis and especially coming through a Manly pathways system . Get that Harper probably will not be retained despite him having a fair crack recently,, maybe different with Parker but Koula as the mainstay centre going forward , Fletcher - Myers on the fringe of establishing himself , then options like Talau and Iro , would seem to have some appeal .

They way I see it. We are a prop, hooker (maybe gordo) and 1 centre away from being a contender. Koula ties one spot up. Maybe we could go in house and shift turbo or rubes.

I gotta say after last week i perfer big bad ray over tiptoes for the other wing spot if rubes moves closer to the action
We were apparently chasing at 650k+ right?

We mush have some money

How much of that went into Olakau’atu upgrade I wonder ?
it all adds up , Garick and Saab upgrade , maybe the Shu as well , definitely Olakau - atu , Even guys like Froggy and Lawton but no doubt on a smaller scale . Koula upgrade most likely imminent . Could even be a couple of others .

it all adds up , Garick and Saab upgrade , maybe the Shu as well , definitely Olakau - atu , Even guys like Froggy and Lawton but no doubt on a smaller scale . Koula upgrade most likely imminent . Could even be a couple of others .
Yeah next one is Schuster given tartak already asking ...
Another never thought of is latu fainu contract would trigger upgrades once in seniors I assume

Whatever speculation or consideration to bring another centre in , surely highest priority is to extend Koula 's contract span , Just don 't get that type of quality on a regular basis and especially coming through a Manly pathways system . Get that Harper probably will not be retained despite him having a fair crack recently,, maybe different with Parker but Koula as the mainstay centre going forward , Fletcher - Myers on the fringe of establishing himself , then options like Talau and Iro , would seem to have some appeal .
As long as we don't get in a bidding war, have seen where that takes us in the past, and it's pretty s... tbh.

Yeah next one is Schuster given tartak already asking ...
Another never thought of is latu fainu contract would trigger upgrades once in seniors I assume
Don 't think that i have ever noticed a previous situation in Manly 's case and signing a junior like Latu Fainu on his present deal . 300 k per season for 4 seasons finishing next season , so certainly hope that he can or will be able to show some good level form after hardly being noticed last season . Just some exceptional ability shown a couple of seasons ago albeit in the under 16 's Just seems also quite a big lad these days and certainly hope that he has still maintained his overall ability . Will be evident soon enough with his inclusion now in the reggies and the additional demands there . With so much talent shown as a junior [ which he is still technically ] am still quite hopeful that he can kick on well now with a good injury free run .

As long as we don't get in a bidding war, have seen where that takes us in the past, and it's pretty s... tbh.
Probably can go to a relatively higher range for Koula but no more . Recall that the N R L back in the day had a form of a fighting fund to combat some union poaching , Joey Johns picking up like a mil bucks per season combined , unheard of over 20 odd years ago Unlikely these days unless there is some unexpected union activity or attempts raiding wise . Maybe cashed up a little bit but doubt that Union can manage or offer more then one or two big deals at a time or over some extended time . For a range of reasons ,hopefully a good chance that Manly can tie down Koula long term

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8