Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well he is a fringe first grader in the worst side in the comp.
And that’s where the issue lies we are rebuilding/restructuring/ whatever this is and getting rid of and then getting the wrong pieces.

It’s like they have a blindfold, a dartboard and the squads for the bottom 8 teams and they are trading contracted talented potential for whatever the dart hits

Talau will be right up there with Tuilagi and Aloiai. We've severely over rated the mediocrity, and probably paid through the nose for more crap, which is why we are losing all our young talent like :

Sione Fainu
Latu Fainu
Samuela Fainu
Tuitavake
Fifita
Weekes
Harper (no big deal)

We can't keep losing this, and acquiring the Woods, Talau, Tuilagi, Condon types here. It's almost like someone within the club is sabotaging us.

Just have not seen much of Talau at all . Some views that he has something to offer and ahs real promise and should get better , others that he can be quite ordinary .
Did not mind the suggestion of signing Iro from the Sharks but he has not cracked their i st grade side this season to my knowledge so really just do not know conclusively what upside he may have .
Then if Paulo shapes up , Garrick an automatic fit as a centre then . Maybe Talau has just been recruited for depth , certainly hope that they have not paid too much for him if that is the main intention

We also have Faulalo from NSW cup team scoring around 13 tries this season but can’t get a look in.
Talau is another dud signing from the worst team on the comp.
We have become a joke of a club when it comes to recruitment, coaching, and being accountable from the top down.

We also have Faulalo from NSW cup team scoring around 13 tries this season but can’t get a look in.
We have become a joke of a club when it comes to recruitment, coaching, and being accountable from the top down.
Watched Talau last night. Generally seems to move ok, has power, and has a bit of speed off the mark. But also needs some good coaching in the fundamentals of centre 3/4 play - such as draw and pass and the like.

From what I have seen from TaIau's speed and skill capabilities I can not see him proving any dynamic Impact to our backline or a threat to the opposition .

Our Premiership Winning Benchmark are our Premiership Winning Centres and he misses the Mark

Faulalo does look very promising. I hope he makes it - at Manly.
Can this promising player emulate any of our premiership winning centres ?

Because after all our Legendary Manly club is all about Winning Premierships

LOWER OUR LEGENDARY CLUBS GREAT STANDARDS AND WE STAND FOR NOTHING GREAT
1689905660295.png

Watched Talau last night. Generally seems to move ok, has power, and has a bit of speed off the mark. But also needs some good coaching in the fundamentals of centre 3/4 play - such as draw and pass and the like.
We can only hope he'll go up a gear for us in 24, seems to drop a few balls also, nothing that can't be fixed really. Not writing the kid off yet.

We can only hope he'll go up a gear for us in 24, seems to drop a few balls also, nothing that can't be fixed really. Not writing the kid off yet.
With the right coaching, maybe. But apart from Paseka, I havent seen any marked improvement in any of our players this year.

Last edited:
Yes, Faulalo looks like a footballer, Talau not so much. I reckon there may have been days this season when Blacktown could of possibly beat our first grade team. There is a lot of potential in the Backtown squad, many of whom will move on, at the end of the season, looking for an opportunity somewhere else as there seems to be no pathway for them to move up to first grade in our system.

With the right coaching, maybe. But apart from Paseka, I havent seen any marked improvement in any of our players this year.
My first reaction was hey that's not right but then I tried to think of counter examples ...

Dce has been consistently better. Garrick too I think. Then ... some guys have been better at times but I can't think of anyone else who was consistently better. Maybe bully when he comes off the bench in the middle. Burbo when he's played.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8