Tonight's game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What an imposter Fifita is. The Sharks only do well on his quick play the ball, but when he does it never gets to his feet. He just rolls it back & then collapses back to ground again. Referees let him get away with all the time.

Gallen on report for crusher tackle.

The Rorters must've opened the gates at the SFS for nothing to get that many there this arvo.

mickqld said:
The Rorters must've opened the gates at the SFS for nothing to get that many there this arvo.

They practically did. Kids free, massive deals on other tickets, a campaign to up their average crowd.

Shoe1 said:
mickqld said:

They practically did. Kids free, massive deals on other tickets, a campaign to up their average crowd.

And then claim some sort of tax loss on it I bet. Plenty of clever accountants and lawyers around that place.

10 minutes in and Maria has already done 3 psycho tackles ( 1 spear which should've been on report) and given away a couple of penalties

Suck eggs Roosters :p

Hope to see the Titans do the Scum next week too :)

This says it all about pretty boy SBW:
Physically demanding NRL pushes Sonny Bill Williams toward a rugby union return
PETER BADEL AND CHRIS GARRY THE SUNDAY MAIL (QLD) SEPTEMBER 01
SONNY Bill Williams' private concerns over the punishment his body is taking in the NRL is driving the multi-sport superstar towards a return to New Zealand rugby.

Williams runs out against the Titans at Allianz Stadium on Sunday, but he could have just five games left in Roosters colours as Super 15 side the Chiefs close in on a three-year deal.

Desperate to keep the marketable Williams, the Roosters have tabled a proposal to the NRL seeking greater flexibility in the salary-cap to prevent the Kiwi forward being lost to the code.

But the Chiefs are confident they have their man, with chairman Dallas Fisher to ramp-up talks with Williams' manager Khoder Nasser over the next fortnight.

At the heart of Williams' likely defection is the toll of weekly NRL football, the rigours of which subjected the 108kg powerhouse to a slew of leg injuries in his first rugby-league stint at the Bulldogs.

SBW stands to earn more money in rugby, but financial pursuits are an ancillary issue to his health as Williams, just turned 28, looks to prolong his career in the 15-a-side code and boxing.

Chiefs management have been told Williams has enjoyed his NRL stint, but the forward also fears he is being targeted on a weekly basis as the Roosters' headline act.

When he signed with the Roosters, it is believed Williams gave a verbal indication to club supremo Nick Politis that he hoped to back up for a second season at Bondi in 2014.

But discussions around a second year were never formally enshrined in his NRL contract and Politis accepts Williams has a sense of unfinished business in New Zealand rugby.

The former All Blacks forward is keen to play at rugby's 2015 World Cup, while a possible gold medal playing sevens at the Rio Olympics the following year is another carrot.

A New Zealand-based source told The Sunday Mail: "The Chiefs are very confident of getting Sonny Bill. I expect Sonny Bill to be at the Chiefs (next year) and it will be announced the second the NRL season is over.

"The word out of the Sonny Bill camp is that he is getting bashed in rugby league, he feels he is getting targeted and can look after his body better in rugby union and prolong his career.

"The Chiefs are really close to getting the deal done. With the Roosters in the finals, Sonny Bill wants to keep things low-key until their season is over."

It is understood the Roosters want the NRL to provide scope for Williams' other professional pursuits, meaning any earnings from boxing are not included in the club's salary cap.

"We have put a proposal to the NRL looking at a few specific situations," Roosters CEO Brian Canavan said.

"What we are looking for is for some flexibility in the salary cap for unique situations and Sonny Bill is a unique situation.

"I accept it must be fair and part of the salary-cap rules that every NRL club can operate by.

"First we need to Sonny Bill to say he wants to stay. He is an elite athlete, he has many opportunities available to him, but we'll make an offer when he indicates he wants to stay."

Chiefs chairman Fisher confirmed the province's interest but stressed Williams had yet to formally sign with the New Zealand Rugby Union.

"We are waiting for Sonny to give us an answer on what he wants to do, the ball is entirely in his court," he said.

"Our interest in Sonny is genuine and we are waiting to see how things pan out.

"We're not rushing him, we are waiting for him to get to a point where he will make a decision.

"He's very attractive to us. He is an outstanding athlete with an outstanding profile.

"He will forever be part of the Chiefs and we'd love to have him back."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/physically-demaning-nrl-pushes-sonny-bill-williams-toward-a-rugby-union-return/story-fni3fbgz-1226708279193

I wouldn't read anything into the roosters losing today. They have a far superior points differential to Souths, so next weeks game is still the battle for the minor premiership. Today's game had little meaning for them. Win or lose today they'd still be playing for the Minor premiership next week.
It's for the same reason that the storm were way off their game last night IMO. They also had nothing to play for. I predict the Roosters will be back to their best Friday night and the Storm will be too come finals time. It's going to a great finals series with the top 4 this year.

Another reason to play them. JWH giving away penalties and SBW going MIA when the going gets tough. We will do them. We must come 3rd cause the Chooks will be 2nd.

mickqld said:
Another reason to play them. JWH giving away penalties and SBW going MIA when the going gets tough. We will do them. We must come 3rd cause the Chooks will be 2nd.

Chooks will get the Minor premiership. They'll beat Souths with Inglis playing on one leg.

bones said:
mickqld said:

Chooks will get the Minor premiership. They'll beat Souths with Inglis playing on one leg.

With the pink clowns on their side the Chooks could field a team of immortals and still get done. There is no way Ch Nein and the NRL will have anything other than a "Pride of the League" win next week. 2013 the year of the manufactured fairytale.

As I said a few weeks back, Cordner is an unbelievable player for 21 ;)

I thought he would be a huge loss and impossible to replace and it is proving that way. He does a lot of the tough stuff and runs hard strong lines that nobody else in that team can do, well SBW probably could but the tough stuff isn't his go, he prefers the flashy options

Without Cordner running those lines on the right their set play is nowhere near as potent

Money Bill had a shocker. Set up one try but made several howlers. Easts looked poor. I think they are overrated.

Slater a protected species. That should never been given a penalty. It should 12-0 at halftime.

Stayed down like a dog. One of the worst penalties I have seen for a while. I hope the knights get up here. Another slater error as I type. Try

18-4......still a while to go but the Scum are rudderless.

Unless the pinkies intervene, they're gooooooone.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8