Tony williams bashers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is also a NSW and Australian capped winger at the start of his career. Hard to pass that up.

I think we need more genuine pace in our backs and a winger that can't score tries outside Lyon and Stewart would have to be the worst winger running round

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I keep reading about all these tries he has let in

Can anybody name a few of them ?
Kiwi Eagle link said:

Agree kiwi he got one wicked bounce against the dragons last week but most of the tries wingers cop are ones where there is an overlap
i can't recall many situations where he's missed tackles.The only thing that let's him down is his speed.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

How about Bernard, Hortense, and Cyril? Just a suggestion.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=184793.msg286671#msg286671 date=1282459944]
all he has to do is out run the props for hit ups, second rowers for second phase play, hooker for tackles, half back for kicks, 5/8 for try assists and full back for bomb taking.

piece of piss really

And spend more time on the bench than Chris Bailey.
[/quote]

More time on the bench than Jamie Buhrer?

I hope Des doesn't listen to these negative statements. T Rex is my number one winger by far . Lucky for wolfman and Robbo they have 3 year contracts cause one would have been released next year for sure. Its too late to experiment with T rex in the forwards so close to the semis maybe try it next year.

Barring injuries these are the backs we have to chose from next year.
Stewart,Williams,Matai,Lyon,Robertson,Farrar,TRex,Hopoate,Oldfield,Whare. Same as this year but with 2 speedy internationals back from injury.
How many more games would we have won with those 2 playing?????

mickqld link said:
How many more games would we have won with those 2 playing?????

Yep ive asked myself the same question, they even mentioned it on NRL on fox. With a Brett Stewart at 100% fitness i could see an average of at least 1 more try per game, even more.

mr seagles link said:
trex going to parra.....fact

From Tony's mouth in RLW

"I've got 1 more year left on my contract but I'm pretty keen to stay for a long time and I'm very happy with the club. I still love Parra because I grew up in the area and a bit of my heart is still there, but my opportunity is at Manly so I'm making the most of it"

Dan link said:
He is also a NSW and Australian capped winger at the start of his career. Hard to pass that up.

I think we need more genuine pace in our backs and a winger that can't score tries outside Lyon and Stewart would have to be the worst winger running round
Interesting arguments Dan.

T-Rex has 16 tries so far for this year making him the only Manly player in the top 20 in the comp.  He's 6th best in the comp.  11 tries can get you in the top 20. 

Odds for first tryscorer this week: T-Rex is 5/1 and best for Manly.

David Williams couldn't score enough tries to make the top 25 (11 tries) last season playing outside Lyon and Gifty.

So are you saying David Williams is the "worst winger running around"?

mr seagles link said:
trex going to parra.....fact

Given that you're the one saying it, he's probably on the cusp of resigning for another 5 years now. Fact.

I'd be shocked if Dave doesn't walk back into the team next year. He's got a better skill set than T-Rex on the wing & is ahead of him in leaps & bounds when it comes to heart. No doubt that the issue will be solved in the off-season, can't see it posing too many questions for Des.

I'd prefer to see T-Rex coming off the bench & working his way into the forwards. Gives us injury cover for the outside backs as well. A year of conditioning to play in the middle should see him do well IMO.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184793.msg286905#msg286905 date=1282543379]

Interesting arguments Dan.

T-Rex has 16 tries so far for this year making him the only Manly player in the top 20 in the comp.  He's 6th best in the comp.  11 tries can get you in the top 20.  

Odds for first tryscorer this week: T-Rex is 5/1 and best for Manly.

David Williams couldn't score enough tries to make the top 25 (11 tries) last season playing outside Lyon and Gifty.

So are you saying David Williams is the "worst winger running around"?
[/quote]

If you cant score 16 tries standing all season outside Lyon and Glenn Stewart in the form they have been in then you shouldn't be there.

Lets face it. he has recieved a lot of gifts from Lyon and funnily enough, Gifty.

Sure some of the tries he has scored have been good and he has scored them but all wingers are the same.

Robbo has had a quiet year because he never sees the bloody ball, whenever it goes his way Matai usually runs him out of room or finishes the movement.

Put Robbo outside Lyon and Gift and I am sure he would have scored 16 or more tries, and wouldnt have dropped the ball over the line as often as Fifi does.

Dont get me wrong Fifi has shown great potential and could be a devistating winger, but he has only shown potential and not really lived up to it for more than a few minor patches

Also some food for thought on the contract side of things.

T-Rex has one year left on his contract. Dave Williams has two.

Robbo isn't going to get dropped anytime soon, so from a team management standpoint it makes more sense to have Dave on the wing & move T-Rex somewhere else where he has potential.

They aren't going to leave an expensive Australian & NSW winger sitting in reserve grade because T-Rex showed flashes of brilliance amongst the rest of the lazy plodding he dishes out.

So you ARE saying David Williams is the "worst winger running around", Dan, that is, when he's not injured?

susan link said:
he is warming david williams seat for him.

Wow Susan, you obviously only saw the Wolfman in 2008, 'cos he had a shocker in 2009.

Fortunately, I think Tubular Oldfield is gonna big a mixture of Wolfie & T-Rex

The guy is no fifi,he scores more tries than any other manly player at 16,sure he has shown flashes of brilliance and flashes of pure ****,but the **** will iron itself out,that said id give him Baileys "utility" Spot on the wing,no questions asked

All you Bashers better praise Tony for today's effort.... You seem to give it to him when he doesn't play to your expectations....

He ran hard made excellent metres and was very damaging, cannot wait to see him in the 2nd row or off the bench as impact next year!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7