Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you can have the stats ,ill have Uate.

the bloke is a mental pussycat.

if you think we give it to him have a chat to blokes who dont support manly and have some idea.they all reckon he is ordinary and im with them.

and anyone with any sense doesnt blame him for the losses,the forwards are the real culprits.but that does not absolve him from having no ticker.

he may be an eel but i rate sterling as a football judge and he thinks williams is a hoax.that'll do me.

Wolfman will take his spot next year. I have heard a few rumors about T-Rex to Parra too, i think his heart is there anyway.

susan link said:
you can have the stats ,ill have Uate.

the bloke is a mental pussycat.

if you think we give it to him have a chat to blokes who dont support manly and have some idea.they all reckon he is ordinary and im with them.

and anyone with any sense doesnt blame him for the losses,the forwards are the real culprits.but that does not absolve him from having no ticker.

he may be an eel but i rate sterling as a football judge and he thinks williams is a hoax.that'll do me.

I find it hard to argue with any of that.

Personally I like the big unit and hope he keeps on improving.
Wolfman will have been out of the game for a fairly extended period of time, I don't think he will be the walk up start that some people think.

Don't be surprised if Trex is in the press soon for a pretty serious matter.

Can't say much though.

Sterling is an eel through and through and was filthy on Jamie Lyon for years after he walked out on Parra and used to bag him in his calls at every opportunity when he first came to Manly and when he played rep footy. In the early days if you listened to Sterling you would think Lyon was ordinary.

Sterling is doing the same with another Parra escapee in Williams - if we let this bloke go in my opinion it would be a big mistake.  When he tries to offload the ball almost nobody can stop him - the guy has massive potential and I already think he is playing better than the half the players we have in this team who never attract as much criticism.

Far from releasing him from a contract I would be extending him now not waiting until he goes to the next level and paying extra $$$ like we always seem to do.

byso link said:

Can't say much though.

Would it happen to involve booze and a vehicle?

mr seagles link said:
t-rex is going back to parramatta very soon....fact...good riddons

If it is that big a fact how much are you willing to put on it ?

I am backing what you have written is bull**** and will put something behind that to back it up

jwaa link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=184475.msg281718#msg281718 date=1280978513]

Can't say much though.

Would it happen to involve booze and a vehicle?
[/quote]

I thought that had already happened?

Anyway I agree with signing him up now, he'll get plenty of offers when his contract comes up. I can't get over how much he cops from fans if he makes a couple of mistakes.

The Indian link said:
Sterling is an eel through and through and was filthy on Jamie Lyon for years after he walked out on Parra and used to bag him in his calls at every opportunity when he first came to Manly and when he played rep footy. In the early days if you listened to Sterling you would think Lyon was ordinary.

Sterling is doing the same with another Parra escapee in Williams - if we let this bloke go in my opinion it would be a big mistake.  When he tries to offload the ball almost nobody can stop him - the guy has massive potential and I already think he is playing better than the half the players we have in this team who never attract as much criticism.

Far from releasing him from a contract I would be extending him now not waiting until he goes to the next level and paying extra $$$ like we always seem to do.

I agree Indian. It is exactly how I saw Sterlo react with the Parra losses, and as I see it at this stage with T-Rex. Susan may be right about personality but I will say that we don't have anyone who would do a better job that isn't injured.

What pisses most fans that are disappointed in T-Rex (including me) is his total perceived lack of enthusiasm. He has the physique to totally monster the opposition but rarely winds up enough to achieve this outcome. Just about every time he hits the ball up he pulls off a massive fend that sends the first defender scuttling, but, because of the lack of momentum the second and third defenders have little trouble containing him.

I know it's stating the bleeding obvious but for T-Rex to be effective he needs to wind up like a freakin choo-choo train.

its ironic that some bulldozers  have the word caterpillar on them ,, suit tony to a tee..;)

Gorgeous George link said:
What pisses most fans that are disappointed in T-Rex (including me) is his total perceived lack of enthusiasm. He has the physique to totally monster the opposition but rarely winds up enough to achieve this outcome. Just about every time he hits the ball up he pulls off a massive fend that sends the first defender scuttling, but, because of the lack of momentum the second and third defenders have little trouble containing him.

I know it's stating the bleeding obvious but for T-Rex to be effective he needs to wind up like a freakin choo-choo train.

It could be suggested though that as our leading try scorer he is being effective ?

Somebody wanted Robbo's stats as a comparison

Games 18
Tries 10
Linebreaks 10
Tackle Breaks 36
Runs 9.6
Metres 79.7
Errors 12

He has a touch of the Ali Lauitiiti's about him. Big unit with so much potential but rarely realises that potential. If he played like Vatuvei or Tuiaki then he could be a massive asset. He has definitely improved on last years efforts, so hopefully he'll keep improving and start putting a bit of aggression behind that big frame.

Chip & Chase link said:
He has a touch of the Ali Lauitiiti's about him. Big unit with so much potential but rarely realises that potential. If he played like Vatuvei or Tuiaki then he could be a massive asset. He has definitely improved on last years efforts, so hopefully he'll keep improving and start putting a bit of aggression behind that big frame.

Mate, have a quick look at Tony's stats for this season and Vatuvei's back in 2007, they are very, very similar, let's hope the same level of development occurs !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2