Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How much money these nuffies putting into the team these day's? nothing lucky to have 2 seats on the board people who actually pay the bills make the decisions and I'm loving it. The great part about it is Arko and Bozo both agree the midget had to go if it is good enough for these two legends it is good enough for me.

Oi ! Back off from the midgets ! We hide in gardens with colorful and pointy hats ready to strike ;)

Completely disagree. You think this would happen in say The Banking Industry? The CEO makes a decision, and the nuffies come out and completely undermine it? It's unprofessional @Duff plain and simple mate.

The club right now doesn't need this. It needs stability now that the decision is made. If they had issue with this, call The Penn's out behind closed doors or raise it with them on behalf of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board.

Don't undermine, and air all the laundry in public - PLEASE.
This is so far from the banking industry it's not funny. Passion? In the banking industry? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

@Mals explain why if you disagree. Read my last comment above this in this thread, and with that in mind, explain the benefit to the culture & atmosphere that article provided the club.

Looking forward to your list of actual benefits it all brings - or do you dislike, just "because?"
It's called the freedom of speech Ryan. The Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club is supporting one of his life members and because it is a separate entity to Manly Sea Eagles it has every right to voice it's opinion on major decisions like this one taken by the owners of the Manly Sea Eagles. It's role is not that of a "cheer leader", that must disappoint you but not me. I am sure the MWRLFC will wish Trent Barrett all the best in his role as the head coach of Manly once he formerly takes up the position.

I agree the statement from the board doesn't really help BUT they are elected officials and if they don't speak up on Toovey's behalf they risk alienating their own support base. It's not as if any of this 'who supports who' and who has axes to grind isn't well known to all. It's old news.

Emotion aside I felt Toovey had to go - I just didn't like the way the club was heading performance wise. Plus I was not convinced he was the right guy to take us forward from this position we are in right now. That said I don't kid myself their wasn't plenty of political reasons behind it all as well. Nor do I feel good about what happened to a club legend. .

But it's done. Case closed. Life goes on.

Also as far as the MWRLFC goes, if they think the undermining of Tooves has been a constant this year, where was their impassioned defence of him when we were coming last?
Why would they need to defend a coach when the team is having a terrible start to the season due to mass injuries ?

No, it wouldn't happen in the banking industry. The "nuffies" are paid employees. Paid by those in power to do the work that those in power decide needs to be done.
The FC are not paid employees. They are not there to "do thy masters bidding" or look elsewhere for work. They are there to be a watchdog, guarding the interests of the fans.
They are there to be the ACCC. They are there to be media watch. They are there to be choice magazine.

Do you think the ACCC undermines a financial institution for making a legal decision for the betterment (in a Bank's eyes) of their brand? No, because the ACCC would be flogged for it. If a particular person was involved, they'd be sacked.

There is keeping an eye on policy and procedure, and there is opinion pieces.

The Penn's have done nothing wrong. They met with Toovey, and MUTUALLY came to an understanding and agreement.

Doing what those gits on the board did, and basically walk up the the smoldering embers, throwing two litres of Shell Vortex onto it, sparking a match and throwing it, then walking calmly away didn't help.

Please don't suggest the Penn's have done anything illegal, immoral or wrong. Coaches are moved on. You think The Knight's fans are all committing Hurri Curri, or their board has released a statement disagreeing with their decision?

This article what an absolute shocker - obviously not written by people wanting to stabilise our backyard.

This is so far from the banking industry it's not funny. Passion? In the banking industry? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Yeah banking industry - I was part of one of the biggest ****fights in history - over 50,000 people let go globally to date. A lot of bull**** flying around at every single turn (the classic was "we have no liquidity problem" and years later I found out that two days later they almost had to close the doors).

When I got tapped, I simply packed my box, shook some hands, took my nice little pay out and got on with life. Best thing that ever happened to me. Hopefully it works out the same for Tooves...

It's called the freedom of speech Ryan. The Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club is supporting one of his life members and because it is a separate entity to Manly Sea Eagles it has every right to voice it's opinion on major decisions like this one taken by the owners of the Manly Sea Eagles. It's role is not that of a "cheer leader", that must disappoint you but not me. I am sure the MWRLFC will wish Trent Barrett all the best in his role as the head coach of Manly once he formerly takes up the position.

Ok fine, then forget about culture. May as well have Cliffy come out and suggest Penn is a farkwit, and challenge him (like some people do on these boards) to fisticuffs behind the toilets at Brookvale Oval.

There's a method for voicing an opinion. There's a time, spirit and approach to use. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the sentiment. What I'm unhappy about is the execution of their opinion.

It cries unprofessional. Imagine The Broncos management looking in on this. They'd be laughing themselves silly.

This thread should now move on to how we can farewell the little fella at the last home game.

One of those giant run through gizmos , with 2V leading them onto the field , and then a farewell lap on honour would be great.

Methinks none of that will happen and to be honest he'd probably just prefer to walk out the back door, hand the keys to the attendant and move on to the next part of his life.

I absolutely support the Football Club's statement. As a member they are 100% reflecting the way I feel.

To anyone who thinks that this statement is likely to show us as "a club in crisis" then I say wake the f**k up. Where have you been for the last few years.

Just relax - take a deep breath. Is anyone saying they disagree with it? People are saying they are disappointed with the way the board displayed their displeasure.

And what do you know, NRL on Fox are just now showing the statement from the board, and making it a big thing.

Well done you morons on the board.

FMD

Do you think the ACCC undermines a financial institution for making a legal decision for the betterment (in a Bank's eyes) of their brand? No, because the ACCC would be flogged for it. If a particular person was involved, they'd be sacked.

There is keeping an eye on policy and procedure, and there is opinion pieces.

The Penn's have done nothing wrong. They met with Toovey, and MUTUALLY came to an understanding and agreement.

Doing what those gits on the board did, and basically walk up the the smoldering embers, throwing two litres of Shell Vortex onto it, sparking a match and throwing it, then walking calmly away didn't help.

Please don't suggest the Penn's have done anything illegal, immoral or wrong. Coaches are moved on. You think The Knight's fans are all committing Hurri Curri, or their board has released a statement disagreeing with their decision?

This article what an absolute shocker - obviously not written by people wanting to stabilise our backyard.

Nope, never suggested they did anything illegal.
But it is the FC's job to ensure they don't. To report it if they do. To take control if they try to jeopardise the club.

I was simply pointing out the relationship between the two organisations, I was never casting any accusations. That's taking me out of context because your comparison to a business and its employees made no sense. You can state a point better than that. Try harder,

The main point was that they are a watchdog. If you have anything to respond to, that is the point to reply to rather than one of my examples of watchdogs that is only as closely related to this situation as say, a business and its employees.

Ok fine, then forget about culture. May as well have Cliffy come out and suggest Penn is a farkwit, and challenge him (like some people do on these boards) to fisticuffs behind the toilets at Brookvale Oval.

There's a method for voicing an opinion. There's a time, spirit and approach to use. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the sentiment. What I'm unhappy about is the execution of their opinion.

It cries unprofessional. Imagine The Broncos management looking in on this. They'd be laughing themselves silly.
Let's agree to disagree on this one. The culture of Manly is currently being destroyed by the Penns & Zorba not the MWRLFC.

Nope, never suggested they did anything illegal.
But it is the FC's job to ensure they don't. To report it if they do. To take control if they try to jeopardise the club.

I was simply pointing out the relationship between the two organisations, I was never casting any accusations. That's taking me out of context because your comparison to a business and its employees made no sense. You can state a point better than that. Try harder,

The main point was that they are a watchdog. If you have anything to respond to, that is the point to reply to rather than one of my examples of watchdogs that is only as closely related to this situation as say, a business and its employees.

Fair enough. But as we debate this, Fox News have picked up the boards comments, and are making it a huge thing now.

People happy now?

Just relax - take a deep breath. Is anyone saying they disagree with it? People are saying they are disappointed with the way the board displayed their displeasure.

And what do you know, NRL on Fox are just now showing the statement from the board, and making it a big thing.

Well done you morons on the board.

FMD
I show support for the Football Club statement and you say I need to relax and chill. Go back through this thread and look at your posts. Talk about the proverbial pot.

I'm relaxed and happy with the statement. I want the outrage from the football club out in the media. If you think our brand is going to be damaged by this then like I said - where have you been for the last 3 years?

How much money these nuffies putting into the team these day's? nothing lucky to have 2 seats on the board people who actually pay the bills make the decisions and I'm loving it. The great part about it is Arko and Bozo both agree the midget had to go if it is good enough for these two legends it is good enough for me.
You are entitled to your opinion, but please show a bit of respect to Toovey, to use that name you used is a real insult to a club legend. We can agree to disagree on the decision but it is not on to do that to an icon of our club.

I show support for the Football Club statement and you say I need to relax and chill. Go back through this thread and look at your posts. Talk about the proverbial pot.

I'm relaxed and happy with the statement. I want the outrage from the football club out in the media. If you think our brand is going to be damaged by this then like I said - where have you been for the last 3 years?

So let me get this right - you want "our club" the be wrung through the media with this board statement as Fox just did in Fox Sports News? Yes or no?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8