Toovey Era - The Inception

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope the bloke who had the groovy toovey sign in the mid nineties has kept it for this very scenario.

They don't come any more maroon and white than Toovey. He is talked about among the legends of the club in Bozo, Beaver et al but he never played a single game for any other club. Not a single club game in the UK, nor for a rival club. I take nothing away from blokes like Beaver who's loyalty to Manly cannot be questioned but Toovey is unique. Manly have a proud history of keeping the coaching role within the club and I think we'll see the trend of success under ex-Manly players continue. Every time Manly go through a dark patch, they come out the other side with premierships in sight.

firechild said:
They don't come any more maroon and white than Toovey. He is talked about among the legends of the club in Bozo, Beaver et al but he never played a single game for any other club. Not a single club game in the UK, nor for a rival club. I take nothing away from blokes like Beaver who's loyalty to Manly cannot be questioned but Toovey is unique. Manly have a proud history of keeping the coaching role within the club and I think we'll see the trend of success under ex-Manly players continue. Every time Manly go through a dark patch, they come out the other side with premierships in sight.

Great point firechild.

A quality that makes a fan proud to support this club, & its certainly a trait that other clubs cant emulate.

firechild said:

Wombat...lest we forget this legend, Randall, Krillich, Thompson...we have had heaps, but Toovey is one of the greatest.

firechild said:
Wombat played for Halifax.

Playing in Pommy land after you retire doesn't count in my book. Wombat smashed 'em over there too! Even when he was on a diet of Pie's and Pints lol

Same goes for Beaver-he could of been playing for us for the past couple of years....maybe that's Hasler's fault also.

I have no problem with anyone ending their career in the UK. Beaver still ranks #1 in my books and a few years at Bradford and Catalans makes no difference to the impact that he had on our club. As I said in my original post, it doesn't make any difference to their committment to Manly but Toovey is in a unique group of Manly legends who came through the Manly juniors and never took the field for any side other than Manly (and I'm including the Northern Eagles in that) apart from representative matches.

firechild said:
I have no problem with anyone ending their career in the UK. Beaver still ranks #1 in my books and a few years at Bradford and Catalans makes no difference to the impact that he had on our club. As I said in my original post, it doesn't make any difference to their committment to Manly but Toovey is in a unique group of Manly legends who came through the Manly juniors and never took the field for any side other than Manly (and I'm including the Northern Eagles in that) apart from representative matches.

Heard you the first time :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4