Top of the table

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roger said:
and now looking at our draw it looks a lot easier as we only play teams below us on the ladder

Yeah but some other teams have byes so they will probably overtake us. Hopefully we play them before they overtake us otherwise those matches will be harder.

We have a pretty tough run home, hopefully that includes several good, injury-free wins still, resulting in us outright 1st & minor premiers!

Maroon and White!

So thanks to that forward passed Dog's try being awarded on Friday night and us losing by 7 instead of 1 (or maybe not even losing - who knows?!), Penrith have overtaken us by a 2 points differential and into 1st place!

That better not happen come round 26 and put us out of the minor premiership!!

ALinda said:
So thanks to that forward passed Dog's try being awarded on Friday night and us losing by 7 instead of 1 (or maybe not even losing - who knows?!), Penrith have overtaken us by a 2 points differential and into 1st place!

That better not happen come round 26 and put us out of the minor premiership!!

Its ridiculous, someone may end up losing a grand final due to poor refereeing........

HappilyManly said:
If the Rabbids win tomorrow, they push us to 3rd as round 18 they get their Bye Points :(

If you are serious, then you truly are an 'Ironstein' .

I'd be surprised if the lead doesn't change often between now and the end of round 26.

Those away games in QLD and the last home game v the. Choccy Soldiers may well determine our fate

Mark from Brisbane said:
I'd be surprised if the lead doesn't change often between now and the end of round 26.

Those away games in QLD and the last home game v the. Choccy Soldiers may well determine our fate

Well we can't catch Penrith now. They have 9 games still to play and are sure to win at least one of them, so the MP is out of reach.

HappilyManly said:
If the Rabbids win tomorrow, they push us to 3rd as round 18 they get their Bye Points :(

Yes if they win tomorrow, we'll be 3rd ONLY if we lose on Friday night!

bones said:
Well we can't catch Penrith now. They have 9 games still to play and are sure to win at least one of them, so the MP is out of reach.

You are joking, aren't you Bones?! Of course we can catch Penrith - at this stage we've got just as much a chance of the MP as they have :)

I reckon the next 9 rounds plus the final series will determine how well we go this year.:p

Edit: and what a brilliant insightful post that was for post 5200 :D:p

If we can score more points than the opposition in our remaining games we are a good chance of beating them. If we beat our opposition every week we are a good chance of the minor premiership. If we win all our finals games including the GF then just quietly I think we can win the comp.

Just my opinion of course. I'm sure plenty disagree.

ALinda said:
HappilyManly said:

Yes if they win tomorrow, we'll be 3rd ONLY if we lose on Friday night!

bones said:

You are joking, aren't you Bones?! Of course we can catch Penrith - at this stage we've got just as much a chance of the MP as they have :)

Of course I was joking.
It's like saying we are third because souths have the bye next week.

Ramrod said:
Anyone noticed all top three teams' coaches are all ex-Manly players?

Yeah it's been touched on a little while ago, mate.

Pretty special huh, but not surprising really.

And Brad Arthur at the Squeels now too.

*As for this ongoing debate, if we keep winning we'll finish at least top 2.
Obviously if the T1ts roll the Vermin tonight, that helps, too.*

Glad all the BYES will end this coming round and Players commit to Manly and NO OTHER TEAM :cool:

Having to travel to FNQ and NZ will take its toll physically, but hopefully the Boys will gel even more and be ready for another Final Series :angel:

The anomaly of split rounds and the seemingly insurmountably unsymmetrical draw is detailed by Buzz here:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-rothfield-roar-deal-for-other-clubs-as-penrith-panthers-purr-due-to-lopsided-draw/story-fnj45km6-1226979627617
Roar deal for other clubs as Penrith Panthers purr due to lopsided draw
PHIL ROTHFIELD THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JULY 07, 2014

THE real reason Penrith’s five-year plan is so far ahead of schedule is the outrageously unfair draw and the effect of State of Origin on their rivals.

The Panthers have a massive advantage in playing premiership heavyweights the Roosters, Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs, Broncos and Cowboys only once in 26 rounds.

They get the struggling clubs Cronulla, the Knights, Titans and Raiders twice.

Also in their favour is the fact they don’t have to travel to Brisbane or Townsville.

Injuries aside they are at full strength each week because they have no Origin players.

It makes a huge difference to have an uninterrupted two months during Origin while the showpiece series decimates many of their rivals.

The Panthers play the ­Tigers without Robbie Farah and Aaron Woods and the Dragons without Trent ­Merrin and Brett Morris.

This is not a criticism of the Panthers. They can only play what’s in front of them and deserve to be equal premiership leaders.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7