Treasure chest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=182015.msg245719#msg245719 date=1258357413]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182015.msg245715#msg245715 date=1258355980]
I believe Manly ARE interested in Michael Monaghan.
That's all I'll say about that.
the manly fans who have a clue arent
[/quote]

So you are right in the get Monas back camp then Cliffy
[/quote]
**** you :p

"Throw it at thurston in 2011    "

I'm with you on that one Nutzcraw. He'll still have some good years left in him and top draw halves don't come on the market often. If we have to ship Kite (& others) out in 2011 to fit him in I would support it.

I know there are question marks over his ego and his past but if the goal is to win premierships then we would be stupid not to make a play for him.

He hasnt dont much for the cowboys though. So as good as he is, do we expect him to perform miracles here?

Some reports are saying that we are after Marc Herbert from the raiders.  Woud prefer Foran and Hodkinson

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182015.msg245820#msg245820 date=1258412676]
Where have you got that gem re Herbert from KF

Secret sources
[/quote]

Hopefully not from outside the cubicles of the Gypsy Bar! ;)

Dan
The Monkey boy has pretty much been a one man show at the Cowboys since Bowen started getting injured. In a team with stronger support around him I think he'd be rejuvenated and have plenty to offer. But can his ego take the change from being the big fish in the little pond?

In recent weeks 2SM have reckoned that Orford was going to Canberra so maybe the Herbert rumour was attached to that as a swap.That would be another Jye!

Bradza link said:
Dan
The Monkey boy has pretty much been a one man show at the Cowboys since Bowen started getting injured. In a team with stronger support around him I think he'd be rejuvenated and have plenty to offer. But can his ego take the change from being the big fish in the little pond?

In recent weeks 2SM have reckoned that Orford was going to Canberra so maybe the Herbert rumour was attached to that as a swap.That would be another Jye!

They have had some pretty handy players at the cowboys and some good forwards. I dont think he has been a one man show due to the quality of players around him

Name all the good players for me Dan. They are a good team in bursts but there's no consistency.

Southern
Webb
Kaufusi
Tronc
ODonnel
Graham
Tonga

Not to mention others like Payne, Rovelli, Ty Williams, Bowen and so on.

That was this years squad. Going back they have also had some very handy players.

Thurston is not a team player, it is well noted, as good as he is, he doesnt suit our club, and I dont think he would win us that many games.

He loses just as many for them as he wins with his whinging and carrying on, especially when things dont go his way and he sulks.

To say Cowboys are a one man team on paper is a joke, on the field they become that way though, all because of the man in the 7 in my opinion

Crap. He is not the Australian halfback through luck. O'Donnell is the only decent player in that list and he has been battling injuries for the past 2 years.

Put Thurston is our team and we would win the comp, no doubt at all.

His kicks in general play are almost always perfect, his goalkicking is brilliant, his ball skills are second to none and he can defend.

I have no doubt he would be good for us, but the rumours that come out of that club are pretty bad, and I cant see our team benefiting from being further fractured and more infighting. One player does not make a team and as good as they are, if they are not playing together they aren't going to win games.

That said I would love someone of his quality in our halves. You also have to think of what a bluechip signing like that would do to the rest of our ranks, we would have to shed other names to get him in.

By the way Doug, I will be in contact soon, try to keep late January/early Feb free

I wouldn't touch Thurston with a barge pole - and that's on very good authority of his extra-curricular antics in Townsville. 

Nutzcraw link said:
He can rape pidgeons for all I care..... If he came we'd win another comp... no doubt.
  That might depend on whether the NSW cops are as corrupt as the Queensland ones.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4