Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Here here Mark and well said, there are a few that like to put shiite on Ryan but I have always enjoyed his posts also.

@ Ryan, haters are always going to be haters m8, don't give shiite about anyone elses opinion. The only one that count at the end of the day buddy are your own.
I honestly dont mind MOST of Ryans posts, and will defend almost anyones right to say almost anything even thouh he has trolled me pretty hard in the past. Infact i suffer form acute memory loss, which can be both or only short or long term and usually forget what sides or factions people lean too and often miss their bias when reading posts.

Hmmmm, The Manly Warringah HSBC Eagles has a good ring to it????????

Close, Macquarie Bank he said (not sure if I should have said that???? Hope it's cool). Yeah, I thought it was strange he was down there solo to do the deal? Anyway, maybe it's an existing contact or something, I didn't delve.

That being said, good on him. Still looks like he could play tbh - the guy is a beast. Or maybe that's just a man crush on my behalf. So confident, yet so calming (if you get what I mean?)

In regards to roster, all I know is that I'm very happy with the way things are, and if one or two players are released I have no concern, the club has succession and a definitive plan. I know on paper we still have one of the best backlines in the game, and I think people may be surprised with our forwards next season (who always seem to get under rated) which I have no issues with.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that he is making the decisions, without any overrule from anyone, but has a team (whoever that is, not sure) that he's bouncing ideas off from various circles. He's the general. Scott Penn, Joe Kelly & others people are blaming for player movement may be sending their ire in the wrong direction.

This is Trent Barrett's machine, and like I say, he knows what he wants, and wants to achieve (my opinion only of coarse).

Last edited:
Mac Bank is an odd option, maybe if they were sponsoring the Waratahs but Manly???

@Ryan Surprised it's not someone like NAB....Lol

Close, Macquarie Bank he said (not sure if I should have said that???? Hope it's cool). Yeah, I thought it was strange he was down there solo to do the deal? Anyway, maybe it's an existing contact or something, I didn't delve.

That being said, good on him. Still looks like he could play tbh - the guy is a beast. Or maybe that's just a man crush on my behalf. So confident, yet so calming (if you get what I mean?)

In regards to roster, all I know is that I'm very happy with the way things are, and if one or two players are released I have no concern, the club has succession and a definitive plan. I know on paper we still have one of the best backlines in the game, and I think people may be surprised with our forwards next season (who always seem to get under rated) which I have no issues with.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that he is making the decisions, without any overrule from anyone, but has a team (whoever that is, not sure) that he's bouncing ideas off from various circles. He's the general. Scott Penn, Joe Kelly & others people are blaming for player movement may be sending their ire in the wrong direction.

This is Trent Barrett's machine, and like I say, he knows what he wants, and wants to achieve (my opinion only of coarse).

He better know what he wants, top 8 next year or he is punted, grand final within 2 years or he is punted. The bar has been raised very high.

He better know what he wants, top 8 next year or he is punted, grand final within 2 years or he is punted. The bar has been raised very high.

By who? Is he being punished because after knocking back the job he agreed to take it, and attempt to win premierships for us? It's not his fault the club decided to go in another direction. I know it was all handled atrociously, and I agree, but why level the wrath and pressure on Barrett for that?

Your putting undue pressure on him because you love Toovey.

Grand final within two year - Jesus Christ. Pressure much? We've become so embroiled in negativity, anger and disappointment, that we've lost sight of all the enjoyment of it all.

Dessie, one of the best coaches out there regardless of what the sour grapes crew think, was given 5 years to build a legacy, and improve he did every year.

We came 9th last season. I think we need to improve, so yeah, back to the finals that means. But Grand Final the year after? Harsh man, harsh. Anyway, your entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

I'm willing to give Barrett some latitude, primarily because of all the pressure he's going to be under. On NRL 360, he knows he has to win the fans over, and that will be done by results.

By who? Is he being punished because after knocking back the job he agreed to take it, and attempt to win premierships for us? It's not his fault the club decided to go in another direction. I know it was all handled atrociously, and I agree, but why level the wrath and pressure on Barrett for that?

Grand final within two year - Jesus Christ. Pressure much? We've become so embroiled in negativity, anger and disappointment, that we've lost sight of all the enjoyment of it all.

Dessie, one of the best coaches out there regardless of what the sour grapes crew think, was given 5 years to build a legacy, and improve he did every year.

We came 9th last season. I think we need to improve, so yeah, back to the finals that means. But Grand Final the year after? Harsh man, harsh. Anyway, your entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

I'm willing to give Barrett some latitude, primarily because of all the pressure he's going to be under. On NRL 360, he knows he has to win the fans over, and that will be done by results.

We are a "results driven business" - this is the level that was set for Toovey so why would it be any different for the next coach?

Tooves was sacked after coming 9th one year and not making the grand final for 2 years in a row. That is the level the bar has been raised to, not by me so don't shoot the messenger.

@Ryan I have met Trent myself - I can undestand why you'd have a man crush. He's pretty hot. There was a trail of female teachers following him like puppies. I may have been of them. He even wrote 'Go the Sea Eagles' for me and that was back in 2011.
Him and I go way back. Lol

I think you'd find Trent himself would be aiming for a premiership. A good coach would always judge himself accordingly.
C'mon Trent, your our Trent now, so we're with ya!

No you probably shouldn't have!

That would be an interesting one if correct, noting Bill Moss (the former CEO), is a big Parramatta supporter who had a role there for a while, trying to sort out their boardroom shemozzle.

I think one of the real questions for Barrett is how he moulds the young guns that are in Manly's 20's and brings them through to first grade.
There is some real talent here and rather than scoop up players other clubs get rid of we should not let the young ones leave.
Consider in the backs a bit of experience to help Tom T, Gutherson, Ramien, Travers and Pearsall.
Forwards include Jake T, Addison D, Knight, Pratt, Cox and young Bainbridge.
There are a few others that supporters may like too, a rep centre escapes me at the moment .....think he is injured but is good. Anyone recall him?
I think you mean tom wright he's A gun 5/8 but can play centre aswell

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12